Oasis LIVE (one month later!) Review

Thanks for taking the time to put this review together. I really enjoyed the story about the flowrider :D

We will be on the Oasis in April and I'm thinking I will enjoy the flowrider much better from the viewing stands than on a board.

Thanks! Its actually a lot of fun to plan an hour to go up to the sports deck and watch the Flowrider and zip liners!

2 weeks away from my own personal oasis experience...cant wait

lucky you...and it's really starting to get cold here:eek: Have a great cruise!

Edited by Familygoboston

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the great review. It was so great that I spoiled and pasted it, yes all foot, into a word document, made a cover page and printed it out. I sent it to my father in law because he is beyond excited to go on this cruise!! It's a first for he and my mother in law who will be celebrating their 50 year anniversary in the boat! He told me that he has read the review a few times and loves the photos! We are all super excited for our Spring Break vacation!! So thank you again!!!

Thank you so much for the great review. It was so great that I spoiled and pasted it, yes all foot, into a word document, made a cover page and printed it out. I sent it to my father in law because he is beyond excited to go on this cruise!! It's a first for he and my mother in law who will be celebrating their 50 year anniversary in the boat! He told me that he has read the review a few times and loves the photos! We are all super excited for our Spring Break vacation!! So thank you again!!!

Oh you make me so happy! I do this too:o I had a whole word document full of other peoples reviews! I'm honored!

I hope ( and know you will) have a wonderful time with your in laws for their 50 th. We saw so many families celebrating, it is a great vacation for that..everything is there for everyone and the ship is so lovely! Have a great cruise and congratulations to your MIL and FIL!:D

Her father-in-law would be a lot more excited if you'd get those flowrider pictures out of the basement closet and post them.

No way...they are in the same place as the missing minutes from the Watergate tapes :p

I just reread this thread and realize you didn't say Wicked Awesome one time! :D

I didn't even use a single "wicked smaht"? I'm shocked;)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think I've read this review, but I'm going to read it (again?) over the next day or two to help me pass the time. :) It's great for PCA (pre-cruise anxiety). ;)

Well, it will definately discourage Flowrider usage:eek: I notice little differences in the photos, mostly different art work between the two ships, but not much else. 4 days...have a great trip!

Well, it will definately discourage Flowrider usage:eek: I notice little differences in the photos, mostly different art work between the two ships, but not much else. 4 days...have a great trip!

Lol hilarious! Exactly why I don't feel the need to.try the FlowRider with an audience!!

If you book a future cruise while.you're.on Allure and they forget to give you the friends and family certificates, then call c and a and have them send them to.you. they dix that for.us :)

Thanks.for.taking.g the time.to write this - loved it!

Oh, ha e a great Galapagos trip. A friend of.mi.e.went several years ago and found.it fascinating.

Lol hilarious! Exactly why I don't feel the need to.try the FlowRider with an audience!!

If you book a future cruise while.you're.on Allure and they forget to give you the friends and family certificates, then call c and a and have them send them to.you. they dix that for.us :)

Thanks.for.taking.g the time.to write this - loved it!

Oh, ha e a great Galapagos trip. A friend of.mi.e.went several years ago and found.it fascinating.

Thanks! Looking forward to Ecuador and the Galapagos...not sure where I can review this one...our ship isnt on CC:(

I read this last night, great review!!! Thanks for posting all the great info and wonderful pics!

Heather

Thanks! I love photos myself, will shamelessly look at anyone elses vacation photos:o

Edited by Familygoboston

I found this great review that was so interesting and funny I couldn't stop reading it!!! I should have been working on a paper for school!!! Thank you for taking so much time to write such a fabulous review. It made me laugh to the point of tears twice!!! You are obviously a light hearted and joyful person. I can't wait until I go on my next cruise in August. I had wrote the super mega ships off a while back because I thought they would just be overwhelming however, now I'm reconsidering... :D :p

I found this great review that was so interesting and funny I couldn't stop reading it!!! I should have been working on a paper for school!!! Thank you for taking so much time to write such a fabulous review. It made me laugh to the point of tears twice!!! You are obviously a light hearted and joyful person. I can't wait until I go on my next cruise in August. I had wrote the super mega ships off a while back because I thought they would just be overwhelming however, now I'm reconsidering... :D :p

Aw thanks, that's so kind!! I really thought I was the only one who lost time on CC. It's a like a little time warp..."hey, now, where did that hour go?"

