25$ bottle of wine

cruisercrazy69

I don't recall a wine on the menu for $25 a few were slightly under $30 plus the required 15% would take anything over the $30 mark. Perhaps your TA has some special arrangement and gets a discount.

If it gets delivered to your cabin and it is a wine available on the menu I would fully expect you could exchange it. If your TA provides it as an onboard credit I think you could spend it on anything including towards the purchase of a bottle.

Hi CruiserCrazy69,

As stated by the others you will MOST LIKELY be able to do an exchange for an upgrade, or use the credit to buy a more expensive bottle.

For more info here is the highlighted section from Celebrity’s current Alcoholic Beverages Policy on how actual “bottles” of gifted wines are treated…

Paragraph 4 from the Celebrity Alcoholic Beverages Policy…

== snip ==

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor aboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) standard size (750 ml or smaller) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $ 25.00. If a guest receives a bottle of wine (in their stateroom) from a family member or friend, and that bottle(s) was purchased from our Bon Voyage Gift Selection, then no corkage fee will apply if they wish to consume the bottle in the dining room or any other public area. If a guest receives a bottle from an outside vendor and / or Travel Agent, and the bottle was not purchased through our Bon Voyage Selection, then a $ 25.00 corkage fee per bottle will apply if they wish to consume the wine in the dining room or any other public area. The fee will be applied to the guest’s onboard account.

== end ==

*NOTE - There are in total now 7 Paragraphs in the Celebrity Alcoholic Policy. I have cut & pasted above those that apply to Corkage Fees … The other paragraphs of the Policy cover the Age of Majority aboard Celebrity Ships (Para 1, 2 and 3) – Bringing Alcohol Aboard in Ports of Call (Para 5) – Violation of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy (Para 6) – and the final paragraph of the Policy covers the fact that all rulings by Celebrity are final and Celebrity has the right to revoke or restrict “drinking privileges” of any guest at any time.

--- --- ---

First off, there is no shortage of wine on Celebrity Cruises (believe I read they have the largest collection at sea)… so you should have no trouble finding something to drink that fits your taste buds and your budget… be it by the bottle, half-bottle, glass or in some spots by the carafe (Oceanview Café Bar).

The nice thing about buying in smaller quantities (or using the Beverage Packages) that we found was being able to match our wines to our food… so perhaps a Sparkling or some light White to start, and then a Red for the main course. The Sommeliers that we encountered were quite knowledgeable (and we are wine hobbyists) and there was ALWAYS something worthwhile to be enjoyed by the glass we found (a fear that we did have a bit when we purchased the Beverage Package). And the Sommeliers were not shy in keeping our glasses topped up… they just swiped your card from time to time as needed.

I have a complete copy of Celebrity’s 2012 Wine List (and currently transcribing it to post here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD) … thanks to Igor the Maitre D' for the Grand Epernay MDR on the Solstice, and the Amir the Ship's Head Sommelier... so I can assure you that there are wines available in your price range.

A quick look and I can provide you with the names of those bottles that are listed at $ 25 or less (as mentioned there will be a 15% surcharge ADDED to Quoted Prices onboard to cover the Tip amount)

The bulk of the wine list we found were in the $ 25 to $ 40 and $ 41 to $ 60 ranges... so there is a TON of good wine to pick from for most wine lovers (lol, there are of course incredible wines available that go up into the three and four digits as well... Maybe someday when I win the Lotto !!)

