Freaking out!!

drider

Looked at AA website and that is the earliest arrival in Tampa we can get from El Paso OMGGGGGGG UGHHHHHHH

Fly 1 day earlier and spend the night in a hotel. This is the any way you can board and enjoy your cruise from day 1, otherwise, you won't be able to board.

You could always purchase your own tickets if they refuse to change. Southwest comes in at $428 per person roundtrip leaving the 3rd and returning the 9th. This is assuming your cruise runs Sat-Thur?

That what I would do! Of course that takes all the excitement out of winning a "free cruise" :o

A 5 night cruise for right around $1000.00 airfare included is a great deal though.

Since you won the cruise, I would foot the bill to fly in the day before and stay in a hotel that night. If everyone else doesn't want to that you may be traveling on your own.

I would bet if you leave it the way it is you'll be paying for a hotel in Tampa and flights either back home or to your first port of call.

Not a good way to start a trip. Get it changed now or give up on the trip :(.

Now I have checked ALL airlines out of El Paso and the earliest arrival time in Tampa is 1:53 PM looks like we need to fly in the night before and get a room.... not a great way to spend the money to change flight and have to pay for a room on top of that

Will be a lot cheaper to do it this way than to have to fly to cozumel to meet the ship...

I was just looking for you and noticed that. There is availability on Friday from ELP to TPA leaving at 4:15PM getting into TPA at 12:25AM. You could get a hotel room cheaply. I'm not sure what the T&C's are with your trip and the TA. Do you have the contact info for the TA?

You could always purchase your own tickets if they refuse to change. Southwest comes in at $428 per person roundtrip leaving the 3rd and returning the 9th. This is assuming your cruise runs Sat-Thur?

If a one way ticket is cheaper, that is really all you need to get to Tampa. You can then use the return portion of the AA ticket.....assuming they haven't booked the return flight for a time before you get off the cruise. :rolleyes:

If a one way ticket is cheaper, that is really all you need to get to Tampa. You can then use the return portion of the AA ticket.....assuming they haven't booked the return flight for a time before you get off the cruise. :rolleyes:

Nope, that's throw-away ticketing and forbidden by every airline. Do that, and they will cancel the rest of your itinerary.

The TA did not book the flight through RCI Yes I have the TA contact info. She never communicated with us directly it had to go through the owner of the company then the GM of the company then the office manager before we got anything. I am betting the GM.... who is going on the trip is going to fly in a day early since he and his traveling companion is not on our confirmation but is on the cruise confirm.... the GM is also flying from ELP

The TA did not book the flight through RCI Yes I have the TA contact info. She never communicated with us directly it had to go through the owner of the company then the GM of the company then the office manager before we got anything. I am betting the GM.... who is going on the trip is going to fly in a day early since he and his traveling companion is not on our confirmation but is on the cruise confirm.... the GM is also flying from ELP

Try calling the agent. Tell them you are willing to pay for the nights hotel if they will take care of changing the flight. How irresponsible of that travel agent to do this...

Everyone is correct. You would not make the cruise with your current airline arrangements. If I were you I would call AA and change the flight myself to the day before and pay whatever cost there was associated with it. You can get an inexpensive room in Tampa anywhere and take a cab to the port in the morning. Orlando may be an option as mentioned too. Do it asap!

The office manager is calling the GM of the company. She has also sent an email to the TA. If I call the TA I will not be able to control my anger. This free cruise has already cost us for things we wouldn't normally have. Hubby didnt have a tux or a suit plus alterations, I did not have any coctail attire, we had to pay for dog boarding, childcare from feb 3rd to the 9th for our grandson who we have custody of. We don't have any family in the area. We did not have passports so that was an added cost. I am so friggin mad right now. I totally expected to have to pay for extras like tours, pictures and drinks if we do want them. Of course we did not get cruise insurance because we did not book the cruise and we barely got the info Jan 3rd about the cruise and yesterday about the flights.

The office manager is calling the GM of the company. She has also sent an email to the TA. If I call the TA I will not be able to control my anger. This free cruise has already cost us for things we wouldn't normally have. Hubby didnt have a tux or a suit plus alterations, I did not have any coctail attire, we had to pay for dog boarding, childcare from feb 3rd to the 9th for our grandson who we have custody of. We don't have any family in the area. We did not have passports so that was an added cost. I am so friggin mad right now. I totally expected to have to pay for extras like tours, pictures and drinks if we do want them. Of course we did not get cruise insurance because we did not book the cruise and we barely got the info Jan 3rd about the cruise and yesterday about the flights.

