Potty training, Allure, and babysitting.

QTMichele

I am in the early stages of potty training my just turned 3 year old son. (Pass me a drink, please.) He will pee on the potty, but no where near consistently, and definitely not well enough to go to Adventure Ocean. I'm hoping/trying/praying/begging that the next two months go better for us.

In the meantime, I would like to know if the Allure offers in-room babysitting? We used it on the Freedom, but that was before they installed the Royal Babies and Tots nursery. I'm hoping the answer is YES so my DH and I can have a few hours during the week to relax and enjoy a specialty dinner or show.

Thanks for the info!

PS Are boys really this difficult to train?! My girls were so EASY!

PS Are boys really this difficult to train?! My girls were so EASY!

With my son, what worked was giving him M & M's, as a reward for successfully using the toilet. With this incentive in place, he quickly became proficient at it. However, it took a year or so before he would go on his own, without us having to get on him about it. One thing to consider, I noticed a huge change in his self-motivation after I finally gave up nagging and just let him go, or not go, as he desired. If your son senses that you are eager to rush him through before your deadline, he may resist.

My daughter was a piece of cake. Used the toilet before her second birthday and was fully trained, day and night, by age 2-1/2. Never had to give her a single M & M.

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know there is babysitting if I need it. I don't think kids older than 36 months are allowed in the nursery though. We are trying our best to get this potty training knocked out, we shall see. Otherwise, we will do the in room sitting a few nights. I appreciate your advice in that department too; although, I should have it down pat - I have 3 kids and I'm the oldest of 5 with a LOT of years between me and the youngest! Lol just goes to show how different each child is.

I used M & M's to train my son. They helped push him forward. He trained quickly -- but only because he was ready and didn't want to wear diapers anymore. I tried to train him at 3, but he wasn't ready, and I could see a battle coming. I didn't have a cruise scheduled, so I opted for jumbo Pampers instead of accidents. I tried again at 3 1/2, and it was a piece of cake. By then, he hated diapers and couldn't wait to be out of them!Underwear in a month. Dry overnight a few months afterward. Boys generally take longer. If your son is ready, the M & M's will help. Good luck. Hope it happens for you.

I used M & M's to train my son. They helped push him forward. He trained quickly -- but only because he was ready and didn't want to wear diapers anymore. I tried to train him at 3, but he wasn't ready, and I could see a battle coming. I didn't have a cruise scheduled, so I opted for jumbo Pampers instead of accidents. I tried again at 3 1/2, and it was a piece of cake. By then, he hated diapers and couldn't wait to be out of them!Underwear in a month. Dry overnight a few months afterward. Boys generally take longer. If your son is ready, the M & M's will help. Good luck. Hope it happens for you.

Thanks so much! We are trying the candy approach. Bribery will get you anywhere. ;)

Michele, we were on Allure last week. We were literally the first ones to request babysitting and only were able to get sitters one of the three nights requested. My biggest gripe is that guest services did not let us know until a few hours within the time we had requested, which made changing or canceling reservations impossible. This was the first time RCI could not fulfill our babysitting request and we were definitely disappointed. Just wanted to give you the heads up so you have it in the back of your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so disappointing to hear. I wonder why that happened - too many requests, too few babysitters, or some other reason? I may plan on making reservations immediately upon boarding, even if my son is potty trained so I have a back up plan for a few nights in case he hates the kids club. I've seen all the shows, but I'd still like to go again, especially to see the reactions of my family who've never been on a cruise or seen the shows. At any rate, I appreciate the heads up. Thank you.

Oh... How much was babysitting, and how many kids did they watch? BTW, on our Freedom cruise, they told me they would call to confirm my times. They never did so I assumed I didn't get the babysitting. Well, the sitters showed up and I wasn't there. Fortunately, they didn't charge me for that night and they were able to come the remaining nights.

They did call to confirm or deny each of the 3 days, always in the evening. The reason they gave for not fulfilling was that they were understaffed.

Oh and I was also told that babysitting is not available until 9pm, which I don't remember being the case on Oasis or Freedom.

We were charged $19/hr which I believe is the rate for one or two children. Which is also now charged to the seapass card and not collected in cash as in the past.

They did call to confirm or deny each of the 3 days, always in the evening. The reason they gave for not fulfilling was that they were understaffed.

Oh and I was also told that babysitting is not available until 9pm, which I don't remember being the case on Oasis or Freedom.

We were charged $19/hr which I believe is the rate for one or two children. Which is also now charged to the seapass card and not collected in cash as in the past.

Thank you! I appreciate the current info. :)

2 days would be a DREAM!

My oldest was 2 when she was trained. She got it on the first day we tried, but had a few accidents the first week (no more than 1/day). My middle was also 2, and she took to it pretty well too - maybe a week of training, and it was pretty easy training. Then there's my son... I just don't think he's quite ready. He's interested, but something is holding him back. I don't want to push him because I don't want him to push back and get further behind. Maybe "nakey butt" is worth a try. ;)

My DD's daycare teacher in the "red room" (2.5 to 3.5YO) actually quit her job and is a full-time potty training "coach"! Miss Sue is a master -- don't know how she does it, but even with special needs children she's been able to get most trained in a few days.

My DD's daycare teacher in the "red room" (2.5 to 3.5YO) actually quit her job and is a full-time potty training "coach"! Miss Sue is a master -- don't know how she does it, but even with special needs children she's been able to get most trained in a few days.

My sister found someone who ran a program out of her kitchen outside Chicago!

Archived