I was told that Wine Lists may differ slightly from venue to venue, but most of the wines listed should be available across the entire Celebrity Fleet… the lists I have in hand came off the Solstice, so I can tell you where they are available onboard that ship…

MAIN DINING ROOM - CELEBRITY SOLSTICE GRAND EPERNAY

$ 25 (363) – Tamas Estates, PINOT GRIGIO, Central Coast, California, USA

$ 25 (321) – Chateau ste Michelle, RIESLING, Dry, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

$ 25 (419) – Cepas Y Bodegas, VERDEJO, “Vinalcasta”, Ruenda, Castilla Y Leon, Spain

$ 25 (409) – Jean-Luc Colombo, VIOGNIER, “La Violette”, Languedoc, France

$ 25 (167) – Man Vintners, CHARDONNAY, Coastal Region, South Africa

$ 25 (433) – Chakana, MALBEC ROSE, “Yaguarete Collection”, Mendoza, Argentina

$ 25 (434) – Torres, ROSADO, Catalunya, “Sangre de Toro de Casta”, Catalonia, Spain

$ 24 (423) – Beringer, WHITE ZINFADEL, California, USA

$ 25 (862) – Gerard Bertrand, SYRAH / CARGNAN, Minervois, Languedoc, France

$ 21 (1100) – NON ALCOHOLIC Fre by Sutter Home, SPARKLING, Brut, California, USA

$ 21 (1101) – NON ALCOHOLIC Fre by Sutter Home, CHARDONNAY, California, USA

$ 21 (1102) – NON ALCOHOLIC Fre by Sutter Home, PREMIUM RED, California, USA

$ 21 (1103) – NON ALCOHOLIC Fre by Sutter Home, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

$ 19 (1227) – HALF BOTTLE Ferrari, SPARKLING, BRUT, Trento, Italy

$ 17 (1406) – HALF BOTTLE Marques de Gelida, CAVA, BRUT, Catalonia, Spain

$ 16 (1400) - HALF BOTTLE La Cana Bodgas, ALBARINO, Rais Baixas, Spain

$ 17 (1420) – HALF BOTTLE Dry Creek, SAUVIGNON BLANC, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 15 (1222) – HALF BOTTLE La Crema, CHARDONNAY, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 24 (1410) – HALF BOTTLE Louis Jadot, POUILLY-FUSSIE, Burgundy, France

$ 21 (1419) – HALF BOTTLE Tenuta Nozzle, CHIANTI CLASSICO, Tuscany, Italy

$ 23 (1412) – HALF BOTTLE Kenwood, MERLOT, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 23 (1422) – HALF BOTTLE Alexander Valley Vineyards, SYRAH, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 23 (1418) – HALF BOTTLE Antinori, TOSCANA, “Villa Antinori”, Tuscany, Italy

$ 16 (1423) – HALF BOTTLE Sierra Cantabria, TEMPRANILLO, Crianza, Rioja, Spain

$ 23 (1424) – HALF BOTTLE Bodega Muga, TEMPRANILLO, Unfiltered, Rioja, Spain

$ 15 (1229) – HALF BOTTLE Kendall Jackson, CABERNET SAUVINGNON, “Vintner’s Reserve”, California, USA

$ 23 (1404) – HALF BOTTLE Rutherford Ranch, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Rutherford, Napa, California, USA

BLU DINING ROOM

$ 25 (363) – Tamas Estates, PINOT GRIGIO, Central Coast, California, USA

$ 25 (321) – Chateau ste Michelle, RIESLING, Dry, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

$ 25 (409) – Jean-Luc Colombo, VIOGNIER, “La Violette”, Languedoc, France

$ 25 (216) – Zolo, CHARDONNAY, Unoaked, Mendoza, Argentina

$ 25 (167) – Man Vintners, CHARDONNAY, Coastal Region, South Africa

$ 25 (434) – Torres, ROSADO, Catalunya, “Sangre de Toro de Casta”, Catalonia, Spain

$ 24 (423) – Beringer, WHITE ZINFADEL, California, USA

$ 25 (914) – Santa Cristina, SANGIOVESE, Antinori, Tuscany, Italy

$ 25 (862) – Gerard Bertrand, SYRAH / CARGNAN, Minervois, Languedoc, France

$ 21 (1100) – NON ALCOHOLIC Fre by Sutter Home, SPARKLING, Brut, California, USA

$ 21 (1101) – NON ALCOHOLIC Fre by Sutter Home, CHARDONNAY, California, USA

$ 21 (1102) – NON ALCOHOLIC Fre by Sutter Home, PREMIUM RED, California, USA

$ 21 (1103) – NON ALCOHOLIC Fre by Sutter Home, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

