Royal Caribbean Complaint - Seeking Resolution

tgunth

Weddings are performed ashore. They do receptions on the ship, but never weddings.

Can you tell my GF that. Everytime she sees the chapel she starts talking about a wedding and she will see it again in a few months:eek:

For those of you who need paragraphs.... :D

YOU are a little bit of awesome. :)

You might want to check the RCL web site. Weddings are performed ashore. They do receptions on the ship, but never weddings.

There was a thread a few days ago about the dress code for wedding guests in the chapel. EDIT: And actually, you replied in it. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

You might want to check the RCL web site. Weddings are performed ashore. They do receptions on the ship, but never weddings.

The whole story sounds like a fairytale.

I was married in the skylight chapel on the Mariner....

Need some advice...On Jan 26, 2004, I got married on the beach while in port in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Let me say it turned out beautiful, and I will never forget that day. We sailed on the Enchantment of the Seas along with 20 friends and family......now for the not so good RCCL PR part. We booked our wedding through Royal Romance Weddings (RCCL wedding Dept) 8 months prior to departure and paid our $995 deposit for the wedding. We were told that we would be contacted about four weeks prior to departure to finalize plans and get our preferences on options they offered. Let me add that we had originally planned to get married on the ship (not the beach....as port stops were not guaranteed) and our wedding invitations reflect this onboard location. We were in full wedding planning mode as months later 20 reservations were secured and balances paid. In the months leading up to departure I had been in communication with their wedding Dept to ask general questions, then one day, about two months prior to departure I called their Dept again, but this time it was specific to my reservation. They could not find my reservation! On top of this, they didn't think they could accommodate my wedding as other weddings were now booked (after mine btw).....seriously....are you kidding me! They actually asked me to prove that I had paid my deposit! You could only imagine my stress....we and 20 other guests were expecting a wedding in only a matter of weeks! After escalating this situation, they said they could accommodate me, but the attitude I was given was that I should be thankful instead of upset! After many sleepless nights, I called them back and demanded my deposit back.....and yet again, unbelievably they gave me a hard time saying it was too late to cancel. I just about lost it. After escalating the situation again, they refunded my money. I booked with "A Wedding For You" who quickly took care of all the details to situate a wedding in Jamaica. My only worry was if we would be diverted from that port, but it was January, so I took the risk.....I didn't really have much of a choice. When I escalated the situation, I asked if they could give me anything for the chaos and stress that I was put through....they gave me a $100 voucher for a FUTURE sailing.....not my wedding cruise. Really, was this the best you could do? Now, fast forward to today....I just booked a 5-day western on Liberty and this will be our first cruise since our wedding as we have two little ones, ages 3 and 6....so all these years, I felt my kids were a bit young for a cruise. We are now ready, but I still feel a bit of resentment towards RCCL, but this ship had so much to offer for the little ones, that I just had to book this ship. I realize this was many years ago, (and the small voucher expired long ago), but I feel they owe me something....money off, shipboard credit, or preferrably a considerable upgrade (we booked an OV as I'm not holding my breath). This could have been a complete disaster.....at least I lost a ton of weight because of the stress.....a bride's dream. Interestingly enough, our upcoming cruise is to Ocho Rios....so I am so excited to show our kids where we got married! Any advice on who to contact for some resolution to this? Our cruise is April 9, 2012 so we are less than 90 days out. We are only on deck 2, and paying out the nose for that, but I will be happy with this anyway if I can't get anything better....it is a bit late in the game. If they can't recognize their mistake, I may just stick with Disney CL! Thanks, and sorry so long! Regardless of all this, we are still very happily married (8 yrs), have two beautiful children and are so blessed.

-Tammy

2004 really? I seriously doubt that anything will be accomplished. Do you honestly think that any cruiseline will comp you, upgrade you, etc. from that far back...K.O. Near philly:rolleyes:

You definitely deserved better treatment and, probably, better compensation at the time, not eight years later.

Even had you pursued this at the time, you would have been given a future cruise certificate with a monetary amount, specifically stating that it has to be applied within a given time (if memory serves me correctly, they give you about one full year). No compensation would have been valid to use eight years later.

I'm glad you're happily married with children -- that's the good side to this whole story.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Take the time to write a letter to senior management. Re-state as many of the facts as you can recall. Remind them you are now cruising again! And ask...nicely (obviously) and see what happens!

All you will be investing is an envelope, some time, some paper and a stamp.

if we're talking about taking advantage of the $100 credit, then it most definitely expired. even courtesy credits are only good for one year from original sail date. its prob even long gone from their system.

and if you're talking about seeking retribution for something that happened 8 years ago ... um, good luck with that. as awesome as RCI can be, they aren't THAT awesome...no one is. bottom line: if you were that unhappy the first time around, no one held a gun to your head to come back for more.

