Singapore Embarkation - Diamond Princess

joll

Our itinerary on the Princess Cruise Personaliser is showing embarkation at Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre, Hall C, 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore.

I'm assuming that this is the meeting/registration point and then we will be transported en masse to the Ship which I believe will be at the Container Port.

If anyone has recently been on a Princess cruise and had the embarkation point at the Marina Sands, could they please explain the full embarkation procedure.

Thank you

Hi, We too are embarking from Singapore. The Diamond Princess on the 15th of April. Is this the same cruise? We have not received our tickets etc as yet. Is this normal? Will keep an eye on your post to see replies with great interest. Thanks Russell

Our itinerary on the Princess Cruise Personaliser is showing embarkation at Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre, Hall C, 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore.

I'm assuming that this is the meeting/registration point and then we will be transported en masse to the Ship which I believe will be at the Container Port.

If anyone has recently been on a Princess cruise and had the embarkation point at the Marina Sands, could they please explain the full embarkation procedure.

Thank you

Hi We were on the Diamond at the end of November and embarkation was at Marina Bay Sands. You do most of the checkin there and then they bus you to the container terminal. It did take some time, but was well organised. I would say it probably took us 2 hours from arriving at Marina Bay Sands to being in our stateroom. Anything else you would like to know, just ask.

Hi, We too are embarking from Singapore. The Diamond Princess on the 15th of April. Is this the same cruise? We have not received our tickets etc as yet. Is this normal? Will keep an eye on your post to see replies with great interest. Thanks Russell

Princess does not send tickets...You do everything online. Jut print out what you will need - boarding pass, airline schedule. EM

If you are on the April 15, 2012 cruise come over to the Roll Call that is set up for this cruise. There's lots of information that you may find helpful.

Hopefully this link works.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32124630#post32124630

We just checked our Personalizer for embarkation on the March 14th Diamond Princess Cruise and it states:

SINGAPORE

FORMULA 1 PIT BUILDING

1 REPUBLIC BOULEVARD

SINGAPORE

Has anyone departed from this location?

P&J

We departed from here Spring 2011. It's not hard to get to and the cabbies all know where it is. Can't remember the cost for the cab but it wasn't expensive.

Lots of people there to assist you. Only difficulty we found was there seemed to be a bit of confusion about where platinum and elite checked in. We just kept asking questions and got pointed in the right direction relatively quickly and onto a bus in fairly short order. It's a bit of a drive out to the container port but we were on board in about an hour. All in all fairly painless.

To summarize, we arrived at the Formula 1 building just before noon and were aboard by about 1:30. We left a case of wine with the porters at the terminal and it made it to the cabin before we did so all's well that ends well. :D

This is confusing unless Princess has more than one place to check people in before busing to the pier. On the Princess web site under My Personalizer itinerary section it show Marina Sands Bay Convention Center. When I called Princess several weeks ago, they gave me the same information. for checking in. Guess everyone needs to check their own My Personalizer to get their exact check in location.

This is confusing unless Princess has more than one place to check people in before busing to the pier. On the Princess web site under My Personalizer itinerary section it show Marina Sands Bay Convention Center. When I called Princess several weeks ago, they gave me the same information. for checking in. Guess everyone needs to check their own My Personalizer to get their exact check in location.

Check in can easily be held at different venues depending on the sail date for your cruise. Go with the information Princess has provided you in the cruise personalizer section of the website.

Check in can easily be held at different venues depending on the sail date for your cruise. Go with the information Princess has provided you in the cruise personalizer section of the website.

We are on the Diamond Princess sailing out of Singapore on 15 April 2012. Just noticed that Roses 2 is on an earlier Diamond Princess cruise.:o

We just checked our Personalizer for embarkation on the March 14th Diamond Princess Cruise and it states:

SINGAPORE

FORMULA 1 PIT BUILDING

1 REPUBLIC BOULEVARD

SINGAPORE

P&J

We are on the March 14th sailing too and have the same information about the Formula 1 Pit Building in our cruise personalizer.

