Unbelievable Complaints

Orator

On our last cruise, the other woman at our table was incredibly hard to please. She kept saying, "I've worked in a 5 star hotel, and this is not 5 star service." If she'd said it one more time, I think I would have snapped back, "In case you hadn't noticed, you're not paying 5 star prices either."

As far as we were concerned, service at dinner and almost everywhere else on the ship was outstanding. Never having stayed in a 5 star hotel, I don't know what 5 star service is, but it couldn't have been any better than what we received.

Kathy

On our last cruise three incidents imprinted themselves indelibly on my mind.

First off was the man who had just completed his 40th or so cruise with Princess and made sure everyone in hearing range knew it. So, when it transpired that a new hire didn't know his name he was off to the Purser's Desk to complain.

Second was the woman who was complaining that fog ruined her shore excursion and demanded a refund. She kept waving around pictures that proved there was fog so she was entitled to a refund.

Third, and my personal favourite, we were at the Chef's Table and one of our fellow diners decided that this was the time to complain to the head chef that the cheesecake wasn't consistent throughout the ship. :eek::eek:

Yup, takes all kinds. :rolleyes:

We overheard two "ladies" talking at lunch and one said to the other,

"Well, my dear, I've looked through the passenger list and I've checked on "Who's Who" in the library and, quite honestly, there is no one worth knowing on this cruise."

Another "lady" going up in the elevator was carrying a towel and out of politeness we asked it she was going for a swim in the pool.

She turned and raised her nose and said, "No, other people use that".

X Lucy

*LOL*

Love people like that .

While my son was in high school he worked at a little gourmet grocery store /deli in a pretty ritzy little town.

One of those places where a little jar of jelly is $15 and a loaf of Artisan bread is $8, and they had cheeses that went for $30 a pound. He dealt with plenty of High Falutin "Do you know who I am ?" types.

Two of his frequent customers were "The Two Mrs Smith's". The middle aged ex wife of a big shot CEO who everytime she came in managed to beyotch and moan about something wrong with something and of course managed to throw in a couple "Do you know who I am's?"

AND the current much , much, much younger "Mrs Smith " who was very very nice and was known to tip the kids there $20 just to carry one little bag out to her car parked 10 feet away from the front door.

My son had only dealt with the current one and didn't know there was a former one until she came in one day . She lit into him about an order that was delivered to her house and it was wrong and how stupid are the people here . (My DS had nothing to do with delivery orders and knew nothing about the mistake so he offered to get a manager who could help) But no she just wanted to lay into my son.

Finally she throws out that she is "Mrs" Smith.

My DS looks at her confused and says "No you aren't"

She says "I certainly am , I am here all the time , what is wrong with you ?"

Well between being pissed off at this woman , a little embaressed at being talked to like this in front of a store full of people , and a touch of teenaged smartassness . He shoots back

"NO you aren't ....."Mrs Smith is HOT and really nice "

*LOL* Thats my boy :)

Yes, obviously she needs sensitivity training from you in political correctness. :rolleyes:

How did you know she was American? Did you ask her? I've heard some of them darn Canadians that you almost wouldn't know the difference, except for that eh and aboot thing.

I have a lot of Canadian friends and do visit regularly and this lady was "definitely" American. I know of course it doesn't relate to all Americans as we met the most wonderful and fantastic Amercian cruising companions on Connie this year who had very good manners and would never have behaved like this lady. I just felt so sorry for the very nice guy she was screaming at.

Just off Constellation. Felt sorry the Concierge when one woman requested a map of Barcelona and then complained that that was not the map she wanted since "all of the street names were in Spanish" and that she didn't understand Spanish. She demanded one with the street names in English. This is an absolutely true story. Remco is a wonderful Concierge and a fan of Cruise Critic.

Oh well, I guess you can't please everyone. Just curious, how was the cruise? We are booked on the Connie this April. We just returned from the Silhouette, really enjoyed it. But then again, we enjoy every cruise.

Oh well, I guess you can't please everyone. Just curious, how was the cruise? We are booked on the Connie this April. We just returned from the Silhouette, really enjoyed it. But then again, we enjoy every cruise.

Cruise was wonderful despite noro restrictions. Get to know the Rest.Manager, Srojan if he is onboard. He'll do everthing he can to please you. He has a wonderful sense of humor.

Talk about complainers, this went down a storm...

We were on the indi of the seas last Christmas & new year and the D & D+ lounge was hosted in the Olive or Twist lounge on deck 14.

A small group of us were in the lift going to 14 and this one passenger was moaning and moaning about how the lounge was closed every night for a private party. It was just terrible that she couldn't use every bar onboard all of the time.

Anyway the lift arrives and the doors start to open and the complainer says, (looking down her nose) "anyway how much does it cost to get into this private party?"

