Back from Eurodam December 31 sailing

Alisamontreal

Just off Eurodam - will post detailed review later in the week.

Cruise was interesting - notwithstanding that I broke my arm on the HAL Grand Turk segway excursion, we left 5 people behind in St. Thomas and the ship had major GI outbreak....

I am posting for the woman who wanted a ceramic ms Eurodam magnet to replace her son's that broke. I purchased this for her, and need contact info to mail it. Please email me at allyg8r@hotmail.com.

So very sorry to hear about your mishap. We loved doing those segways in San Juan. I hope you can fill in the details and let us know how the medical issue was handled. And did you have insurance? Why do I feel this won't be a good review? It's easy for me to say that it's only a broken arm rather than something more serious because I'm in the cheap seats. I book 6 months to a year out and with all that anticipation I'd feel horrible if that happened to me. Maybe the only saving grace would be the pain medication along with happy hour. I'm sure this is ONE cruise and New Years you'll remember for a long time.

I'm so sorry! It sounds like a tough experience. Did you find medical help on Grand Turk, or did you get help on the ship? It sounds like a tough place to get help. I hope you aren't suffering too much. When you are able, I would love to hear more.

Best wishes for a sound recovery!

We were on your cruise too. Sorry to hear about your arm! It was certainly an interesting week - starting with the slightly late departure for the medical emergency to the GI trouble and the rough seas Wednesday night/Thursday morning. I am interested to hear your review and compare it to our thoughts.

Hope your arm heals fast!!

Cruise was interesting - notwithstanding that I broke my arm on the HAL Grand Turk segway excursion, we left 5 people behind in St. Thomas and the ship had major GI outbreak....

I am posting for the woman who wanted a ceramic ms Eurodam magnet to replace her son's that broke. I purchased this for her, and need contact info to mail it. Please email me at allyg8r@hotmail.com.

Oh my goodness - Yikes- so sorry about your arm!! Turst you are feeling better. Look forward to your review.

So sorry to hear about your arm! My husband and I took a Segway tour at Epcot last summer. It's definitely a lot harder then it looks.:eek: It was amazing that I came out unscathed, because I was NOT a fast learner!:o

I hope you managed to have some fun despite the arm and the Noro issues!

Sorry to hear about your broken arm:eek:

Looking foward to your next review.

We cruise the Eurodam 28 jan. so I hope you can give some information about the Norovirus onboard.

Any other information about the Eurodam is also very welcome.

Thanks.

Can't wait for your review. We sail on the 14th..so sorry about your arm....you were brave to try the segway!!! When the arm heals, you will always have the story to tell, but not sure it was worth the pain and inconvenience.

I am the woman with the magnet. I thank you so much. I am so sorry to hear of your injury. I did send you an email...

Sorry to hear about your arm. I do hope you are feeling better. How kind of you to post to help the other cc'er. That is indeed very kind of you

I am the woman she helped out - it was very, very nice of her to help me....

I'm so sorry to hear of your broken arm and other events on your cruise that seemed to be less than ideal.

Hope you are mending well and thank you for being such a good sport to still report to us despite your injury.

AND how nice of you to remember the magnet for the young boy. That was a very kind thing to do. :)

Hope your arm heals well and fast.

Sorry you broke your arm but I must say I am so impressed with you and the fact that in spite of all that - you thought of someone else and got the magnet for the boy. In this day and age, kindness is sometimes forgotten. This encourages me to PLAY IT FORWARD. Boy, just think what could happen if we all did that while on these wonderful cruises.

The five left behind in St. Thomas simply missed the boat as the old saying goes.

Indeed we had a Norovirus outbreak. For us that's the second time on New Years sailings with HAL.

We always have a good time on cruises. we refuse to let minor annoyences ruin things for us. Cruises are good.

Fortunately we did not get sick on either of the HAL cruises.

My review for this sailing:

The good: Embarkation went smothly as always. Food fair to good. We did not eat in the specialty restaurants expcept the Italian and that was so-so. It was also no charge. Service was outstanding. Entertainment: we only saw the juggler (for the third time, this guy gets around) and the Magician for the second time. Both are great only that we've seen them before. All ports of call were great, we only had some rain coming back from Trunk Bay, St.Johns.

I'll skip the bad and go right to the ugly. On the first day we mentioned to our cabin steward that the air conditioning was not working and that we had a horrible mold smell in the bathroom. The second day I went down to the pursers desk to complain and one of the pursers came up to the cabin 8034 to check things out for himself. He used a temp guage to determine that indeed the air was not working properly and he poked his head in the bathroom and said yep, phew it's a stinker. He said he'll get some people right on it. on Tuesday as we were sitting in our cabin a blast of cold air came from the vent and we jumped for joy, a man from enginnering came in a few minutes later checked the thermostat and said the damper had been closed. For the rest of the cruise the cold air blasted 24/7 the thermostat was useless now we were too cold but we felt it better than being to hot. Back to the mold smell. After another complaint at the pursers desk I was assured the problem would be fixed. The cabin steward just kept telling us he was pouring bleach down the drain. A third time I went to the desk and I guess they just got tired of seeing me and said the problem is fixed and if you have any more complaints just take it up with corporate HAL when you get home. I intend to do just that when a HAL represenative will be at the agency we booked with at the end of the month.

So goodbye HAL we hardly knew ya. We have no intention sailing with you again.

Thanks everyone.

My elbow is healing, but it's still painful and will take time. I only hope I end up with full mobility at the end...

I just emailed Bette re the magnet - hope to send it to you in the next couple of days. Was happy to help out.

Question for all of you - I'd like to send HAL corporate a letter about my experience, particularly about the dangers of the particular segway excursion I was on. It has only been operational for a few months, and according to the doctor at the local hospital, has already resulted in 3 traumatic arm injuries. The roads on Grand Turk are not safe for this type of transport, and I question the intelligence of HAL continuing this excursion....

Does anyone have contact information at HAL corporate where I can send such a letter?

Alisa,

You may just try their website for a corporate address or call their toll free number and ask for assistance in filing a complaint.

Fortunately for me I will have an opportunity to meet with a HAL sales rep on 28, Jan. to discuss our problems that we had on this sailing hoping a face to face will be somewhat more effective than a letter as I intend to give her a earful.

Archived