Carnival Spirit - What do you want to know?

I can see people are asking questions on the other thread. So to make my life easy..................what do you want to know?

If all the questions are kept here, I can print them off and take them with me when I fly out on 27 January :D That would be in 18 days time :p

And seeing as my free cruise is to report on the ship......I'll even let you read my review/report blog :D But you'll have to vote haha

OK hit me with the questions, and I'll do my best to find out the answers..........no question to large or to small or to difficult, after all, I'm a finalist in Australia's Best Cruise Reporter competition :p :p :p

Oh yeah, you won't have your answers until after 18 February......contest rules

Of course we'll vote for you Deb! :)

Okay, questions...hmmm...

What sort of Carnival branded goodies can you buy on board (ie. model ships, stubbie holders, etc)?

How do onboard activities compare to P&O Australia?

I'll think of some more and get back to you... ;)

We are traveling on the Spirit in Nov, excited beyond words, can't get enough of these forums for answers to the many questions!!! So, thanks Deb for being a trooper and for the detailed responses and reviews!

I understand Carnival are 'Australianising' a few things but would love to know if that means the services currently being offered on US based trips will come with the ship to Aus...

1) free room service

2) can we bring soft drink or water on board at any ports?

3) will camp carnival offer a similar format, session times etc ?

4) will The Serenity area be definitely adults only or can kids get accidental access?

5) will there be behind the fun excursions on board ?

6) how much will cocktails/beer approximately cost?

7) how much is a visit to the onboard doc?

...and all the above!!

Sorry to bombard, but there is a chance I'll add some more...!

Now, to finish reading your last review!

Thanks again, Deb! :)

I can see people are asking questions on the other thread. So to make my life easy..................what do you want to know?

If all the questions are kept here, I can print them off and take them with me when I fly out on 27 January :D That would be in 18 days time :p

And seeing as my free cruise is to report on the ship......I'll even let you read my review/report blog :D But you'll have to vote haha

OK hit me with the questions, and I'll do my best to find out the answers..........no question to large or to small or to difficult, after all, I'm a finalist in Australia's Best Cruise Reporter competition :p :p :p

Could please give the link to the competion you are a finalist in ??

We were on Carnival Spirit, Hawaii and Alaska. It was 2005, Australians and New Zealanders ONLY had to pay auto tips up front on top of their cruise fare and it was unable to be adjusted or taken off. Only Aussies/Kiwis mind you. Is Carnival still applying this travesty of justice?

Hi Deb,

Congrats on being a finalist.....wish I'd known about the comp, but oh well, I'll just have to suffer through the cruise from Hon-Syd, lol :)

Ok question/s

Will Aussies be able to purchase spirits to be delivered to cabins through Bon Voyage ? -(USA can by calling their BV department)

Will there be single supplement savings for Aus cruise's ?

Will there be beetroot on the burgers??....it isnt an Aussie burger without beetroot, lol

Will think of more and post again ;)

How do we get to vote?

Be my friend on Facebook :D Lots of clues in the original post.....try google :) I'll post a link to the review when it goes live which then won't contravene CC TA rules.

Great questions....keep them coming! No such thing as a dumb question......unless it's whether the lifts go from the front to the back of the ship :p

We were on Carnival Spirit, Hawaii and Alaska. It was 2005, Australians and New Zealanders ONLY had to pay auto tips up front on top of their cruise fare and it was unable to be adjusted or taken off. Only Aussies/Kiwis mind you. Is Carnival still applying this travesty of justice?

Depends - if you book through a US travel agent, US rules apply, so you get hit with auto tips. If it's a problem, just front up at guest services and ask for them to be removed. If you book through an Aus TA, no tipping for you!

Of course, this only counts while she's US based. No tipping once she home ports down here.

Cheers, Mal

And seeing as my free cruise is to report on the ship......I'll even let you read my review/report blog But you'll have to vote haha

OK hit me with the questions, and I'll do my best to find out the answers..........no question to large or to small or to difficult, after all, I'm a finalist in Australia's Best Cruise Reporter competition :p

Hey Deb,

Another vote here....

Do they have a mad 70s night like the one we just had.....should be compulsory on every cruise in my opinion!! :D Good luck Donna xx

Will people be able to see kangaroos and koala's as they cruise into Sydney harbour?:D:D

Congratulations Deb on your prize.:o:o

What are the kids clubs like?

Can you do cooking lessons onboard, and if so how much? Do they have a celebrity chef onboard?

Do they offer behind the scenes tours, and if so how much?

Can you dine with the captain?

Can you get some of the dinner menus?

How many formal nights?

Congratulations, Deb.

Trivia answers could come in handy!

Otherwise,

Are the trivia questions world questions, with an emphasis on Aussie/Kiwi

questions?

Is the dance floor big enough to really dance on?

How far can you walk around the ship (without going up and down)?

What news/current affairs channels do they show on TV?

Do they have guest speakers, who enhance the cruise with their presentations?

How modern are the movies?

What theatre shows are on offer?

What Aussie food and drink can we expect?

Did you have a good time? We don't want you to be all work and no play!

Archived