$ 19 (1227) – HALF BOTTLE Ferrari, SPARKLING, BRUT, Trento, Italy

$ 17 (1406) – HALF BOTTLE Marques de Gelida, CAVA, BRUT, Catalonia, Spain

$ 16 (1400) - HALF BOTTLE La Cana Bodgas, ALBARINO, Rais Baixas, Spain

$ 17 (1420) – HALF BOTTLE Dry Creek, SAUVIGNON BLANC, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 15 (1222) – HALF BOTTLE La Crema, CHARDONNAY, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 24 (1410) – HALF BOTTLE Louis Jadot, POUILLY-FUSSIE, Burgundy, France

$ 21 (1419) – HALF BOTTLE Tenuta Nozzle, CHIANTI CLASSICO, Tuscany, Italy

$ 23 (1412) – HALF BOTTLE Kenwood, MERLOT, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 23 (1422) – HALF BOTTLE Alexander Valley Vineyards, SYRAH, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 23 (1418) – HALF BOTTLE Antinori, TOSCANA, “Villa Antinori”, Tuscany, Italy

$ 16 (1423) – HALF BOTTLE Sierra Cantabria, TEMPRANILLO, Crianza, Rioja, Spain

$ 23 (1424) – HALF BOTTLE Bodega Muga, TEMPRANILLO, Unfiltered, Rioja, Spain

$ 15 (1229) – HALF BOTTLE Kendall Jackson, CABERNET SAUVINGNON, “Vintner’s Reserve”, California, USA

$ 23 (1404) – HALF BOTTLE Rutherford Ranch, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Rutherford, Napa, California, USA

*NOTE - The Wine List for Blu is also far more informative, in that it shows which wines are Eco-friendly by either being Organic, Biodynamic, or Sustainable (thru the use of logos printed on the Listing... all wines by the bottle fall into one or more of these categories)

TUSCAN GRILLE / SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS

$ 25 (353) Corte Giara, PINOT GRIGIO, Allegrini, Veneto, Italy (2010)

Hope this info is helpful,

Cheers!

bring it to dinner the first night and your somellier should give you credit for the wine and then you can order what you want.

Not all wine is exchangable. Last year on the Eclipse, wine that was given out in the shops when you made a purchase over a certain dollar amount was not able to be exchanged in the MDR, even though it came from Celebrity.

I have a complete copy of Celebrity’s 2012 Wine List (and currently transcribing it to post here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD) … thanks to Igor the Maitre D' for the Grand Epernay MDR on the Solstice, and the Amir the Ship's Head Sommelier... so I can assure you that there are wines available in your price range.

Hi Sloop-John B,

I am looking forward to seeing an updated wine list. Whilst this list is for the Solstice, do you know if it applies to all ships.

I have been looking at the list of wine available for the wine packages. Most of the wines listed appear to be new and don't appear on lists previously posted. I am trying to determine their price to see if it is worthwhile getting a wine package.

Jim

Not all wine is exchangable. Last year on the Eclipse, wine that was given out in the shops when you made a purchase over a certain dollar amount was not able to be exchanged in the MDR, even though it came from Celebrity.

???? When you bought something at a store on-board, they gave you wine that you could take with you to your cabin??? Not on any ship I've been on. They deliver your purchase to your room the last night so you can pack it. Those stores are not owned or operated by Celebrity, they are companies that buy space for their operation...they are not allowed to compete with Celebrity or sell wine/liquor for consumption on board.

In any case, a TA will buy the wine thru celebrity and they will exchange it.

Thanks John B for posting the wine list. Question: do you know if there is still a coupon for Elite Capt. Club that is a buy one, get 50% off a second bottle?