My wife looked over her shoulder just as the doors were about to close and says, "about 20 grand!"

Classic moment, had to be there to see her face, the doors closed and we never saw her again

I only complain about the complainers ! Why do you cruise if all you do is complain?

Beats me every time :cool:

...the lift arrives and the doors start to open and the complainer says, (looking down her nose) "anyway how much does it cost to get into this private party?"

My wife looked over her shoulder just as the doors were about to close and says, "about 20 grand!"

Good one! I might have quipped, "Well, if you have to ask, then you can't afford it." :D

1. A couple at our table we would see every day at guest relations, one of the two was a laywer, every single day new complaint

a. "they move the deck chairs at night above our cabin", guest relations offered to move them to same category cabin another deck down, "we're not moving unless they GIVE us a suite"

b. The coffee is terrible at the cova cafe, someone suggest they try another venue "well. we don't want to go somewhere else, we like it there"

c. "They play too much music on this ship, they need a quiet place". someone suggests the library, "well, we don't want to go up there"

2. Couple from California on our last cruise to western med. on an excursion to Nice. Half way through the excursion, "This is not what we expected, we're returning to the ship" They then leave us, charter a yacht for 1500 Euros to take them back to the ship, and present the bill to guest relations. Guess what guest relations didn't reimburse them, they then called their travel insurance company who told them they were crazy;) if they thought they were going to pay it.

1. A couple at our table we would see every day at guest relations, one of the two was a laywer, every single day new complaint

a. "they move the deck chairs at night above our cabin", guest relations offered to move them to same category cabin another deck down, "we're not moving unless they GIVE us a suite"

b. The coffee is terrible at the cova cafe, someone suggest they try another venue "well. we don't want to go somewhere else, we like it there"

c. "They play too much music on this ship, they need a quiet place". someone suggests the library, "well, we don't want to go up there"

2. Couple from California on our last cruise to western med. on an excursion to Nice. Half way through the excursion, "This is not what we expected, we're returning to the ship" They then leave us, charter a yacht for 1500 Euros to take them back to the ship, and present the bill to guest relations. Guess what guest relations didn't reimburse them, they then called their travel insurance company who told them they were crazy;) if they thought they were going to pay it.

Sometimes there is no pleasing people, no matter what. Sheesh.

I love your story about the yacht. Some people have vivid imaginations!

Has it struck anyone else that it's a bit ironic that we're sitting here complaining about people who complain? :rolleyes:

I noticed that also but decided not to bring up that point as I was enjoying the examples. I really think most of the posters are making fun of the complainers, not really complaining about then. JMO. We all love to tell stories in an attempt to make others laugh.

Has it struck anyone else that it's a bit ironic that we're sitting here complaining about people who complain? :rolleyes:

We are not really complaining. We are entertaining our fellow CCers with anecdotes about complainers . :)

We are not really complaining. We are entertaining our fellow CCers with anecdotes about complainers . :)

I agree -- We have had some very entertaining moments around the guest relations desk listening to idiots complain.

One our favorites was when a man was dealing with the GR person and was demanding a "complaint form" --- no matter how hard the rep tried to find out what his problem was all he would do is repeat his demand for a complaint form.

It has worked it's way into our vocabulary -- from time to time when DW and I don't see eye to eye -- one of us will request a "compliant form" (you can't do this very often ;) )

It has worked it's way into our vocabulary -- from time to time when DW and I don't see eye to eye -- one of us will request a "compliant form"...

That form has been in my repertoire for years. It looks like this:

Write your complaint inside this box. Be specific: []

:D

This was our first cruise, back in 2000, on Majesty of the Seas. DH and I still talk about this woman.

She sat at the dining room table for lunch with her (I guess) husband. She compained that there were two out of service elevators and she had to walk to lunch.

Then she got the menu! It was in Spanish! Others offered her their menus. But she refused. Her appetite was now ruined. There were tears in her eyes.:eek:

I agree -- We have had some very entertaining moments around the guest relations desk listening to idiots complain.

One our favorites was when a man was dealing with the GR person and was demanding a "complaint form" --- no matter how hard the rep tried to find out what his problem was all he would do is repeat his demand for a complaint form.

It has worked it's way into our vocabulary -- from time to time when DW and I don't see eye to eye -- one of us will request a "compliant form" (you can't do this very often ;) )

Of course if one of you is compliant then the other would have no need for a complaint form. That would be very efficacious for me providing I was not the one who was required to be compliant.

I only complain about the complainers ! Why do you cruise if all you do is complain?

Beats me every time :cool:

I assure you that the cruiser that complains, also complains a the dry cleaner, grocery store, deli, market etc

What a miserable way to go through life, and for those around them

Archived