Oops... Week AFTER Thanksgiving

tiff123

I wanted to book a Thanksgiving cruise for my family (includes two boys 9 & 11).... Unfortunately with November 2012 having an extra week or something I picked the wrong week! The family is now totally excited for the cruise that leaves after the week of Thanksgiving and we are not interested in the itineraries/ships that leave the week of Thanksgiving.

Has anyone cruised with kids the week after Thanksgiving? Were there enough kids on the ship for your kids to have fun at the kids club?

***Please do not turn this into a discussion about whether kids should take time off of school for vacations.... I fully realize people have different opinions about this. ;)

We sailed this past year 2 weeks before thanksgiving and there were plenty of children. I was worried thinking there may not be any but it was great. I would say there were at least 15-20 kids per age group for the activities. Im sure there were many more onboard that is just what I counted when we signed my DD in and out of the kids camp. ON Carnival, RCCL, NCL there will always be kids of each age group on every sailing.

I wanted to book a Thanksgiving cruise for my family (includes two boys 9 & 11).... Unfortunately with November 2012 having an extra week or something I picked the wrong week!

What? November has 30 days no matter what year it is. Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday in Nov.

I would think very few children on this cruise.

What? November has 30 days no matter what year it is. Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday in Nov.

I would think very few children on this cruise.

Silly me, I was thinking Thanksgiving was the last Thursday of November... like it was last year and the year before...

Don't assume that there won't be any children. We are doing NCL Epic specifically because it leaves the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving. We want to spend Thanksgiving in Florida (haven't decided where yet). Then we will board Epic that weekend. :D

It makes a longer vacation for us because of my work schedule. We shut down for Thanksgiving. And then I am claiming my "week off" of scheduled PTO. So it is perfect for us.

We have always sailed the week after Thanksgiving! (we homeschool ;) and prefer not many kids on board). Both cruises were on Explorer and I always ask the total # of kids when we board, first cruise had 80 kids (out of 3200+ people) and second had 60 (compared to the prior sailings of 1,000 kids!) IMO it was perfect! Just a few kids in each age group so they got plenty of one on one attention from the staff. My kids LOVED it! I don't think they would've had as good of a time w/a full ship of kids. ;)

Archived