We usually purchase a couple of bottles on the first or second evening.

We will be on the Equinox in Feb. (Blu).

Thanks John B for posting the wine list. Question: do you know if there is still a coupon for Elite Capt. Club that is a buy one, get 50% off a second bottle?

We usually purchase a couple of bottles on the first or second evening.

We will be on the Equinox in Feb. (Blu).

The current deal for elites is 15 or 20% off (sorry don't recall the exact discount) two bottles of wine that cost more than $40 each if you buy them together. There is also a separate coupon for a discount of about the same amount for wine ordered in a specialty restaurant.

We are certified oenophiles and seldom eat dinner without enjoying wine. Wine prices on many cruise lines (including X) have risen to a point where they are no longer good deals. You have a choice of paying about $30 - $40 for a cheap (and often lousy) bottle of wine (usually worth no more then $10) or paying the big bucks for a very good bottle of wine. Paying the corkage fee only makes financial sense if you are bringing a good, higher priced wine into the dining room. We have recently noticed a new trend among fellow Oenophiles which is to pour themselves a very good large glass of wine in their cabin and take it into the dining room. So far, the cruise lines have allowed this practice although we figure that eventually they will charge an admission fee to the dining room for those carrying any kind of liquid. Oops. Should not have mentioned this since it might give them an idea.

Of course RCI has solved the problem by simply banning the bringing of any liquids aboard their ships.

Hank

Hi Sloop-John B,

I am looking forward to seeing an updated wine list. Whilst this list is for the Solstice, do you know if it applies to all ships.

I have been looking at the list of wine available for the wine packages. Most of the wines listed appear to be new and don't appear on lists previously posted. I am trying to determine their price to see if it is worthwhile getting a wine package.

Jim

To JIMZGOLDFINCH,

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original statement...

<< I have a complete copy of Celebrity’s 2012 Wine List (and currently transcribing it to post here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD) … thanks to Igor the Maitre D' for the Grand Epernay MDR on the Solstice, and the Amir the Ship's Head Sommelier... >>

This is the Celebrity 2012 Wine List... so YES it is the Fleet wide list, although some of the wines may not be on all ships or in all venues all the time... it is my understanding that the Solstice (and the S-Class Ships) have the largest listing of all the fleet.

As to when I'll have it up available here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD... well that might take some time... it is a lot to transcribe. And with just getting back home from my cruise... I have a lot of other catching up to do as well (laundry, household stuff, banking, emails, photos, etc)... Not to mention the TripReport & Cruise Review that I know so many are looking forward to reading.

So sadly, I haven't been on CC as much as I was pre-cruise.

As for wine packages, know that only a limited number of them are available on the S-Class Ships... will you be sailing on one of them? I do have the new listing for those (Taste of the Vineyards)... so having more info / input from you would be helpful if you'd like me to report back on this issue for you.

Cheers!

I generally have a glass of red wine with the canapes (Or cheese and crackers) that we get in Concierge Class and Aqua Class each afternoon. And normally, I bring aboard 2 bottles (plus the bottle of sparkling wine which Celebrity provides which I exchange for a table red).

But our next cruise is out of Cape Liberty, and it doesn't appear it will be convenient for us to buy a couple of bottles before boarding.

Can I prepurchase wine that can be delivered to our stateroom for stateroom consumption only? Will it be subject to the 15% gratuity?

It's not a make-or-break deal. I'm more interested in convenience than I am in cost.

I generally have a glass of red wine with the canapes (Or cheese and crackers) that we get in Concierge Class and Aqua Class each afternoon. And normally, I bring aboard 2 bottles (plus the bottle of sparkling wine which Celebrity provides which I exchange for a table red).

But our next cruise is out of Cape Liberty, and it doesn't appear it will be convenient for us to buy a couple of bottles before boarding.

Can I prepurchase wine that can be delivered to our stateroom for stateroom consumption only? Will it be subject to the 15% gratuity?

