"LIVE" From the Allure of the Seas - 15 - 22 January 2012

Thanks for taking the time to do this. We will be going on her 11/11/2012. Wife does not know it yet. It's a surprise anniversary present in July. It's hard to keep a secret for 7 months.

Oh what a lucky wife you have! I have sometimes taken my husband to mystery trips and it indeed is very hard to keep a secret that long :D

Wonderful review, Trainman. LOOVE the food photos :p

A First for Me on an RCI Ship!

A young Mom & Dad changing their baby's diaper on the stairs near the elevator lobby only 30' or so from a Ladies Room with a Baby Changing Table.

Sorry about the photo quality but I shot it "on the fly"! The low quality serves to protect the identity of the parents and maintain a proper level of decorum here on CC.

DSCN4292.jpg

A young Mom & Dad changing their baby's diaper on the stairs near the elevator lobby only 30' or so from a Ladies Room with a Baby Changing Table.

Sorry about the photo quality but I shot it "on the fly"! The low quality serves to protect the identity of the parents and maintain a proper level of decorum here on CC.

DSCN4292.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

Our cabin is No 6662 on the starboard side. It is only 4 doors forward of the entrance to the aft elevator lobby.

Truly, about as good a location as you could ask for.

However, the cabin layout is "backwards" and we don't like it but here we are and we will live with it. The worst part is that the closet is so close to the bed that it is difficult go get into and out of it.

I have heard about these backward cabins and now I know to make sure I never book one again.

DSCN4293.jpg

DSCN4294.jpg

DSCN4292.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

DSCN4292.jpg

Yikes!! :eek: Another reason not to touch the railings!

Hi Jim & Judith!

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise!! I just told Radio that I was switching channels :)

I hope to see a picture of your infamous English muffin/sausage/cream cheese/jelly (I'm trying to remember the recipe!) combination!!!

Wishing smooth seas and sunny skies.

Debbie

I told my DH that I was following your (Trainman 2) LIVE thread this week.

DH: Who?

ME:You know the man whose e.muffin, cream cheese, sausage, grape jelly sandwich idea I used, yum!!!! :rolleyes:

DH: I thought that you just made that up!

ME: :D

Looking forward to your week- hope you enjoy yourselves!

I was waiting outside the door for the Windjammer to open when our friend Rev showed up so we had a nice breakfast together.

I made one of my favorite breakfast sandwiches with an English Muffin, Cream Cheese, Grape Jelly, and Sausage.

DSCN4272.jpg

DSCN4273.jpg

DSCN4274.jpg

Oh yeah baby, THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! YUM!!! FYI-this is my "cruising only" treats. Thanks for sharing it with us!:o

DSCN4292.jpg

:mad: Ewwwwww, gross! Unless they had "leaking" issues, I have no idea WHY they didn't wait. Yuck!!!!:confused:

I could not find the TV Channel that shows the ships location, course, speed, and weather radar.

I called Guest Services and pretty much learned that it does not exist. They referred me to a channel with the Captain talking about our location and pointing to a TV screen with the view that I am looking for.

Then I recalled that on the Oasis I was told that RCI used a new contractor to do this for the Oasis and the Allure and they never got it right.

I guess RCI gave up on it.

It just isn't anywhere on the TV.

that's one of my favorite channels no matter what ship I am on.

Archived