"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 7, 2012

Radio

Love your posts & pics Radio! Can't wait to go on Enchantment next month especially thanks to you! Keep posted & sending those pics!

Just wondering if the couple team John and Katrina are still onboard directing. They were fantastic on our last cruise on Enchantment making sure we were never bored. And also wondering if they still have the overflow lounge (I think it overlooks the Viking Crown Lounge) for the Diamond/ Diamond +? We had a wonderful server named David who also made our cruise extra special. Wondering if he's still there too. Thanks a bunch for the info. :)

We went to Canaveral years ago.......and lost all those digital pictures when the computer hard drive went kaplooee. Now they are always on an external drive devoted to pictures and at least two other computers. Once burned.......

Great pictures of the Cape. We were there all day while in Florida on a land trip and saw the IMAX movies shot from space on a shuttle mission(s).

Thanks for all the posts today Radio!!!

I loved your pictures of the Space Center, i've never been there! Very interesting place!!

Enjoy Key West and the Margaritas at Jimmy Buffet's place!!!!!

Hope you are gently being rocked to sleep. One of the best parts of a cruise!!!!

Hi Cheryl...congrats on being a gramma again!

No room for a stow..sorry...if it makes you feel any better there is no group this year...it's Sue & Del and us....everyone else going in different directions.

Thank you for letting me know its a nice ship, so unsure this year....not Dan tho.

Thanks Pattie!!!!!!! Enjoy the cruise!!!!!

DD and I loved it so much we went on it 2 years in a row!!!!! Both times out of FTL to the Caribbean. It's a lovely ship and it isn't that small! Well maybe compared to the Oasis, but it made it easier to get around and we just liked her!!! I'm sure you will enjoy, but the champagne bar just won't be the same without me!!!!!!

Thanks again Radio for all the great reports! Hope your brother is feeling better!

Cheryl

Thanks Pattie!!!!!!! Enjoy the cruise!!!!!

DD and I loved it so much we went on it 2 years in a row!!!!! Both times out of FTL to the Caribbean. It's a lovely ship and it isn't that small! Well maybe compared to the Oasis, but it made it easier to get around and we just liked her!!! I'm sure you will enjoy, but the champagne bar just won't be the same without me!!!!!!

Thanks again Radio for all the great reports! Hope your brother is feeling better!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Are the cabins about the same size as on the Explorer? or are they smaller?

We always do a balcony cabin.

Patty

The Manatee Park is owned by the City of Cape Canaveral, and I have visited there often, and have only seen a few Manatees. I have seen several Manatees at Canaveral Locks or even in the port harbor right from the cruise Ship. . . They come out when they want to . . . Good luck. Thanks for the nice comments. . .;)

Radio

;);)

Great as always Radio! Is the Manatee Park over on Banana River Blvd across A1A from the beach? We bought a condo in Cape Canaveral, and I vaguely remember a Manatee Park over there someplace...same place?:confused:

Radio -- I just had to chuckle when you wrote that you would be "sleeping late.." ha ha -- from I recall of previous reviews...you were one of the few folks who up so early (like around 6:00 a.m.), and you were writing your reviews, drinking coffee on the deck all by yourself before the rest of the passengers woke up. So that's late to you...? 6:00 a.m.? :rolleyes: What time have you been waking up on this cruise?

Radio -- I just had to chuckle when you wrote that you would be "sleeping late.." ha ha -- from I recall of previous reviews...you were one of the few folks who up so early (like around 6:00 a.m.), and you were writing your reviews, drinking coffee on the deck all by yourself before the rest of the passengers woke up. So that's late to you...? 6:00 a.m.? :rolleyes: What time have you been waking up on this cruise?

hi cookiebox! :)

Radio must be sleeping in! Good for him! Should be us too! lol

:)

Hello everyone. . Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas. Good Morning. . . Last night we pulled away from the dock a little early. It appears that all passengers were back on the ship, so the Captain left at about 9:25PM.

We are on or way to Key West, and we are scheduled to arrive at 7AM. I am sure we will be able to have cell phone and data services by 6AM. We are currently about 20nmeast of West Palm Beach, and we can clearly see the condos on the beach, and in the distance we can see Fort Lauderdale. We are traveling slowly (10-11kts) through very calm seas today . . .I haven’t felt any swells, pitching, or rocking.

There are a few activities today for passengers, who enjoy cooking, swimming, and playing bingo. There is also another lecture series about the Bahamas and Key West. We have a Crown and Anchor “Welcome Back” party tonight, and I am sure there will be a lot of passengers in attendance.

I was able to “Print Screen” several images from the Port Canaveral Webcam as we pulled away last night. . . Some of the images are a little blurred, but you can get the idea that we headed west in the port to the turning basin and spun around and left for our next port. . .

The sun is up strong today, and I am sure that the pools, and jump zone will be very active today. The temps are warm, and they should be increasing throughout the day. There is no rain in the forecast, and that makes everyone happy !

Here are a few pics I took from last night (and a few Webcam pics). . .

More pics are in store for later today. . . Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Port Canaveral Webcam 1

NL23.JPG

Port Canaveral Webcam 2

NL24.JPG

Port Canaveral Webcam 3

NL25.JPG

Port Canaveral Webcam 4

NL26.JPG

Port Canaveral Webcam 5

NL29.JPG

Port Canaveral Webcam 6

NL31.JPG

Here are a few more from last night and this morning.

Radio

We pull away from the pier slowly. . .

TU8.JPG

We start to navigate to the turning basin

TU9.JPG

This morning we are pleased to see another wake up call from the sun

TU1.JPG

The port side balcony passengers will be delighted with the warm sun.

TU2.JPG

The seas are so calm for this trip. . .

TU3.JPG

There are just a few clouds in the sky, but they shouldn’t cause any worries.

TU7.JPG

>snip< And also wondering if they still have the overflow lounge (I think it overlooks the Viking Crown Lounge) for the Diamond/ Diamond +? We had a wonderful server named David who also made our cruise extra special. Wondering if he's still there too. Thanks a bunch for the info. :)

The Diamond event is held in the Viking Crown Lounge at the rear of the lounge. This area is also used as a Cigar Club after 10PM.

Radio

;);)

Beautiful pictures. The Boss and I are pleased you are having such smooth seas and nice weather. Hope you enjoyed sleeping in today. The Starbucks also thanks you for the extra time to get ready.

Thanks, MedicKen. . .I woke up at 5AM today. . .But the Internet connection was weak, so I had to wait a bit for my post.

All the water on the ship was turned off from 2AM to 6AM. . .so I couldn't get coffee either. . . :eek:

Oh the humanity. . .:o

I'm good to go now !

Radio

;);)

Archived