1/2 Price off next cruise and minisuite offer

Fat Bottom Gurl

We are sailing on the Crown next week and both my sister and I received an offer from Princess that we can have a mini-suite, free air and the other person goes free if we want to change dates.

I don't know if anyone else in our party received this same offer.

I wonder if this is a standard practise for Princess - whether this is due to overbooking or the recent noro outbreak?

Has anyone else received such an offer?

We're not taking it.

We are sailing on the Crown next week and both my sister and I received an offer from Princess that we can have a mini-suite, free air and the other person goes free if we want to change dates.

I wonder if this is a standard practise for Princess - whether this is due to overbooking or the recent noro outbreak?

Has anyone else received such an offer?

We're not taking it.

I think it's overbooking. Have read several times about Princess doing this, so looks like common practice. Airlines too overbook their flights, hoping for no shows.

I received a move over offer when I was booked on the Ruby several years ago. We were offered to move from a 7 day on the Ruby to a 10 day on the Crown two weeks later, an upgrade from a BA to a mini and several hundred dollars in OBC. We couldn't take it then due to no flexibility in our work schedules - but we would jump on an offer now! :)

Our first cruise was back in 2008 on the CB. A few days before we were due to sail a Princess rep called us. She said the ship was overbooked and offered us an upgrade to a suite (we had a mini-suite booked) and $1000 onboard credit if we could switch to a sailing 3 weeks later. Unfortunately my work schedule at the time made it impossible to accept the offer :(. Oh for another offer like that again - we'd jump at it.

Overbooking. Maybe not standard practice, but it does occur.

The noro outbreak is handled by extensive cleaning which is what delayed embarkation.

We had a move-over offer 3 days before a Mediterranean cruise and it was sweet - we got to go on one of our bucket list cruises that we couldn't have afforded otherwise.

A travel agent we booked through just told another couple that we could take advantage of this offer if we didn't want to cruise next week (noro issues). She said the cruise could be on or after March 12. Has anyone else rec'd that information?

We got the same offer and were able to do it, as we were not sailing with anyone this time. We have not sailed yet but looking forward to having a mini. They do not send these out to everyone due to only one person handling them. She was great, BTW. It is a great offer. So many respond but end up unable to take advantage due to traveling with others or a problem with employment and dates. We felt we were very lucky because we were not home to get the notice and were not among the first to respond.

I'd probably jump at an offer like that. :D I'm retired so my time is wide open, & I always travel alone, so I don't have to be concerned about anyone else being able to accept, or not accept, the offer. Come on Princess make me an offer I can't refuse!

Archived