Guest zafra63

SINGAPORE

FORMULA 1 PIT BUILDING

1 REPUBLIC BOULEVARD

SINGAPORE

P&J

Diamond Princess 5 Dec 2010 was showing like yours. That was only a meeting point and we were transported to the container port. But in our case, this was due to the Grand Prix that was on at that time. Enjoy your cruise.

We departed from here Spring 2011. It's not hard to get to and the cabbies all know where it is. Can't remember the cost for the cab but it wasn't expensive.

Lots of people there to assist you. Only difficulty we found was there seemed to be a bit of confusion about where platinum and elite checked in. We just kept asking questions and got pointed in the right direction relatively quickly and onto a bus in fairly short order. It's a bit of a drive out to the container port but we were on board in about an hour. All in all fairly painless.

To summarize, we arrived at the Formula 1 building just before noon and were aboard by about 1:30. We left a case of wine with the porters at the terminal and it made it to the cabin before we did so all's well that ends well. :D

I sure hope you come back and check this thread :). We are also on the 3/14/12 sailing and are interested in where you bought your wine in Singapore.

Thanks,

Kay

I sure hope you come back and check this thread :). We are also on the 3/14/12 sailing and are interested in where you bought your wine in Singapore.

Thanks,

Kay

Hi,

We bought wine at the Carrefour store on Orchard Road. Good selection at reasonable prices. Helpful people, they boxed it for us in two cardboard carry-ons, 6 bottles apiece. At check-in we taped them together and attached a luggage tag in a plastic cover. As I said, the wine was in our cabin before we were.

We also found wine at a little wine store in Nha Trang. Can't remember exactly where but our tour guide seemed quite familiar with it. Had a reasonable selection of boxed Australian wines. Also the duty free at the Tianjin cruise terminal has quite a large selection at fair prices. There is also a market opposite the railroad station in Vladivostok with a big selection at good prices. The wine flights in the Wakeview Bar on the Diamond are also a good deal. All this talk about wine - it's time to have a glass. Cheers!

Hi,

We bought wine at the Carrefour store on Orchard Road. Good selection at reasonable prices. Helpful people, they boxed it for us in two cardboard carry-ons, 6 bottles apiece. At check-in we taped them together and attached a luggage tag in a plastic cover. As I said, the wine was in our cabin before we were.

We also found wine at a little wine store in Nha Trang. Can't remember exactly where but our tour guide seemed quite familiar with it. Had a reasonable selection of boxed Australian wines. Also the duty free at the Tianjin cruise terminal has quite a large selection at fair prices. There is also a market opposite the railroad station in Vladivostok with a big selection at good prices. The wine flights in the Wakeview Bar on the Diamond are also a good deal. All this talk about wine - it's time to have a glass. Cheers!

WOW! Thanks for all the helpful information -- we will definitely be visiting the Carrefour pre-cruise :D. I'm toasting you right now with a gin & tonic, but will be switching to vino when we sit down to dinner. ;)

Kay

We are on the March 14th sailing too and have the same information about the Formula 1 Pit Building in our cruise personalizer.

Any body knows where is the embarkation of princess diamond in Singapore March 14, 2012 I heard two places Singapore cruise center and the other place is 1 Formula pit bldg. which one is correct anybody knows it.

Rebie

Any body knows where is the embarkation of princess diamond in Singapore March 14, 2012 I heard two places Singapore cruise center and the other place is 1 Formula pit bldg. which one is correct anybody knows it.

Rebie

If it does not say in your personalizer, call Princess and ask.

(In the personalizer look at the embarkation day information in the "view itinerary")

We are on the March 14 sailing and have been told to go to the Formula 1 place.

I also been told also to go to 1 Formula pit bldg, but they change that today to Singapore cruise center. Check your cruise personalizer.

My cruise personalizer NOW says the Singapore Cruise Center for the March 14th sailing of the Diamond.

Archived