It's not a make-or-break deal. I'm more interested in convenience than I am in cost.

TO LEL5344,

YES and YES... ALL alcohol bought aboard is subject to the 15% tipping fee.

You can make arrangements thru Celebrity's Website, the 1-800 phone number, or one of the Dining Rooms once aboard (although if you are not wishing to purchase the standard bubbly for your room ... then it might be best done once you are aboard so you can see the complete list... know what is in stock... and chat with a Sommelier... they are very very helpful)

There is no corkage fee for wine that is purchased aboard the ship no matter where you choose to consume it.

Cheers!

yes you can pre-purchase wine from Celebrity's bon voyage department, which has a link at the bottom of most of the pages on Celebrity's site. However the prices are the same as on board and the on line selection is pretty small in comparison to the on-board offerings. If you wait until you are on board you can select from their entire wine list for delivery to your stateroom. Usually they have the list on their interactive TV system, or you can ask your steward for a copy or stop by the dining room for a copy. It seems to me the only advantage to pre-ordering is if you want a bottle waiting for you when you check in. I also don't know if they charge the 15% for the pre-orders, so that could be a potential difference as well.

That's exactly the kind of info that CC members are so good at providing!

TO LEL5344,

You are very welcome...

NOTE however if you wish to move a bottle around the ship between your stateroom and the dining room or specialty restaurant etc... (or back) that it is something that is best done by a member of Celebrity's Staff... then there is no confusion on where the bottle came from (was purchased) and that the fees in regards to that bottle are all paid up... a better idea than honestly doing it yourself... lol, having a bottle in hand while walking thru the ship does seem to "attract" some attention.

Celebrity's Staff are very happy to accommodate requests for transfers (a fairly common occurence)

Cheers!

TO LEL5344,

You are very welcome...

NOTE however if you wish to move a bottle around the ship between your stateroom and the dining room or specialty restaurant etc... (or back) that it is something that is best done by a member of Celebrity's Staff... then there is no confusion on where the bottle came from (was purchased) and that the fees in regards to that bottle are all paid up... a better idea than honestly doing it yourself... lol, having a bottle in hand while walking thru the ship does seem to "attract" some attention.

Celebrity's Staff are very happy to accommodate requests for transfers (a fairly common occurence)

Cheers!

I am not likely to walk around with a bottle in hand (unless, perhaps, I bring some brown paper bags aboard...lol), so that's not a problem. I may on occasion carry a glass with me, but that's infrequent. My ideal wine consumption time is after my afternoon nap, out on the balcony, feet up, gazing at the ocean...

yes you can pre-purchase wine from Celebrity's bon voyage department, which has a link at the bottom of most of the pages on Celebrity's site. However the prices are the same as on board and the on line selection is pretty small in comparison to the on-board offerings. If you wait until you are on board you can select from their entire wine list for delivery to your stateroom. Usually they have the list on their interactive TV system, or you can ask your steward for a copy or stop by the dining room for a copy. It seems to me the only advantage to pre-ordering is if you want a bottle waiting for you when you check in. I also don't know if they charge the 15% for the pre-orders, so that could be a potential difference as well.

Previous posters on other boards have stated that they do not charge the 15% for the pre-orders. I have never pre-ordered the package, so I do not know first hand if this is the case.

TO LEL5344,

You are very welcome...

Cheers!

You will actually have no problem walking it to the dining room on your own....I had two bottles given to me for my birthday through the ship by my kids and we walked them right down to Blu and asked them to be chilled.....no issue at all. :D

On our last cruise to Alaska (Infinity out of Seattle) my son gave us a gift certificate for the wine store in Pike Market. We purchased 2 nice bottles, took them aboard the ship and used them in the Specialty. ($25 fee, but worth it to us).

I carried the wine down to the Specialty in the X tote bag earlier in the day, and the wine was waiting and chilled. No problem.

Archived