Oasis LIVE (one month later!) Review

I have to say that although you cruised Oasis a year and a half ago, your review of the flow rider had me laughing hysterically!!! Omg, so, so funny!

Thanks for a great review!

Traci

Sorry didn't see that the first reply went through...

Edited by Heytray41

@ Familygoboston...I know this review is a year and a half old, but have to tell you that I was hysterically laughing at your flow rider review!!! Omg so, so funny!!

Your review is great, thanks!

Traci

Thanks Traci! It's still hard to believe that happened to me:eek: Although my kids tried the FR on Allure, I just watched!;)

My daughter and I will be sailing on the Oasis this Nov. (My 2nd time and her 1st.). (I use a lot of parentheses, too.). I have read your review numerous times since we booked, and each time I think, "oh, I need to write down this tip, or that suggestion.". Last night I went through the whole review again, and copied and pasted relevant info into a word doc. I'm sure I will study it many more times before we sail. I love your style of writing, and the detail with which you describe "best" places to sit, etc. My only disagreement is about the seating at the Aqua Theater. I found the chairs to be terribly uncomfortable, and I moved to a bench. I can't remember the details, but I know the chairs hit me in the wrong places.

Thanks again for the GREAT review, and for your follow-up answers. I wish you were going to be on our cruise so I could meet you in person. :)

Ok. So now I know why we never saw you at the Flowrider on Allure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, right Randy, that's all your in laws needed after what they saw at Quest- they'd have determined we were Godless heathens and forbidden you and Amy from ever seeing us again:eek:

My daughter and I will be sailing on the Oasis this Nov. (My 2nd time and her 1st.). (I use a lot of parentheses, too.). I have read your review numerous times since we booked, and each time I think, "oh, I need to write down this tip, or that suggestion.". Last night I went through the whole review again, and copied and pasted relevant info into a word doc. I'm sure I will study it many more times before we sail. I love your style of writing, and the detail with which you describe "best" places to sit, etc. My only disagreement is about the seating at the Aqua Theater. I found the chairs to be terribly uncomfortable, and I moved to a bench. I can't remember the details, but I know the chairs hit me in the wrong places.

Thanks again for the GREAT review, and for your follow-up answers. I wish you were going to be on our cruise so I could meet you in person. :)

I do this! I have " word " docs with tips for every trip I take g

Earned from reviews far and wide!:o Thank you for your kind words! We actually like to watch the Aqutheater shows from the "secret balconies" now...I hope to get back OA Or AL; but not sure when that will be!

Have a wonderful cruise- almost time for final payment and booking shows...yeah!:D

Edited by Familygoboston

Yeah, right Randy, that's all your in laws needed after what they saw at Quest- they'd have determined we were Godless heathens and forbidden you and Amy from ever seeing us again. :eek:

Well, I do remember the flow rider issue. What, exactly, did you do at Quest??:eek::eek:

I was in Boston yesterday. I needed my fix of city life. I like to show up every year for the feast of St. Joseph in the North End. It was a fun day.

Edited by Ocean Boy

We actually like to watch the Aqutheater shows from the "secret balconies" now...I hope to get back OA Or AL; but not sure when that will be! Have a wonderful cruise- almost time for final payment and booking shows...yeah!:D

I might just give the balcony view a try. Made our final payment two days ago. Still waiting for the shows to open for booking. Instead of a spreadsheet, I'm taking my iPad, with an app that let's me plan our activities, along with the time, deck number, and whether the location is FWD or AFT, and which side of the ship if it matters. The app includes beautifully detailed layouts of every deck that can be accessed by passengers, complete with stairs and elevators and restrooms. I don't plan to carry the iPad around with me, but my pre planning on it will make it easy to make paper notes before we leave the cabin. I can also make changes on the daily plans - all without Internet access (which I don't plan to use at all while onboard - unless one of us wins some free Internet time at the M&M.)

Well, I do remember the flow rider issue. What, exactly, did you do at Quest??:eek::eek:

I was in Boston yesterday. I needed my fix of city life. I like to show up every year for the feast of St. Joseph in the North End. It was a fun day.

LOL, yes OB, as I recall you were hoping for incriminating pictures;) Luckily for Randy, no incriminating pics of Quest either :p

We aren't in Boston right now; at our Maine home in the summer, but I hear it was a beautiful weekend, and the North End is one of my favorite places for a Saturday evening dinner and pastry after a day in town. Are you a "Mikes" or "Modern" guy? ;)

I might just give the balcony view a try. Made our final payment two days ago. Still waiting for the shows to open for booking. Instead of a spreadsheet, I'm taking my iPad, with an app that let's me plan our activities, along with the time, deck number, and whether the location is FWD or AFT, and which side of the ship if it matters. The app includes beautifully detailed layouts of every deck that can be accessed by passengers, complete with stairs and elevators and restrooms. I don't plan to carry the iPad around with me, but my pre planning on it will make it easy to make paper notes before we leave the cabin. I can also make changes on the daily plans - all without Internet access (which I don't plan to use at all while onboard - unless one of us wins some free Internet time at the M&M.)

What app are you using? Is that Trip It? I have it and really haven't started using using it. But I have been using File Browser to download all the "paper" , so I don't have a need for so much while traveling. But on cruises I do like a " hard copy" to carry around in my evening bag to consult after dinner and also I make hand written notes on it for my reviews later. In WDW last winter I used my spreadsheet on File Browser on my phone along with the Lines App and needed no paper at all in the parks- worked out great!

Ok. Just downloaded Lines App for Disney. Wow. Last WDW trip in 2009 I did all that routing and planning on paper. Now it's in an App for $12. We may be going to WDW in 2014.

Also looking at Trip It.