Accept that what happened in the past, is in the past. Don't rehash it and ruin another vacation. You will not receive anything additional. If you wanted more back then you should have fought for it back then by writing to management and such. Plus you didn't use what they did give you, when you got somthing.

Was it a rough situation... yes. Do most weddings have rough situations... yes. We just move on and focus on the good parts. Everyone has some horror story from their wedding.

Liberty of the Sea is a wonderful ship. I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did. I think that you need to go into this trip without expecting any compensation and just enjoy yourself and maybe you will be able to let go of all of your anger for what you went through back then. I think it is so beautiful that you are able to bring your childeren to where you got married. take lots of photos there. have a great cruise.

Have to go with everyone else...the time to really complain/request something came and went a long, long time ago.

I don't see why you'd reward RCCL by booking them again? Personally, that would have been the last nickel they received from me given the circumstances.

I can't think if one good reason I'd even look at their offerings if I were in your shoes.

In the months leading up to departure I had been in communication with their wedding Dept to ask general questions, then one day, about two months prior to departure I called their Dept again, but this time it was specific to my reservation. They could not find my reservation! On top of this, they didn't think they could accommodate my wedding as other weddings were now booked (after mine btw).....seriously....are you kidding me! They actually asked me to prove that I had paid my deposit! You could only imagine my stress....we and 20 other guests were expecting a wedding in only a matter of weeks! After escalating this situation, they said they could accommodate me, but the attitude I was given was that I should be thankful instead of upset! After many sleepless nights, I called them back and demanded my deposit back.....and yet again, unbelievably they gave me a hard time saying it was too late to cancel. I just about lost it. After escalating the situation again, they refunded my money. I booked with "A Wedding For You" who quickly took care of all the details to situate a wedding in Jamaica. My only worry was if we would be diverted from that port, but it was January, so I took the risk.....I didn't really have much of a choice. When I escalated the situation, I asked if they could give me anything for the chaos and stress that I was put through....they gave me a $100 voucher for a FUTURE sailing.....not my wedding cruise.

So let me get this straight... They offered to accommodate you and you declined and demanded your money back, which they gave back to you... You still got your wedding, and demanded even more from the cruise line and got a $100 voucher on a future sailing that you decided not to use... and now EIGHT YEARS LATER, you're trying to demand even more from the cruise line?

GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK. :mad:

This type of "THE WORLD OWES ME" mentality drives me up the wall. I'd understand it if RCCL wouldn't accommodate your wedding (and wasn't 8 years ago), but they offered to and YOU decided to walk away. They even offered you a $100 voucher. Again, YOU decided not to use it.

This is dust in the wind.

• Haha 1

Royal Caribbean uses an independent company to book cruise weddings, was this not the case back then? The Wedding Experience (at least now) handles all of the wedding stuff and to be honest, they suck. Not sure though how long they have been doing this.

I am sure though if you send a nice, detailed, letter to Royal Caribbean explaining how you were given a credit and how bad your experience was (also pointing out that back then they weren't using TWE if that was the case) they might do something for you, maybe.

I think you would be happier if you cruised with another cruise line. I think it's pretty clear that you won't enjoy yourself unless the cruise line gives you something.

I agree with everyone else that too much time has past but you are still living in the past. You have a family now, time to enjoy them!

Did anyone notice that this was the only posts and she just joined? I am going MMMMMM?????? Something just not adding up here. Because I could not help but notice that she said she booked again but is still so negitive about RCCI; just did not add up for me.

JMHO - If I was that upset with RCCI why on earth would I ever book with them again? If I hired someone to cater an event for me and the food was awful or they did not show not only would I never book with them again I would be telling everyone I know how bad they were. Same thing, why would you honestly try again with that bad of feelings?

:confused:

I called their Dept again, but this time it was specific to my reservation. They could not find my reservation!

The lesson I take away from this is, always save letters, emails, etc. concerning reservations -- especially those that contain confirmation numbers.

For those of you who need paragraphs.... :D

Thank you; that was very helpful! :)

YOU are a little bit of awesome. :)

I fully agree!

Did anyone notice that this was the only posts and she just joined? I am going MMMMMM?????? Something just not adding up here. :confused:

I don't really see this as a red flag. All of us "just joined" sometime. All of us had a first post. I would assume that booking this new cruise jogged the memories of the previous debacle, and she decided to sign up so she could post and obtain advice.