"Spring Clearance" brochure

kywildcatfanone

I had to chuckle, Princess had a "Spring Clearance" promotion that ran January 19-23 on some cruises in the Caribbean, and maybe more I didn't look at it that closely although I saw it online on Friday and it was a good enough deal that I booked our upcoming cruise.

Today in the mail I got a brochure/mailer about it, the only problem is it expired yesterday.:rolleyes: Made me laugh.....

Mike

The clearance sale, at least for our sailing - 4/7 Crown Princess - was the same price as the cabins have been for the past couple of weeks, but included a (teeny tiny $!) OBC. Still got a better deal by booking with my agent and getting a 10% fare OBC.

The clearance sale, at least for our sailing - 4/7 Crown Princess - was the same price as the cabins have been for the past couple of weeks, but included a (teeny tiny $!) OBC. Still got a better deal by booking with my agent and getting a 10% fare OBC.

A little off-topic, but where do people find these agents? I have talked to several, and none offered my anything like your 10% OBC deal. Is there a particular company I should try? Or is it just that I am far from the sea [Cincy] and maybe the TA's here are not as cruise oriented?

So far all my booking have been through the lines.

Doug

A little off-topic, but where do people find these agents? I have talked to several, and none offered my anything like your 10% OBC deal. Is there a particular company I should try? Or is it just that I am far from the sea [Cincy] and maybe the TA's here are not as cruise oriented?

So far all my booking have been through the lines.

Doug

It helps to find a TA that specializes in cruise bookings. Also, it helps to remember that normally when people talk about getting thousands of dollars off cruise prices from a TA they are booking the most expensive cabin categories.

However, we always book inside cabins and our TA usually gives us a bit off the price and OBC so it does average out to be around 10% off the princess price online.

Mike

Yeah - my obc isn't in the thousands of $$$'s, it's based on the *cruise fare* so ends up being $300 for our balcony and 2 inside cabins. Pays cabin gratuities, anyway! The agency used to discount a bit from published fares and still offer obc but after Princess stopped allowing discounting now just offers obc. I think the fare is a little higher because of the "no discounts" policy.

As far as where to find an agency, it's hard, because cruise critic doesn't allow recommendations. I think I found mine after visiting a website that lets

cruise travel agents

compete for your business.

Had to do that after the best agent ever passed away several years ago. Many people on the boards used her. Her agency is still being operated by her sister and a friend, but rates are higher and the service just isn't the same. :-( a

I had to chuckle, Princess had a "Spring Clearance" promotion that ran January 19-23 on some cruises in the Caribbean,

Today in the mail I got a brochure/mailer about it, the only problem is it expired yesterday.:rolleyes: Made me laugh.....

We just received our brochure today (1/25)... Unfortunately, (and I'm not being rude to you, Mike), it didn't make me laugh. DW was looking for some kind of "Springtime" deal and this would have worked out well. Brochure wa supposed to be delivered 1/17 - 1/19.... thank you U.S.Postal Service:(

Joe

We just received our brochure today (1/25)... Unfortunately, (and I'm not being rude to you, Mike), it didn't make me laugh. DW was looking for some kind of "Springtime" deal and this would have worked out well. Brochure wa supposed to be delivered 1/17 - 1/19.... thank you U.S.Postal Service:(

Joe

Joe,

I completely understand. The reason I could laugh about it was I had seen th promotion online and booked, then got the brochure after it expired. In your situation I can understand.

I suspect if you keep an eye on things, you will see more sales coming. I actually hesitated a bit about going ahead and booking because that particular sailing had a fair amount of availability and I wonder if it will go lower, but in the end we had our flight already booked so I couldn't wait...

Mike

I did a google search and there is an article about it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/costa-concordia-cruises-american-express-offer-immerse-yourself/2012/01/25/gIQAnntJQQ_blog.html

It was AMEX and featured Costa Fascinosa on the cover but inside does cover Costa Concordia. My friend remembered the amount wrong (she didn't have it in front of her when I was talking to her)....

Archived