I was super leery about the big ship, I really am not a crowds and lines person, so I was very pleasantly surprised!

Good luck with your paper!

Amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post it. I know how time consuming it really is to do that. Loved the photos! Your Flowrider story is hysterical! I would have been mortified, but you seemed to take it all in stride. Just another adventure!

We'll be on the Oasis in June and I've been taking notes throughout your review. We're also on Deck 10, but next to Dazzles. What exactly is that and do you think it will be a problem to have a cabin close to it? I didn't notice it when I booked.

Kudos to your husband on the beautiful photos! And thanks again!

We'll be on the Oasis in June and I've been taking notes throughout your review. We're also on Deck 10, but next to Dazzles. What exactly is that and do you think it will be a problem to have a cabin close to it? I didn't notice it when I booked.

Dazzles is one of the clubs. It's two decks, with entrances on decks 8 and 9. I don't think you'll have a problem, everything is pretty well insulated. The family dances were held in there in the early evening, the rest of the time it was easy listening music.

Keep in mind this was our experience on Allure, so I'm guessing that it will be pretty similar music on Oasis -- I'll let you know in April! ;)

Amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post it. I know how time consuming it really is to do that. Loved the photos! Your Flowrider story is hysterical! I would have been mortified, but you seemed to take it all in stride. Just another adventure!

Kudos to your husband on the beautiful photos! And thanks again!

Thanks ScrapHappy! We have a family motto: it's not an adventure will peril is involved;) Actually, we are great big wimps, but we had fun trying the flow rider. DH will go again with my DDs on Allure, but Im hanging up my err, bottoms:o.

It's not just the risk of "losing it again", but I have very fair skin, and I still have broken capillaries from the water pressure on the my thighs, and I'm too old to heal quickly anymore:(

You will have a fantastic time, I'm sure!

As for your room, I think Joan (below) is right, I found Oasis amazingly soundproof. Is your cabin an OV balcony or one of the interiors? It almost looks on the plans like they did not place interior cabins above where you'd get noise anyway. Dazzles is a nightclub, but it's on 8&9,so you would be above that.

Honestly, the ship is full every week, and no one has come back reporting that any cabins are loud ( like you hear on Radiance aft cabins on 7 above the disco) so I think they've done a really great job of minimizing that. We noticed that any of the OVB, don't have any sound or connection to the public areas at all! It's amazing, almost like you walk around the corner and say" oh...there's a whole promenade here, I never knew, couldn't hear a thing!"

Have a super crusie and hold onto your suit:eek:

Dazzles is one of the clubs. It's two decks, with entrances on decks 8 and 9. I don't think you'll have a problem, everything is pretty well insulated. The family dances were held in there in the early evening, the rest of the time it was easy listening music.

Keep in mind this was our experience on Allure, so I'm guessing that it will be pretty similar music on Oasis -- I'll let you know in April! ;)

Thanks, ladies! I'm relieved that I don't have to worry about the cabin and I can start worrying about the eating schedule and excursions! We booked a balcony....10298 I think.

I absolutely can't wait!

Oh Gosh... you are miles away from Dazzles, you'll need a charter flight to get there;) Just kiddin! You will love that location, very quiet and I found 10 handy to everything.

Ohmigosh familygoboston! It's so nice of you to share so much info for us future cruisers. I'm less than a month away, and my head is spinning from so much to do before I start packing. Thank goodness for computers and cut & paste. In scanning a few prior messages, I think I saw someone requesting spread sheets. I would be so grateful to receive them as well, rayandaurie@yahoo.com. Many thanks!!!