Brilliance...shower curtain or door?

Hello Brilliance cruisers. December will be my first time on this sister ship

in the Radiance class.

Does she have solid shower doors like youngest sister Jewel, or those awful "TSA

inspection :eek: " shower curtains like elder sister Radiance?

Will be in a JS this time, so perhaps a mute point with full shower tub? Had "D" balconies, thus having single shower stalls on Jewel and Radiance previously.

Thanks in advance! :)

In your JS, you'll have a tub with a curtain...no doors on the tubs! Yes...it's a moot point!

Ooops..sorry..our posts crossed at the same time.

Thank you also, for your quick response! :)

Ugg....yucky curtain there too....sigh.

Oh well, better to be with yucky curtain..than no cruise at all! :D

Thanks for the quick response! :)

So...yucky curtain it is..:(

Do you know if it is door or curtain in the JS cats?

Junior suite has a bathtub/shower combo, so there is no door, just a shower curtain which tends not to be as "friendly" as the curtains of the regular stateroom showers.:)

Ooops..sorry..our posts crossed at the same time.

Thank you also, for your quick response! :)

Ugg....yucky curtain there too....sigh.

Oh well, better to be with yucky curtain..than no cruise at all! :D

Our cabin of choice is a JS and the shower curtain will not try and romance you as they do in cabin categories below a JS. :o The curtain extends the whole length of the tub.

On Radiance class the only cabin category that has a walk-in shower is the OS......as I've never had the pleasure of being in the RS.:(

You can do what we did on Brilliance: bring a new shower curtain liner and some plastic clothespins from the dollar store. Hang the new one inside the existing one, clip sides and bottom with clothespegs, and it's at least somewhat more tolerable. Worked great for us. :)

That's a great idea too! I tried the clothes pins on the Radiance...and managed to

soak down the whole bathroom floor. :(

Must be doing it wrong.....sigh... :(

Our cabin of choice is a JS and the shower curtain will not try and romance you as they do in cabin categories below a JS. :o The curtain extends the whole length of the tub.

On Radiance class the only cabin category that has a walk-in shower is the OS......as I've never had the pleasure of being in the RS.:(

Yeah, those curtains don't even ask permission to wrap it's lovin' arms around me.

The nerve of that overly romantic curtain!! :eek: ;)

That's a great idea too! I tried the clothes pins on the Radiance...and managed to

If you are going to be in a JS, keeping the shower curtain inside the tub will prevent any water from getting onto the floor.

We had to request a longer curtain, they were sewing extensions on the top, as someone? ordered them too short we heard. They did not reach the floor of the showers. Perhaps you had one of the shorter ones?:rolleyes:

If you are going to be in a JS, keeping the shower curtain inside the tub will prevent any water from getting onto the floor.

Thanks...but no I was talking about the phone booth style D cat shower curtain

on the Radiance. Thought I was so smart to do the clothes pin thing...uugghh..

what a mess. Just had to get real intimate with the darn thing the rest of the

cruise. :(

Am in one of my favorite cabins again on the Radiance...9256. Our favorite, 1100

was occupied...sniff..sniff :(

We had to request a longer curtain, they were sewing extensions on the top, as someone? ordered them too short we heard. They did not reach the floor of the showers. Perhaps you had one of the shorter ones?:rolleyes:

Ahh..that could be. The pins sure did not help in any way...no matter what I did. :eek:

I was thinking of bringing plastic beach towel/table cloth clips to weigh down the shower curtain in our JS on Oasis. On our Allure JS we had the "friendly" shower curtain, too. At first it didn't bother me too much, but as time went on, it began to gross me out.

I like the idea of hanging an additional curtain curtain and clipping them together. I'll pay a visit to the dollar store this weekend to see what I can find.

You can do what we did on Brilliance: bring a new shower curtain liner and some plastic clothespins from the dollar store. Hang the new one inside the existing one, clip sides and bottom with clothespegs, and it's at least somewhat more tolerable. Worked great for us. :)

Thanks! :D

Nope...no joke. Be afraid...be very afraid.. ;)

How different is this situation than in any hotel room with a tub/shower combo? If you should be afraid of one, I think you should be equally afraid of the other. Unless you are a germaphobe or the shower curtain is obviously unclean, I wouldn't be terribly concerned that brief contact with the shower curtain is a serious health hazard.

How different is this situation than in any hotel room with a tub/shower combo? If you should be afraid of one, I think you should be equally afraid of the other. Unless you are a germaphobe or the shower curtain is obviously unclean, I wouldn't be terribly concerned that brief contact with the shower curtain is a serious health hazard.

Most hotels don't have "phone booth" style shower set ups.

Not so much the germs..but just

annoying when the thing likes to paste itself to you in close quarters. :eek: ;)

The quote was from the movie "The Fly" the one with Jeff Goldblum.... ;)

Remember the sense of humor???;)

Archived