"LIVE" From the Allure of the Seas - 15 - 22 January 2012

Thanks for all the great info so far, Trainman. We'll be getting on board as you guys are getting off so take good care of her for me!!

I'm glad to hear Samba was good....I've heard mixed reviews but I'm still looking forward to it! :D

You might want to skip the Windjammer all week, try breakfast at Johnny Rockets, it's no charge and the food is made after you order it and it's hot.

Jimbo:) < wasn't impressed with the Windjammer at all

Are you kidding me johnny rockets better than the WJ ???? IP would not feed johnny rockets to my dogs.

Are you kidding me johnny rockets better than the WJ ???? IP would not feed johnny rockets to my dogs.

Breakfast. also no omlets in the windjammer on allure, but in Jr they are available.

Have you been on Allure?

Jimbo:)

Looking forward to your "LIVE" posts!

WJ on the Allure is too small and the food is so-so, with so many other options, skip it and explore some! You are right the roast beef sandwichs in the Park Cafe are wonderful as are the salads! We are there the first day and the lines were not that bad but the cafe is small with few tables so we ate outside on the many tables in Central Park. Looking forward to your many pics! HAVE FUN and be safe!

Monday - Day 2 - At Sea - Somewhere In The Caribbean

Good Morning Everyone,

I slept like a stone last night and am feeling much better this morning.

I have been down to the Cafe on the Royal Promenade already and am back in my cabin posting.

DSCN4265.jpg

I always being my own coffee cup shown below with the cute little "paddle" stirrers RCI provides.

DSCN4264.jpg

I met another CC'er who had brought giant cups from home and was carrying them around on the small tray that normally is under the Ice Buckets in the cabins.

DSCN4263.jpg

I was unable to find the TV Channel that shows us where we are and gives weather info this morning. All I know for sure is that it is dark, very windy, and a bit chilly outside. My door is properly latched but the wind is leaking through and moving the curtain around next to me.

Terrible News Everyone!

Judith and I have gone over to the "Dark Side"

We like the Roast Beef Sandwiches in the Park Cafe' so much that we skipped the Windjammer entirely for lunch!

DSCN4246.jpg

I had two and a bowl of Potato Leek Soup!

Judith had one and a fruit cup

Great choice. Don't forget to try the Doghouse. That was our first stop last April on the Allure. We did not eat in the Windjammer the whole cruise. Too many free food choices on the Allure.

I could not find the TV Channel that shows the ships location, course, speed, and weather radar.

I called Guest Services and pretty much learned that it does not exist. They referred me to a channel with the Captain talking about our location and pointing to a TV screen with the view that I am looking for.

Then I recalled that on the Oasis I was told that RCI used a new contractor to do this for the Oasis and the Allure and they never got it right.

I guess RCI gave up on it.

It just isn't anywhere on the TV.

I was waiting outside the door for the Windjammer to open when our friend Rev showed up so we had a nice breakfast together.

I made one of my favorite breakfast sandwiches with an English Muffin, Cream Cheese, Grape Jelly, and Sausage.

DSCN4272.jpg

DSCN4273.jpg

DSCN4274.jpg

We are sailing south east along the north coast of Cuba today on our way to Labadee.

You can see lots of white caps in the photos below. The temperature is supposed to get into the high 70's later today and the sun is driving off the scattered low clouds.

It should be a nice day but windy...

DSCN4275.jpg

DSCN4276.jpg

Great to see that you've met up with Rev again. She and Judith look great in the picture. Y'all have fun!

Jimbo......I'll back you up on the WJ. We avoid it at all costs! So many other great places to eat.

Exactly, It was like the Windjammer was an after thought. Skip it the entire week and you aren't missing much on that ship.

Jimbo:)

Archived