OK Couples....Who does the most planning?

packedandready

I (wife) do most of the planning,booking, budgeting. we decide together where we want to go, then I make a list of things to do in those places and he picks his must do's and I pick mine and go from there. But I am the one to book flights, hotels, make dining reservations, etc. We usually set a max budget for the trip and I set up a spreadsheet and add to it when I book something to keep us in line.

OH come up with the idea and books it, I then take the reference and plan everything! I even do his online check in! I panic before we go that everything isn't going to go right, that we have forgotten something. I get very OCD before we go. I have packing lists, hand luggage lists, final check lists before we walk out the door. It's pretty much stems from my job but I can't mention that on here or I get my wrist slapped :D

CK x

We cruise in 51 days...Not only s do I do all the planning for my family. Hubby and 2 adult kids who are excited to go but they leave every single detail up to me....but we are going with a group of friends (17 of them to be exact)...

Now keep in mind we cruise in 51 days, yesterday I got a text from one of my sons friends asking me again, what days will be gone he needs to put in for vacation!! OMG, I call raddle off the top of my head all the details reservation numbers, dates, times. etc etc. Im to excited not to know..

But in his defense he's never cruised before so he doesnt know all the fun and excitment that lies ahead of him..

I do 100% of the planning and packing. I've tried to get DH more involved to no avail, he is just not the planning type. One time I asked him to pack his own bag and when I went to go check what he'd packed, he had only packed underwear and t-shirts! Now that would have been an interesting trip had I not intervened - LOL! :)

Did you read my thoughts? I could have typed your post word-for-word, even the quote from your husband could have come out of my husband's mouth!

My husband's only contribution to the planning process is forwarding an e-mail list of available days for travel that his secretary prepares for him. Once I have everything planned and booked I send him "invitations" from my on-line calendar - he's then surprised to learn what new adventure he will be joining me on.

Me, the wife, I do all of the planning for all trips. Then, after we get home, my DH processes all of the photos and and writes comments on them based on the research I have previously collected and what we have both seen. I do all of the pre cruise work, and he does all of the post cruise work. It works out great for us!

I'm (DW) with those that do 99.999% of the planning. If it was left to my DH we would only go camping (he's a Scouter...) He is very good though when it comes to packing all the items on my lists and not needing too much luggage.

I am a planning junkie. From the time we first make our reservation until we are finally on board, I am constantly planning, checking, and re-checking every detail of the trip. The wife says I am obsessed, to which I reply "And your point is ...........what?"

I (DH) do the planning. I surprised my DW 26 years ago with a Cruise for our Honeymoon and it just defaulted to me after that. Normally I'm not a good organizer, but when it comes to travel, I become paranoid and have the spreadsheets and other paperwork in order.

Also, my work requires me to travel quite often so I'm pretty good at figuring out our travel options. However, I will say that for our upcoming trip on the Allure, it required much more planning effort than other cruises. Having to book shows and to avoid conflicts with non-published events (Love and Marriage and Quest) was a little stressful. However, once I'm on the ship, it's whatever happens happens!

I am a planning junkie. From the time we first make our reservation until we are finally on board, I am constantly planning, checking, and re-checking every detail of the trip. The wife says I am obsessed, to which I reply "And your point is ...........what?"

Hmmm, I really did not know that I had an identical twin or an alter ego i Minnesota:eek:

:D

I(wife) am the trip planner in our house and we vacation several times a year. It's my job to find the deals and plan all the activities. Lately I've also been the one to pack the car and drive to the airport(DH goes directly from the office).

Our cruise on the Allure was a gift from the in-laws and 11 of us went. My MIL booked through her travel agent and was perfectly happy just knowing what time the airport van was picking us all up. I was going crazy until she finally gave us our reservation #'s to do the online check in.

As with everything in our marriage and our lives, I THE WIFE/MOM, Tracey, plan everything, and the DH and DSs just show up, carry heavy stuff, and do what I say.:eek::D

If you ask them the day of the cruise where we are flying to, on what airline, or what ship we are sailing on, they would look at you like you were from another planet. They would know we were sailing RCCL, because that's all we sail. The 7 year old might know the word "Oasis" as it is written on his countdown calendar.

I can't imagine a trip planned by my dear husband, I love him, but yikes!!!:eek:

I saw the original post within thirty seconds of posting, before anybody had responded. I started to respond but changed my mind because I thought it would sound like criticism of my DH. Now I see that I needn't have worried :D

I also do 99%. DH carries the luggage to the car and drives (we live about ninety minutes from the ports). Then every morning he stands in front of the closet and asks me what I brought for him to wear.

I saw the original post within thirty seconds of posting, before anybody had responded. I started to respond but changed my mind because I thought it would sound like criticism of my DH. Now I see that I needn't have worried :D

I also do 99%. DH carries the luggage to the car and drives (we live about ninety minutes from the ports). Then every morning he stands in front of the closet and asks me what I brought for him to wear.

I do believe we might be married to the same person...:p

Archived