Royal Princess 'sneak peak' video series

Astro Flyer

The piazza itself looks nice, but did anyone else think that the video was kind of silly? The whole hologram thing (which was obviously added later by computer) did not work very well and reminded me of "Obi-wan Kenobe, you're our only hope". I actually laughed out load when the two executives awkwardly moved to interact with the hologram. :p

How did you like DISNEY DREAM? I just got off it a couple weeks ago. I absolutely loved it ... the ship and the experience! One of my favorite ships of all time and I just LOVED the Disney attention to detail.

I wrote a little review and took over 500 pics (that is how much I loved the ship) which you can find here ..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1561689

It might bring back some memories of the ship if you didn't take pics of your own.

I hope Princess has even a tad of the attention to detail that Disney does. If they do, ROYAL PRINCESS will be a great ship.

Ernie

We really liked the Dream. Best inside cabin ever! And the most comfortable bed - a soft mattress! We tried to spend as much time in the adults-only areas as we could, and we treated ourselves to the Couples Choice in the spa villa. Thought the food was good - but the strangely limited hrs for the buffet were annoying.

I haven't had the time yet to write my review or start going though my photos.

The piazza itself looks nice, but did anyone else think that the video was kind of silly? The whole hologram thing (which was obviously added later by computer) did not work very well and reminded me of "Obi-wan Kenobe, you're our only hope". I actually laughed out load when the two executives awkwardly moved to interact with the hologram. :p

It didn't look silly to me & it's nothing that concerns me because the content was what interested me. :p

Nope.

And still with all the printed photos on display.

Yes, when I said the Photo gallery I was referring to the current printed photos on display on all Princess ships with the addition of the touch screen displays on the Sapphire & also on the Royal. :rolleyes:

It didn't look silly to me & it's nothing that concerns me because the content was what interested me. :p

Nope.

Well, I guess I'm alone then in thinking that part of the video was funny. No big deal.

Anyhow, the ship looks very nice. I'm looking forward to the video on the cabins as well. Maybe they will jazz up the color scheme a bit compared to the current ships (which is nice, just a bit bland). And FYI, when I say "jazz up", I mean more like Celebrity, not like Carnival/Las Vegas.

Sure there won't be a lot of extra space up top, but one thing I have seen on the existing ships is that some areas of the deck just aren't used all that efficiently. I imagine certain amounts of basically empty space need to be preserved to meet SOLAS regulations, but even so, a lot of the Sun deck on the Crown was occupied by little besides empty deck chairs on the last trip I took.

Today I received a flyer in the mail from Princess containing deals on Exotic cruises. There is a section titled "Royal Reveals" about a series of videos on the Royal Princess with the initial installment being released on Valentine's Day. This 'sneak peak' video series will be on Princess.com with updates leading up to her June 2013 scheduled launch date.

They r upe on the web site here the link for all so excited

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/video_tours/index.html

Well, I guess I'm alone then in thinking that part of the video was funny. No big deal.

Anyhow, the ship looks very nice. I'm looking forward to the video on the cabins as well. Maybe they will jazz up the color scheme a bit compared to the current ships (which is nice, just a bit bland). And FYI, when I say "jazz up", I mean more like Celebrity, not like Carnival/Las Vegas.

I agree. I am looking forward to information on the staterooms and the deck plans too.

I agree. I am looking forward to information on the staterooms and the deck plans too.

Hopefully deck plans & pricing will be released soon being only a month before the Royal is available for booking. ;)

It should be interesting to see how the European bookings go particularly with such high airfare prices round trip to Europe. I'd think the TA & the winter season (Caribbean?) would be more popular...at least that's the case for me. :p

Hopefully deck plans & pricing will be released soon being only a month before the Royal is available for booking. ;)

It should be interesting to see how the European bookings go particularly with such high airfare prices round trip to Europe. I'd think the TA & the winter season (Caribbean?) would be more popular...at least that's the case for me. :p

I hope other cruisers share your opinion on the cruise preferences. I really want a Med Cruise on this ship. The TA for 18 days would be nice too

We did the inaugural sailings on the Caribbean & Ruby Princess out of FLL and the maiden U.S. voyage of the Emerald Princess and none of the prices were outrageous.

So, unless Princess really goes crazy with there pricing, we're planning for the first cruise (from the U.S.)

Joe and Amelia, you can bet we will be on the Royal for her maiden U.S. voyage, too. I was looking at some of the pictures from the Ruby inaugural sailing - that was a great time! BTW, I am trying to get DW to go for the minis, so maybe we will get the one next to you guys. Now if that isn't the start of trouble, I don't know what is!

I thought that part was a little cheesy too, but it's the thought that counts! LOL

I do agree that a little more color would be nice. It's typical Princess decor so far, which means a little on the bland side and nothing too cutting edge. Think Marriott meets the high seas which is not a bad thing for Princess. Consistency in decor and design has served them well. You always know exactly what to expect when stepping on a Princess ship, and pretty much they all look the same down to the carpet patterns, drapes, and light fixtures. Many of the areas shown in the Atrium Video look very similar to each other in style and decor. This is not to say it's unattractive. It's a little more daring than existing Princess ships, and perhaps we will see something a little different in the decor department when the other videos are released?

Ernie

We watched the video and think the ship is beautiful.

We will be on a cruise around South America in March and April and last night asked our travel agent to book us on both the Sept. 27 Mediterranean cruise and on the Oct. 9 Venitian Passage Trans Atlantic. Can't wait!

I think once booking opens, both the currently listed Mediterranean and Trans Atlantic cruises will be sold in a few days. Beautiful new ship, nice itineraries.

Gloria

I think once booking opens, both the currently listed Mediterranean and Trans Atlantic cruises will be sold in a few days.

I'm not so sure. New ships are a dime a dozen these days. They don't sell out like they used to and I often see pretty amazing deals even for the newest of ships.

Ernie

I'm not so sure. New ships are a dime a dozen these days. They don't sell out like they used to and I often see pretty amazing deals even for the newest of ships.

Ernie

I hope you are right about the cruises not booking quickly. I sure want to be on one of those.

Dime a dozen? Whoa! First new build in what will be about 5 years since Ruby in 2008. Royal sure did cost of lot of dimes, think more than 5,000,000.000 of those pieces of coin.

Archived