Favorite Foods?

efoote01

Raisin buns from lido for pre-breakfast warm up, preferably with coffee on deck for sail in; powdered sugar doughnut with breakfast ( they got fast and are fantastic);

Grilled Veggie sandwiches on pannini bread in lido; cinnamon rolls in explorations;

Amsterdams fresh blueberry pie- or was it cobbler in those huge pans?;

Rib eye steak in pinnacle ( melts in your mouth) after jumbo shrimp cocktail; and baked Alaska made with cherry Garcia ice cream flambé;

Crab bisque in lido (ohhhhhhh);

Lamb chops;

Chocolate truffles in pinnacle and explorations. (has no one yet mentioned THOSE?

I've got to start dinner now...... Nothing I make will live up to any of this!

What are your favorite foods on Holland America? Trying to plan my eating :)

We LOVED the waffles with fruit and cream for breakfast. On the Maasdam, white and chocolate chips were also available as toppings.

DW LOVED the 3 flavor creme brulee in the Pinnacle Grill.

DW enjoyed the fruit cobblers for dessert in the MDR. I enjoy the sorbets.

So much variety, hard to not find something you like.

Definitely the Eggs Benedict.

I always love Eggs Benedict but on HAL they are really good - and there are 7 different varieties to choose from :D.

Are those varieties on Lido? Or in the MDR or room service?

I don't remember seeing them on our first HAL cruise (not an egg lover myself), but I know my wife will be looking for all these varieties in about 10 days :)

Are those varieties on Lido? Or in the MDR or room service?

I don't remember seeing them on our first HAL cruise (not an egg lover myself), but I know my wife will be looking for all these varieties in about 10 days :)

They are in the Lido. There is a separate section for them.

On the Noordam last year they were slightly away from other things (slightly round the other side) and if you were not looking for them may have been easy to miss. I, of course, made a point of looking for them :o :D

You can get regular Eggs Benedict in the MDR and sometimes they have one of the other varieties as a 'daily special'

These are a special treat for us as we don't tend to get them served here and I am not very good at making them.

• 2 weeks later...

Bread Pudding, prime rib at the Pinnacle, my traveling partner had banana ice cream which she said was to die for...I went back for some it was gone, and never had it again. I'm getting hungry reading this thread.

Rick

The cold soups: vichy soise, gazpacho, fruit soups, etc. Or maybe it is the prosciutto with cantelope. Can't make up my mind. The fruit soups could easily be offered on the dessert menu.

This is a real coincidence, RuthC. I hadn't seen any posts by you lately and was beginning to wonder. Then you show up as the last person to post on this thread just before me. Hope you've just been on a long cruise.

This is a real coincidence, RuthC. I hadn't seen any posts by you lately and was beginning to wonder. Then you show up as the last person to post on this thread just before me. Hope you've just been on a long cruise.

Not that long, but yes, I've been sailing. :D

Thanks for noticing.

I just recently got to try the chocolate purse. Arguably the absolute best dessert I have ever had. Ever! :D

Thanks for testing it for us, Ruth! ;) I hope we can enjoy it on the Maasdam soon. Was that in the MDR or the Pinnacle?

Thanks for testing it for us, Ruth! ;) I hope we can enjoy it on the Maasdam soon. Was that in the MDR or the Pinnacle?

The main dining room. It was better than any dessert I have ever had in the Pinnacle, and some of those have been outstanding.

The purse was filled with a very good grade of chocolate, then wrapped in phillo dough and baked. The chocolate was warm and slightly gooey, while the phillo dough was buttery and crispy.

To die for.

The main dining room. It was better than any dessert I have ever had in the Pinnacle, and some of those have been outstanding.

The purse was filled with a very good grade of chocolate, then wrapped in phillo dough and baked. The chocolate was warm and slightly gooey, while the phillo dough was buttery and crispy.

To die for.

Oh, my! That sounds absolutely decadent! Hope we get to try it on our next cruise!

Archived