Youngest Diamond Member ??

villauk

Wow, this sounds almost impossible. I had to get the calulator

out. Eleven years old equals 4015 days of life. Assuming no

suites, he's sailed 700 nights? Now that's the life!

I was trying to be one of the youngest pinnacle's and my goal is

to reach it by 50. No use trying anymore :( .... but I will .:D

You would have missed it anyway. I am only 40 and already a Pinnacle member.:)

Are you saying they did enough cruises by that age to get there on their own .. or you were, so they were. If they did that many by age 3, thats a lot of cruising.

They Wish! My 7 year old has 5 of her own cruises and the 3 year old has 2, but the receive their parents status!

I'm 25 and I have a really REALLY hard time using the Diamond C&A coupons. I can't imagine the reactions the 8 year old gets, walking into Johnny Rockets with a Diamond + coupon.

Under 18's have their own different coupon book.

Wow, this sounds almost impossible. I had to get the calulator

out. Eleven years old equals 4015 days of life. Assuming no

suites, he's sailed 700 nights? Now that's the life!

I was trying to be one of the youngest pinnacle's and my goal is

to reach it by 50. No use trying anymore :( .... but I will .:D

Staying in suites, and accumulating a lot pre-conversion cruise credits on short cruises, you could probably be near Pinnacle with 150 days at sea, maybe less if you took advantage of various cruise credit promotions.

Wait until these children become adults and have to work for a living - 15 days off PER YEAR if you are lucky at an entry job. I'm speaking from experience here - as I have had to deal with this with my daughter - who was over 100 credits before Pinnacle ever came about at age 19.

Now she is Pinnacle and has only a few times a year to cruise. I've told her she was lucky enough to do things that retired people do while she was young.... now use that as an incentive to work hard and make something of yourself.:o

Our little guy made Diamond at 3, Diamond Plus at 4-years-old! Living in Florida has benefits.................

Wazoo.....in the period of approx 12 months your little one got 14+ credits !! (10 for Diamond....24 for D+) Mom and dad must work on the ship........OR......not work at all to cruise that much.....bless your heart.

I'm jealous

Edited by SRQfireman

Wazoo.....in the period of approx 12 months your little one got 14+ credits !! (10 for Diamond....24 for D+) Mom and dad must work on the ship........OR......not work at all to cruise that much.....bless your heart.

I'm jealous

Three night suite cruises on the Monarch provided much of the heavy lifting. Toss in a couple December diamond event points (plus suite credits) on the Radiance and the Freedom. Add a couple of cruises with his grandmother and you end up with a toddler with more points than his parents. Last Christmas, my 4-year-old was showing me around the Radiance as he had just completed a cruise, and it was my first time aboard. :D

I'm 25 and I have a really REALLY hard time using the Diamond C&A coupons. I can't imagine the reactions the 8 year old gets, walking into Johnny Rockets with a Diamond + coupon.

Have they really given you a hard time about it?? I'm only a year older than you (and perhaps look a few years younger than I am) and have never had an issue handing over my D coupons.

Edit: I guess the only issue I have had was the nasty D concierge on Oasis who was never friendly to me... but I can't imagine being denied a D perk just because one looks young.

Edited by Dave85

• 4 years later...

My Grandson was 19 when he became Diamond on his own status. He still gets the "suspicious" look when he shows up the first night in the Diamond Lounge (he's now 22), but after that, no problems. He has a couple of drinks and knows to leave a tip.