Oasis LIVE (one month later!) Review

Courtney-

I know it was a brightly painted Norwegian ship...I recall it was the Sun?? It was actually the largest of the ships in Nassau with us, Majesty was the smallest.

Do they have on called Sun? I just remember a big sun painted on it and we were cruising with it for a few ports and I believe Nassau was one of them! It looked pretty new, I don't cruise NCL, but maybe Sun is one of their newer ones?

• 1 month later...
Thank you so very much for your review of the Oasis, as we are going in October:)!!!! Could you please send me a copy of your spreadsheet to, kdcohen6aolDOTcom? Thanks again!!

Kim

Major bummer:( I don't have my computer here at my summer home. I will be back in Sept, and will try to remember to send it to you then, but if you want to you could just make one before then by copying the categories in the photo onto an xcel spread sheet. All the stuff on the inside has to be customized for your trip anyway!

I'd really love to get that spread sheet up here as a useable doc, but haven't figured out how to do that so that other people could customize it. I think it would still be just a picture in the end:confused:

Hope you enjoy your trip...sorry i couldnt help more and thanks for your kind words!

• 4 weeks later...

Loved your review. I have a question about your balcony. I have never had a balcony, however yours looked very small. Are you saying there are even smaller ones? Does this ship have balcony cabins that would accommadate say 4 people, without going to a suite, or are all the balconies this small. Would I have to book a suite to get lounge chairs?

Loved your review. I have a question about your balcony. I have never had a balcony, however yours looked very small. Are you saying there are even smaller ones? Does this ship have balcony cabins that would accommadate say 4 people, without going to a suite, or are all the balconies this small. Would I have to book a suite to get lounge chairs?

Thanks! I enjoy writing them, but don't cruise enough to do them frequently;)

Sadly, yes...that's a D1 "extended" balcony (mislabeled on the website as smaller than the other D's when in fact it's about 80 sq feet rather than 53:rolleyes:). Try marking it out with masking tapeat home and you can see the size. We did entertain 4 easily on it, but it only comes with 2 regular chairs, no loungers. We used a pair of cheap sand chairs we bought in FLL and carried to the beaches too. There has been much debate about whether the room stewards will bring a lounger if you request, but mostly the answer seems to be no. We always put the sand chairs under the bed when not in use; never leaving anything " nonregulation" on the balcony for fire and blowing hazard reasons.

THe Jr suite balcony is a little bit wider and about the same depth, and I'm not sure if they have loungers either. I know the grand suites and above do have loungers, but you do pay a handsome premium for them. if you are just thinking drinks at sail away a D1 is plenty, but enjoying it on a sea day for sunning or a large family gathering probably isn't practical.

great review . Now I can't wait for our oasis cruise . Can u please forward me the excel spreadsheet. Am planning for the extended family as well and hopefully that can make it a lot easier. My emails mosman at eastcoast dot co dot za. Thx

Major bummer:( I don't have my computer here at my summer home. I will be back in Sept, and will try to remember to send it to you then, but if you want to you could just make one before then by copying the categories in the photo onto an xcel spread sheet. All the stuff on the inside has to be customized for your trip anyway!

I'd really love to get that spread sheet up here as a useable doc, but haven't figured out how to do that so that other people could customize it. I think it would still be just a picture in the end:confused:

Hope you enjoy your trip...sorry i couldnt help more and thanks for your kind words!

great review . Now I can't wait for our oasis cruise . Can u please forward me the excel spreadsheet. Am planning for the extended family as well and hopefully that can make it a lot easier. My emails. Thx

See my note above! I'm collecting emails and I will send it along when I get back...hope you are not leaving before Sept! RU in Zambia? I recognize that address from when we planned our trip there...the ZA. Wow! That's a long trip...I know cause I did it;)

Really enjoyed the review and pics. :)

It's funny though, I'm thinking this cruise just happened and you talk about your husband's birthday. I look at the date of the post and your cruise was a ways back! I guess the little one has really cut down on my CC time!

