"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 7, 2012

Radio

I think that is the EOS, but am not 100%. There were two different views, and I tried zooming on both to see if I could see the name of the ship but can't quite make it out. I'm going to think of this as a glass half full scenario - and assume we're looking at Radio's ship ;)

Monarch is ship sitting at docktop left of picture., Enchntment stopped about half way up channel. Didn't know they stopped there but it has been there about 5 minutes and show 0 speed.

Yes, ships using PC as a port of call stop there(southside--terminals 2,3,4) and Carnival Ecstasy and Victory(gambling boat) docks down that area as well.

Monarch is ship sitting at docktop left of picture., Enchntment stopped about half way up channel. Didn't know they stopped there but it has been there about 5 minutes and show 0 speed.

Looks like she is using Cruise Terminal 3 located in the channel. It is often used by visiting ships not home ported in Port Canaveral.

I am really enjoying your review. DH and I just got off the Pride yesterday (we saw a few ships pass us, you were probably on one of them, lol) and we will be sailing on the Enchantment for the first time next January. 9 day Caribbean cruise, so I am excited to see the pictures and hear all about your 9 day cruise. :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing some shots from the Kennedy Space Centre. The biggest "cruising regret" I have is not being able to visit the centre when we cruised out of Port Canaveral in 2009. Unfortunately work commitments and monetary constraints meant we arrived in Orlando at 10.45 the night before and left Orlando Airport at 1.15pm on the day we docked.

I didn't mind missing out on Disney, Universal et al, but really wanted to visit the space centre.

Some day we'll go back for a long weekend pre-cruise!

Hello everyone. . .we are safely docked in Port Canaveral. The Captain has cleared the ship at 10AM for all passengers to go ashore.

We are docked on the South Side of the Terminal at CT-3. This terminal is the home port that Carnival Ecstasy uses for sailing. I originally thought that we would be using CT-8 (Disney Terminal) Enchantment docked there twice in December.

That would have been between CT-10 (Monarch of the Seas) and CT-5 (Norwegian Jewel) I don’t think that the Canaveral Webcam will be able to see our ship as seems to point north up to CT10, CT8, and CT10.

The Jewel comes in today at noon, and I will have pics of her later.

I have a car rental scheduled soon, and I will be back to the ship around 6 to post a few more pics from today.

The sun is up strong, and it appears that the weather will remain in our favor for today.

Here are a few pics from our arrival. . .More pics later

Radio

We are greeted earlier today with a bright sunrise. . .

M19.JPG

The sun is very bright today as we approach Port Canaveral

M22.JPG

We can spot Monarch of the Seas as we approach the port with the Pilot onboard.

M21.JPG

We can see down the coast toward Cocoa beach as we approach the Jetty Park Pier at the entrance to Port Canaveral

M24.JPG

We approach the Pier slowly, as the port workers are ready to tie us up. . .

M25.JPG

We have docked at the pier, and we will be here until 10PM. . .It’s time to go ashore !

M26.JPG

Yes the Enchantment is docked at Terminal 3. Terminal 3 is the home dock for the Carnival Ecstacy when she is in port. I have seen Enchantment docked at Disney's dock last couple of times because Monarch is at 10, NCL was at Carnival Dock, and Esctacy was at T3.

I would think Terminal 3 is a better dock than Terminal 10 anyways because it is closer to Jetty Park, same strip as Fishlips and other restauraunts.

Thanks Radio for your "Live From". Welcome to Central Florida

Have a great day in Port Canaveral! You mentioned wanting to see some manatees-keep your eyes open when out on your balcony. Last time we were docked there we could see a manatee in shallow waters from our balcony which faced away from the dock.

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

Thanks so much for all the pictures! We sail Enchantment in 48 days! Twelve nights, different itinerary but same great ship!

I'm a recovering Starbuck's frappaccino addict.....I don't know how this is going to work!:eek:

Archived