"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 7, 2012

Radio

Yeah Radio......the rest of the world anxiously awaits your 1st post from the ship!:D;)

Stand by. . .Unpacking Luggage. . . .First pics should be by 3. . .

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio!

I have always enjoyed reading your fantastic, detailed reporting as well as pictures of your past cruises.

Have a wonderful cruise and I wish you fair skies and calm seas. I can't wait to read your daily log and of course to see the phenomenal pictures!

My mom lives in Maryland so give her a wave! :D ;)

Stand by. . .Unpacking Luggage. . . .First pics should be by 3. . .

Radio

;);)

Sheesh...:eek::rolleyes: Minor details...(and..shhhh, i already saw a couple pix..heeheehee..)

BTW...have you seen my cat? can't find her....and her suitcase is gone! :p

Hello everyone ! I left my house today at about 10:30 for my short trip down to Cruise Maryland. Arriving by around 11Am was perfect for me because the traffic was light, and it only took 5 minutes to get through the security line.

Check-in took another 5 minutes, and then I was shown to the Passenger waiting area. My brother was already there, and we were called to board by 11:35AM. There were a few Travel Agents who boarded just before us. This is my brother first sailing on RCI, and he seems to be impressed so far. . .

I skipped past the Welcome Aboard Photo area, and we walked up the gangway just outside. I made it onboard by about 11:45. It might be the quickest Car to Boarding process I ever had. It was very fast and very easy. The Cruise Maryland agents are very friendly, and try to help with any questions you may have.

I dropped off a few things in the cabin, and proceeded to enjoy a nice lunch up at the Windjammer Café. There were few passengers there, and there were lots of table to be had. The Honey Stung chicken was very good. . .

I have muster drill in just a few moments, so here are a couple of pics from my arrival. I will try to get a few more up after sail away.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

My first glimpse of the beautiful Enchantment of the Seas

S1.JPG

When I arrived there was no traffic, and very few passengers had arrived

S3.JPG

There were only about 100 passengers waiting in the terminal

S5.JPG

There were no lines at check-in. . .Nice

S6.JPG

We are called for boarding at 11:35. . .we are almost there !

S7.JPG

Just a few passengers were up in the Windjammer

S8.JPG

=

Just a few more before Sail away. . . More pics later tonight.

Radio

It looks like we are in for a nice sunny day today. . .

S11.JPG

The pools look inviting, but I think I will wait a day or two.

S10.JPG

I don’t think we will see much swimming today . . .

S14.JPG

I am in a standard D1 Balcony Cabin on Deck 7 FWD (STB)

S16.JPG

A few Diamond Plus gifts are waiting for me in my cabin.

S15.JPG

Bon Voyage Radio!!!!!!!!

Thanks for taking me along! I haven't been on her since she became a balcony ship and i'm anxious to see her again!!!!!

Cheryl

Let me get this straight. This ship originally did not have any balconies?? How in the world did they make that conversion? How long ago did they do that? I'm intrigued!! May have to read more about that!!

Let me get this straight. This ship originally did not have any balconies?? How in the world did they make that conversion? How long ago did they do that? I'm intrigued!! May have to read more about that!!

I'm sure it was the Enchantment that they cut in half and added balconies. Then again, retirement has made my brain old and lazy, so maybe it was one of the other ships that had that surgery.

I'm sure Meg or Radio can set me straight!

Cheryl

I'm sure it was the Enchantment that they cut in half and added balconies. Then again, retirement has made my brain old and lazy, so maybe it was one of the other ships that had that surgery.

I'm sure Meg or Radio can set me straight!

Cheryl

LOL! The Enchantment had balconies before the surgery, but the cabins added during the stretch are balcony cabins. The Grandeur is what the Enchantment looked like before it was stretched.

Enchantment has always had balconies. They added more cabins (including balconies) during her stretch in 2005, but she always had balconies. All Vision class ships were built with balconies. The only ships currently in the Royal Caribbean fleet that weren't built with balconies are Monarch and Majesty.

Keep up the great posts, Radio!

Thanks for the correction!!!!!! I knew her "surgery" had something to do with balconies!!!!!!!

The mind is a terrible thing to lose!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

Radio,

I'm following your Live report ~ Thank you for sharing your cruises with us!

Marty

I'm tuned in Radio, and looking forward to your LIVE thread! I need this, as I'm pretty much stuck at home with a fractured ankle. Getting better every day though, and your Enchantment sailing will certainly help! (Loved my Grandeur inaugural cruise in '96). ;)

So glad I found your live posts! My parents are sailing with you this cruise so I will now look for them in your pictures! If you meet Moe and Diane in the concierge lounge tonight tell them their daughter said to behave!

Archived