Your First Glimpse of Your Ship!

will773

Was just looking at a thread over on the Carnival boards and thought I would start the same thing over here.

One of the most exciting moments of your entire cruise is pulling up to the port, and seeing your ship for the first time. Post your pictures of your exciting moment, and follow this guide:

Ship Name

Date

Port

Cruise #

I'll Start!

Navigator of the Seas

April 18, 2011

Port Everglades, Florida

Cruise #4

SDC11631.jpg

SDC11632.jpg

Allure of the Seas

June 19, 2011

Port Everglades, Florida

Cruise #5

SDC12650.jpg

SDC12667.jpg

Our first "real" (not counting the Viking Serenade) Royal Caribbean cruise was on the Liberty of the Seas back during her inaugural season in 2007. I woke up very early and was able to see her pulling into port.

LibertyNight.jpg

And here's what she looked like in daylight:

LibertyDay.jpg

Our first "real" (not counting the Viking Serenade) Royal Caribbean cruise was on the Liberty of the Seas back during her inaugural season in 2007. I woke up very early and was able to see her pulling into port.

LibertyNight.jpg

And here's what she looked like in daylight:

LibertyDay.jpg

Is that picture take from the Holiday Inn PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN ?

Jimbo:)

Nice! I hope others post their pics!

Haha, I don't have pics but my first cruise was on Carnival Elation (small, old, and it was kind of dirty at the time since it was long out of dry dock) and it was sitting next to a HUGE and really nice HAL ship (not sure which one) so my first impression of my first ship was very disappointing, just in comparison to what it was next to! I remember looking over at the HAL ship wondering if I could sneak on it somehow. Haha!

Is that picture take from the Holiday Inn PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN ?

Good question. I don't remember. I just looked and found my live thread. There I posted:

Just wondering what hotel are you staying at and where did you eat at Bayside yesterday?

We're staying at the Holiday Inn. We've got a nice view of the ship from our room, so we're happy.

At Bayside, we just went up to the food court and got several different fast food options. My kids got pizza and Chinese, I had steak and DH had middle eastern. We had an early and simple dinner since we hadn't eaten since breakfast due to the mid-day traveling. We're saving the "good" dinners for the ship! :D

I don't know if it's specifically the Holiday Inn you named, but it's at least a Holiday Inn somewhere in Miami. :)

Good question. I don't remember. I just looked and found my live thread. There I posted:

I don't know if it's specifically the Holiday Inn you named, but it's at least a Holiday Inn somewhere in Miami. :)

If Bayside was right across the street from the hotel, then it was the Holiday Inn Downtown for sure.

Let me look through my stuff real quick.... Hmm, only started taking that "First view" picture last cruise. But, that will be a picture to take in the future.

This was very literally the first sight of Mariner. Look through the trees. :)

Ship Name- Mariner OTS

Date- January 9, 2011

Port- Los Angeles (San Pedro)

Cruise #4

5364890677_7b710d5b58_b.jpg

First sight of Mariner OTS by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

My first cruise with RCL was on Rhapsody. It was so exciting seeing her at Canada Place as we arrived by bus. She looked so big. This was before the Panamax ships. The line for the busses was long. I thought I'd never get on the ship. I have been on several Vision class cruises and always felt at home. I didn't realize how much smaller they are than a lot of todays ships until one time in Mazatlan, Vision was docked behind Diamond Princess which we were on. I wish I knew how to post pics.

Since I don't have a pic of driving up to the Oasis and I think the terminal building dwarfed the lil Grandeur :p here's my an iPhone shot of my 3rd ship from FLL when I dropped off my rental car & was waiting for the shuttle - can spot the double stacks a mile away ;)

Allure of the Seas

Port Everglades

Dec 5, 2010

Cruise #3

web.jpg?ver=12924332610001

Flying over Port Everglades into the Ft. Lauderdale airport. This got me really excited to on the ship.

155856_10150097968386354_503396353_7405505_6930925_n.jpg

Love that pic! I've taken pictures the past few times that I've flown out of FLL, we always fly right over the port!

Love this thread, keep it going! :D

Serenade of The Seas

10/10/10

San Juan Puerto Rico

Cruise 2

028.jpg

029.jpg

027.jpg

This one wasn't at the Port but it's a pic I took while on an excursion in St. Lucia... I just love seeing the Serenade sitting docked out there!

218.jpg

Flying over Port Everglades into the Ft. Lauderdale airport. This got me really excited to on the ship.

155856_10150097968386354_503396353_7405505_6930925_n.jpg

I'll look for pictures later, but seeing the ship for the first time is definitely a thrill for me. So far my 6 cruises have all been out of Miami or Port Everglades. As mentioned, frequently you see the ships when you are landing when coming by air. My first 3 cruises out were out of Miami, and there was a certain thrill of making the right turn by American Airlines Arena and crowning the hill on the bridge and getting the first look. When we cruised on Freedom she has docked in the last spot and we could see her as soon as we turned the corner. That really gave a quick idea how big she was since at the time she was the biggest and we hadn't seen her with our own eyes yet.

Althouogh I don't have the pictures, I certainly remember the excitement and the WOW factor. Our first cruise was on the Nordic Empress (renamed Empress of the Seas). As we pulled up, WOW, what a big beautiful ship. Our next cruise we were on the Sovereign of the Seas. Same WOW and excitement. It happened all over again with the FOS. I can only imagine our response if we get to Oasis or Allure. When you see the ship, the stress roll out of you and the excitement begins. You are on vacation!

Getting the message "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Anyone know what is happening?

Getting the message "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Anyone know what is happening?

Is this happening when you're posting pictures?

Haha, I don't have pics but my first cruise was on Carnival Elation (small, old, and it was kind of dirty at the time since it was long out of dry dock) and it was sitting next to a HUGE and really nice HAL ship (not sure which one) so my first impression of my first ship was very disappointing, just in comparison to what it was next to! I remember looking over at the HAL ship wondering if I could sneak on it somehow. Haha!

Funny, that happened to us a couple of times. NCL Sea and Carnival Celebration, decided after that to not have any more ship envy.

Archived