Really enjoyed the review and pics. :)

It's funny though, I'm thinking this cruise just happened and you talk about your husband's birthday. I look at the date of the post and your cruise was a ways back! I guess the little one has really cut down on my CC time!

LOL! Nope old one, just keeps coming back like a bad penny! How are you and the little Bionic boy doing? Any cruises on your horizons? We will cruise Allure in April...will have a complete review of that one too with DH s photos! But first, Galapagos on MONDAY, ( all packed and ready to go;)) then our 25 th anniversary cruise on Paul Gaugin to review :D

LOL! Nope old one, just keeps coming back like a bad penny! How are you and the little Bionic boy doing? Any cruises on your horizons? We will cruise Allure in April...will have a complete review of that one too with DH s photos! But first, Galapagos on MONDAY, ( all packed and ready to go;)) then our 25 th anniversary cruise on Paul Gaugin to review :D

Little one is doing good, just starting to finally sleep through the night (thank God).

We are headed out on the Freedom on September 16th

Have a great trip to the Galapagos. That just sounds awesome!

Little one is doing good, just starting to finally sleep through the night (thank God).

We are headed out on the Freedom on September 16th

Have a great trip to the Galapagos. That just sounds awesome!

Looking forward to your Freedom review...the only class I haven't sailed yet! Glad to hear he's sleeping, it all gets much better after that! We call it the "baby propaganda" stage because they are so cute and manageable that one thinks they can do this and it's easy (again;))..then they start moving:eek:

We were going to book a tour that takes you to snorkel then Honeymoon beach. After seeing your photo I'm considering just taking ferry to waterman island. Are there lounge chairs ,food A good place to spend the whole day.

We were going to book a tour that takes you to snorkel then Honeymoon beach. After seeing your photo I'm considering just taking ferry to waterman island. Are there lounge chairs ,food A good place to spend the whole day.

You certainly could take the ferry over, i know that the times when tours go, it is booked out for the tour, so you'll want to ask the captain about return times, just so you don't plan on a time and find out its only open for people on the tour and the next one is too late:eek: The ferry picked up our tour group at the pier at Crown Point ( near the water front restaurant) but I'm not sure if that's it's regular place or it just came there to get our tour group. There are some threads on CC, you can search them out ( Water Island) and get some specifics about where to meet the ferry from others who have done it independently. Another option- contact the Water Island Biking company and see of you could book their ferry independently and just stay at the beach instead of biking. They seem really on top of stuff there and if it's not prohibited by the cruise line ( and if they maybe dont know you are on the ship;)) they might be willing to include you in their ferry group. Just a thought.

Once off the ferry you walk up the hill and then there is a road to your right (pretty much the first and only one, and you can see the beach below you) and you'll walk a very steep paved road down to the beach. The whole thing cant be much further than a mile. The beach is very rustic with a pavilion with picnic tables, but no loungers for rent or anything like that. You'll sit on your towel or as we did, just float in the very calm warm water. There is food on offer there, and a bar, though we didn't try it and a rather rustic ( though flush) rest room. It's very old school Caribbean, so of that's what you are looking for it could be perfect for you ( and uncrowded) but if you want lots of infrastructure and service, this wouldn't be the place!

• 2 weeks later...

well thanks to kathys wonderful review on oasis my jan 28th 2012 was a success found my way around and glad the spreadsheet was available i will be on allure in 49 days not using a spreadsheet this time but did preplan my shows and excursions the rest will fall into place dont want a rigid schedule as long as my shows are booked all aels can be worked around

well thanks to kathys wonderful review on oasis my jan 28th 2012 was a success found my way around and glad the spreadsheet was available i will be on allure in 49 days not using a spreadsheet this time but did preplan my shows and excursions the rest will fall into place dont want a rigid schedule as long as my shows are booked all aels can be worked around

Thanks! Glad you had a great trip! I'm working on my Allure cruise now, so maybe you can post a review with some tips after yours! I do feel more like I'm going "home" though having sailed Oasis. I'm sure he second time will be more relaxed.;)