Once again Kathleen my travel guru helps me out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

What app are you using? Is that Trip It? I have it and really haven't started using using it. !

The app I have is called "Cruise Ship Mate". You can choose from a bunch of cruise lines, and pick the ship and date you'll be sailing. I got it for free when it was offered on "Apps Gone Free". If you haven't downloaded this site yet, I highly recommend it. Every day 6-8 different apps are offered for free. Some are for iPad, some for iPhone, and some for both. I just went to check what the regular price (if any) is, but I couldn't tell since I already have it. However, it offered me a free upgrade. So far the only difference I noticed is colorful pictures of the different ports, plus a shot of the Oasis on sea days. I think you can enter more than one cruise, then choose which one you want to view from the home page. The "spread sheet" for the various days already lists the cruise day, the date, and the port (or at sea). There is also a countdown to sail-away when you choose which cruise to view.

I don't know if you have to be connected to the Internet in order to set up your cruise info (ship, date, etc.), but I fiddled with it some when I was away from access one day, and I was able to change the info I had entered in the "spreadsheet". (See, I'm not only a parentheses nut, I also like to use a lot of quotation marks - LOL)

LOL, yes OB, as I recall you were hoping for incriminating pictures;) Luckily for Randy, no incriminating pics of Quest either :p

We aren't in Boston right now; at our Maine home in the summer, but I hear it was a beautiful weekend, and the North End is one of my favorite places for a Saturday evening dinner and pastry after a day in town. Are you a "Mikes" or "Modern" guy? ;)

I go for Mikes but many people have told me that Modern is better. Saturday evening the line for Mikes was ridiculous!:eek: One of my favorite places is Bova's. They have awesome calzones there. There used to be a few older Italian women that worked there and they always remembered me when I would show up. They are mostly gone now so going there is not quite the same. This Italian boy feels very at home in the North End.:)

I go for Mikes but many people have told me that Modern is better. Saturday evening the line for Mikes was ridiculous!:eek: One of my favorite places is Bova's. They have awesome calzones there. There used to be a few older Italian women that worked there and they always remembered me when I would show up. They are mostly gone now so going there is not quite the same. This Italian boy feels very at home in the North End.:)

:D Yes, the NE still retains some of its authenticity, but just last month a long time bakery had to close because of high rents...sigh:( Ill try Bova next time. I agree with " people" Modern is the way to go, but the lines are no better:rolleyes: but it's worth the wait:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:D Yes, the NE still retains some of its authenticity, but just last month a long time bakery had to close because of high rents...sigh:( Ill try Bova next time. I agree with " people" Modern is the way to go, but the lines are no better:rolleyes: but it's worth the wait:p

:cool::cool:The North End was actually an ethnic neighborhood 50 years ago when we'd hop on the subway from Dorchester for a basketball game against St leonard's or to roam the streets...butcher shops had freshly killed and skinned rabbits hanging for purchase.same for ducks and geese.lots of produce stands,etc...often times we had to leave in ahurry as the localItalian kids didn't want a bunch of Irish kids roaming their turf!!.It had it's own smells and uniqueness..now when i go ,all I see is restaurants and yuppies!!

I love your review. We are traveling in January 2014 on Oasis / Eastern itinerary. Can you please send your spreadsheet? I am trying to figure out when to book which shows. Thank you. lainie underscore josephson at yahoo dot com.

Just sent...let me know if you didn't get it! Have a wonderful cruise!!

:cool::cool:The North End was actually an ethnic neighborhood 50 years ago when we'd hop on the subway from Dorchester for a basketball game against St leonard's or to roam the streets...butcher shops had freshly killed and skinned rabbits hanging for purchase.same for ducks and geese.lots of produce stands,etc...often times we had to leave in ahurry as the localItalian kids didn't want a bunch of Irish kids roaming their turf!!.It had it's own smells and uniqueness..now when i go ,all I see is restaurants and yuppies!!

Lots of tourists and sports fans pre and post game (Bruins and Celtics)! One by one some of the shops are closing, the pastry shops and restaurants do well, and haymarket is around the corner on weekends for "expiring" produce at great prices. Its become much easier to access since the artery was depressed, the Greenway was added and so of course it's more popular, ergo, more expensive and harder for the little guys to stay in business...times change! Are you still in town Fred, or have you moved out to the 'burbs?

Lots of tourists and sports fans pre and post game (Bruins and Celtics)! One by one some of the shops are closing, the pastry shops and restaurants do well, and haymarket is around the corner on weekends for "expiring" produce at great prices. Its become much easier to access since the artery was depressed, the Greenway was added and so of course it's more popular, ergo, more expensive and harder for the little guys to stay in business...times change! Are you still in town Fred, or have you moved out to the 'burbs?

That is so true. Somehow, having to make your way under the old highway made it seem like the North End was far removed from the rest of the city. Times do change but change in the old neighborhood is not necessarily for the better. It needs to keep its flavor or it will just become another city section. :(

all of us jumped on expressway and headed south...we landed in Braintre where there are a lot of OFD residents

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I really LOVE your cruise reviews. My DH and I have gone on several cruises but I still thoroughly enjoying reading other reviews and especially seeing pics and videos of the cruises of others. Yours are great! Thank you so much for the details and pics!:)

I really LOVE your cruise reviews. My DH and I have gone on several cruises but I still thoroughly enjoying reading other reviews and especially seeing pics and videos of the cruises of others. Yours are great! Thank you so much for the details and pics!:)

Thank you for finding it and reading! Hope you have a great trip on Oasis on 2016!!

I've got an Azamara cruise coming up next mont- my first on this "sister" line of Royal, I can't wait to see how it compares! You can be sure I'll post a review! In the meantime, I'm still blogging regularly!

Have a wonderful cruise:D