Favorite Foods?

efoote01

Any of the lamb dishes...and the Osso Bucco this past cruise on the NA was pretty good...food I don't usually cook at home. Their Caesar Salad with anchovies is also something I look forward to eating!

Oh, my! Another food thread to whet my appetite for my upcoming cruise!

I'm so looking forward to the waffles and chocolate croissants at breakfast, bread pudding at lunch, and cold soups at dinner. However, I don't try to do them all in one day! :eek:

Reading this thread has me thinking I should try to lose a few lbs. before our upcoming cruise!

Let's see: If I had to name one favorite thing, something I look forward to each and every cruise, it is the escargot! YUMMY!

Many other things are the croissants; bread pudding in the Lido; the baked brie, lamb chops, and creme brulee in the MDR, anything in the Pinnacle Grill, and, I, too, have had the cinnamon ice cream in the Lido...another favorite!

The cold soups are good...but sort of remind me of melted ice cream. So I restrain, in favor of other things.

Soups in the MDR are consistently excellent and sometimes amazing.

If you like beef you should try the Pinnacle at least once - I've read mixed reviews but after eating there multiple times on multiple ships it's been consistently outstanding IMO.

Tamarind is very good, and the dim sum lunch there is free.

The cold fruit soups are very good and I agree with others about them being somewhat dessert-like and likely calorie laden. I was also found of the escargot, which is the best I've had, as well as the bone-in rib eye in the Pinnacle Grill.

My DS (4) was quite fond of the "watermelon pie" which was a type of ice cream/sorbet creation that looked like a slice of watermelon with chocolate seeds. That's the thing he is most looking forward to in the DR this month.

I had gastric bypass surgery about 3 and a half months ago. I'm doing well, and have lost 40 pounds, 15 more to go (I lost 35 before the surgery). I can only eat small bits of food as my stomach is the size of an egg:eek: However I am so looking forward to my cruise at the end of January. I will be close to 6 months by then and will be able to try most foods. My husband is quite happy because he will be finishing all my meals.:) I don't plan to sabatoge myself by going crazy, but I don't make too many "real" meals anymore as it is mostly my husband who eats it. Making a roast for one person, even using the leftovers, isn't too practical. So this will be fun. He will follow behind me and finish up my food, kinda like a dog. Hope he doesn't read this.

Archived