Platinum & Elite Happy Hour

Palmist

Does anyone know if they have this event for Elite and Platinum on the Grand? It was great on the Emerald and I was hoping they were doing it there too.

Myrna

I'll give you all particulars tomorrow, when I board the Grand for 14 days. I'll be doing a LIVE, but give me until evening or even the next morning to get underway. Sometimes internet access doesn't start immediately.

I'll give you all particulars tomorrow, when I board the Grand for 14 days. I'll be doing a LIVE, but give me until evening or even the next morning to get underway. Sometimes internet access doesn't start immediately.

Have a great cruise Pia

Pia, YES, like Windsor said, I also hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Palmist, hope you also have a great cruise. We have never made it to any of the Happy Hours. Seems like we are always busy and completely forget about them. We just like to chill out on the balcony with a glass of wine after showering and then before we know it, we are hungry and off we go to dinner.

Just off the Grand.

The Platinum/Elite/Suite Happy Hour is held in the One5. We went the first evening and really enjoyed meeting people there. It is very nicely done on the Grand. The first night there was someone there making fresh guacamole.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. We very rarely make it up to the happy hour too, since we're just wine drinkers, and that we can do in the privacy of our cabin or anywhere else. I like those cheese sticks they serve and it's better for me I just stay away. ;)

Does anyone know if they have this event for Elite and Platinum on the Grand? It was great on the Emerald and I was hoping they were doing it there too.

Myrna

Yes, they do! Just off Grand for two week last month. They'll send you a card the day you board with what is being served each evening and the special drinks offered at a reduced price.

We've never been since we don't want the special drinks offered at a reduced price and had rather go to another bar that we know we enjoy. Always say we're going to give it a try once ... but never do. :rolleyes:

When you return, please let us know how you liked it and if it was worth you time to go.

Does anyone know if I can bring my roommate who is only a gold member to these events?

Brought our gold member son with us on our recent Emerald cruise. My husband and I bought the special drinks with our Platinum cards. It's not crowded (at least usually wasn't on that ship), so another person doesn't matter. By the way, on the Emerald, the Happy Hour drink specials were also during that time, so we sometimes ordered those instead of the Platinum specials. Love the soft pretzels (and usually don't see those in the regular buffet).

Does anyone know if I can bring my roommate who is only a gold member to these events?

Yes, my partner is Elite, I'm Platinum and we were allowed to bring my son and his friend who are gold... No problems at all.

Myrna

IMHO the drinks are disappointing, pitifully small and overfilled with ice. It used to be a good perk when it came out (first for us was on the Ruby TA in may, 2010), but I have soured on it after a few later cruises.

Also, I may be in a minority, but I don't think One-Five on the Grand is a good venue for this. On our Nov. 2011 TA it filled quickly (there were a lot of elite PAX) and seating was in my opinion lacking as compared to the old Skywalkers.

IMHO the drinks are disappointing, pitifully small and overfilled with ice. It used to be a good perk when it came out (first for us was on the Ruby TA in may, 2010), but I have soured on it after a few later cruises.

Not sure what you are talking about, regarding the Platinum/Elite lounge deals. Many of the drinks you can get either on the rocks or straight and they seem to come in the regular sized glasses. The regular happy hour special drinks may be more iced down and smaller, but I didn't see that for the Platinum drinks. Besides they are about half their normal price. It's a very good deal for most of us!

After our Feb. 25 cruise I will let you all know how the Happy Hour specials were and if it was worth our time to attend more than once.

Myrna

Well, after partaking of the Platinum/Elite lounge happy hour on my last three cruises last year on three different ships, I certainly believe that it was worth our time to attend. I enjoyed the drink specials and the special appetizers were good too. I especially liked the steak tartare, the Stilton cheese with port wine reduction (done much better on the Caribbean Princess than the last time on the Sapphire, but still good) and the sushi. It was nice enjoying our leisurely pre-dinner drinks and appetizers in Skywalkers and something we looked forward to...

Cocktails & Hors d' Oeuvres

Saturday: Freshlyt Made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips/El Major Margarita

Sunday: Herb-Marinated Goat's Cheese with Crisp Rosemary Flatbread and Tomato Bruschetta/Brezza Marina

Monday: Smoked Salmon with Toast Pointes, Onion Rings, Capers and Lemon/Chairman of the Board

Tuesday: Authentic Mexican Salsa with Tortilla Chips/Mojito

Wednesday: Wheel of Stilton with Port Wine, Walnut Baguette/Port Wine

Friday: Shrimp Fountain with American Cocktail Sauce/Cosmopolitan

No exclusive lounge on Thursday due to Captain's Circle Party.

Note: The $3.99 cocktail price is ONLY for the featured drink of the evening. DH and I heard passengers argue with a bar waiter :( when they didn't want Margaritas on Saturday night but asked for other cocktails at the special price :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Chris

Archived