If there is ever a next time, please remember that a suit or tux and fancy dresses are not required :) I think it was very smart to go ahead and get Passports although technically, they werent required either. There is really nothing you could do about the dog boarding or childcare.

I know its been said over and over but I just cant believe the TA booked a flight on the same day 2 hours from departure! Very very imcompetent on their part!

Hopefully, things will get straightened out and you can stop worrying so much. I would be LIVID if I were you too!

I know you very mad and upset- but please take a step back and take a DEEP BREATH-good. I know you sepen a lot of money getting ready but trust me-once you board you will have the time of your life.

Fly in a day early. and enjoy your cruise.

Not to be rude, but it is very unlikely you will make it. Change your flights. Yes you will have to pay change fees, but it's cheaper than losing all the money you have spent on the cruise. What airline, and where are you coming from/flying through?

Also, I would suggest flying the day before if you can. If not, get the first flight out in the morning from your departure city. I hope there are some seats left!

I agree. As long as you have to change the flight, go ahead and fly in the day before if possible. I NEVER fly in the day of, too risky!

You do not need passports for your cruise. You could have sailed with a birth certificate and drivers license. Also it is not really necessary to dress up like people did years ago. Many men wear a shirt & tie and ladies wear a nice black skirt or pants with a pretty blouse. I know it is too late for you now but maybe another first timer will see this.

It sounds like a bad situation but make the best of it and do what you can to fix things so you can have an enjoyable time. Change your flights to the day before, pay whatever the extra charge is, and get a hotel for the night before the cruise. Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

By the way did you have to pay for the airline tickets or was that included with the free cruise???

Drider,

I agree flying the night before is a great idea...breathe deep.. in 8 days you will be boarding a beautiful ship and are going to have a wonderful time.. I love the jewel and look forward to meeting you on the cruise...

Wish you would have asked about the dress on the roll call we could have filled you in

Whew! Your unfortunate situation has me "freakin" out!

I am hoping everything works out for you. You will have a wonderful time because cruising is the best vacation in the world. Get the kinks worked and HAVE A GREAT TIME ;).

Now I have checked ALL airlines out of El Paso and the earliest arrival time in Tampa is 1:53 PM looks like we need to fly in the night before and get a room.... not a great way to spend the money to change flight and have to pay for a room on top of that

I would be on the phone with the travel agent who booked your trip. Explain that in looking through your cruise documents you notice that you have to be on board 90 minutes prior to sailing and with the flights SHE booked you, you will not be able to make it. Ask what SHE can do to get you on an earlier flight. Sounds like her mistake, not yours. You trusted it to a 'professional' so let them figure it out.

Ok Here is the scoop. DH won the cruise through his job with 6 other people. THEY arranged the cabins and flight. We will be flying into Tampa on AA. We did not get the choice. The trip with flights was booked through a TA in the hometown of the owner of the company that is gifting this cruise.

Agreed with the other posters, everything would have to go perfect to have a chance of making this. Call that TA and tell them to change this or you will make their life miserable. This is complete incompetence.

The cruise itself will be wonderful and it would be worth it to fly in the day before and stay in in a hotel even if it means paying for it yourself. Please come back and tell us how this works out for you.

Whew! Your unfortunate situation has me "freakin" out!

I am hoping everything works out for you. You will have a wonderful time because cruising is the best vacation in the world. Get the kinks worked and HAVE A GREAT TIME ;).

Agreed! Take a deep breath...it will work out. We had a near disaster a couple days before a trip to Aruba...we realized our passports had expired! It was a nightmare for about 24 hours...my eyes were all red from crying in my new passport photo, and we had to spend LOTS of out of pocket money, but when we were there in paradise (just like you will be in paradise this time next week on that wonderful cruise!) all the bad times were forgotten and a good time was had by all. Good luck with everything and please let us know how things turn out!

Our flight into Tampa on Feb 4th arrives at 2:15 pm and the info says we need to be checked in by 3 PM with about a 20 minute ride to the airport if EVERYTHING goes smoothly. I have already done all the check in that I can on the computer. Will we be ok if we arrive after 3 pm for a 4:30 sailing? Should we attempt to get a RCI transfer? Take a cab? There are 6 of us traveling together. All of us are first timers.:eek:

NEVER and I repeat NEVER book your flight for the day of your cruise. Too much can go wrong. Why put yourself through so much stress???? Come in at least one day early. Good luck, you are going to need it. Consider this a learning experience.

Archived