Anyone ever flash mob the "flash mob"??

Atty

Has anyone ever seen a real flash mob jump in and do their own dance during the fake advertised flash mob during a cruise? It cracks me up that they advertise that they are doing a "flash mob."

Has anyone ever seen a real flash mob jump in and do their own dance during the fake advertised flash mob during a cruise? It cracks me up that they advertise that they are doing a "flash mob."

No.

Never seen an advertised flash mob. IMO it isn't a flash mob if it's advertised.

I have seen the Flash Mob, listed in a compass, as it is entertaining it is good that many people get a chance to see it. The funnyist thing is to get a group of friends to flash at the same time in the same area, but doing a completely different routine, as then others do not know what is the correct one, we did it and completely confused the organised flash. The music mix is often the same as they use it throughout the different ships, so once you have videod one you an work out your own dances.

No but I was part of a flash mob that had some drunk guy come in and start dancing in the middle of our group. It was hilarious!

ETA: it's not really a flash mob if they list it as a planned event in the compass. lol.

I have seen the Flash Mob, listed in a compass, as it is entertaining it is good that many people get a chance to see it. The funnyist thing is to get a group of friends to flash at the same time in the same area, but doing a completely different routine, as then others do not know what is the correct one, we did it and completely confused the organised flash. The music mix is often the same as they use it throughout the different ships, so once you have videod one you an work out your own dances.

You know what? That sounds just plain mean. :(

I did the flash mob on Oasis and it involved giving up several hours of my cruise time to learn the dance. We were a part of the final nights entertainment on the promenade and we were not advertised in advance - only the practices were. I really cannot understand why people would want to purposely ruin something that others have practiced to prepare.

While I agree RCLs Flash Mob may not qualify as a legitimate Flash Mob, it is something fun to look forward to, especially for frequent cruisers.

I learned the dance this spring on the Freedom, and was surprised to hear the music sequence start up on our Mariner cruise this month during the parade. Once you learn it, you can jump in on any cruise you hear it on. It will always be the same. I surprised the heck out of my travel companions this time!

The classes are a little bit of needed exercise, and once you know it, you can participate any time/any cruise you hear the music. I don't know if RCL will be successful keeping the momentum up, but I'm in!

Instead of calling it a 'flash mob' they should just call it 'group dance time' and then we would have nothing to say!!:p

There is nothing better then to witness a true flash mob that has surprized the on lookers. The true spirit of it is gone when drunk folks jumping in, or another group doing a differnt dance really proves it is not a true flash mob. You're not supposed to be looking for it either!!

On a side note- a group dance can be fun.:D

Royal-get with it and call it what it is!!:)

Just to clarify the flash dance that we did was on the first day of the cruise, just after the muster drill, in the Royal prom. It had nothing to do with the group Dance that other people worked on, it was only in the same area as the " so called " flash dance done by cruise staff, dancers and the youth team. Any way you choose your fun, and we will choose ours, we enjoyed ourselves and gave many others a real laugh including the cruise staff that just p***** themselves laughing. :D Not mean, just funny, to those with a matching sense of humour.

I did the flash mob on Oasis and it involved giving up several hours of my cruise time to learn the dance. We were a part of the final nights entertainment on the promenade and we were not advertised in advance - only the practices were. I really cannot understand why people would want to purposely ruin something that others have practiced to prepare.

my point exactly. They advertise the practices and the actual performance.

Not on the Oasis they didn't. Of course they have to advertise the practices, but the performance was not advertised at all. They just announced that everyone should be on the promenade at a certain time for a farewell surprise. The flash mob took place just before the evenings events started.

How is it not mean that the "Flash Mob" disrupts the peaceful afternoon / evening of those trying to enjoy that area of the ship?

Just to clarify the flash dance that we did was on the first day of the cruise, just after the muster drill, in the Royal prom. It had nothing to do with the group Dance that other people worked on, it was only in the same area as the " so called " flash dance done by cruise staff, dancers and the youth team. Any way you choose your fun, and we will choose ours, we enjoyed ourselves and gave many others a real laugh including the cruise staff that just p***** themselves laughing. :D Not mean, just funny, to those with a matching sense of humour.

I'm with Chip on this one. You have to have a sense of humor.

Archived