20 day cruises

redcruzer

Hi. We are going on a 7 day carnival cruise with a bunch of friends, as it was originally our wedding cruise( then we eloped. Hehehe) then the next day we are getting on the emerald for 10 days as our honeymoon. We are thinking of extending it to the 20 day. So that will be 27 days on a cruise. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Think it's too much?? My hubby is 43. I will actually turn 40 on the ship if we decide to do the 20 day...so it certainly will be a memorable honeymoon/ milestone birthday. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks:)

Hi. We are going on a 7 day carnival cruise with a bunch of friends, as it was originally our wedding cruise( then we eloped. Hehehe) then the next day we are getting on the emerald for 10 days as our honeymoon. We are thinking of extending it to the 20 day. So that will be 27 days on a cruise. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Think it's too much?? My hubby is 43. I will actually turn 40 on the ship if we decide to do the 20 day...so it certainly will be a memorable honeymoon/ milestone birthday. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks:)

We love back to back cruises, not too much for us for sure!! :D

To short for me. :)

You need to arrange your finances to avoid problems. Everything possible should automaticly go into or out of your checking account or be charged to a credit card. Set up your credit card to be automaticly paid or so you can go online and pay it

Anything less than 30 days is too short.

We too love the longer cruises. I love unpacking and knowing that I don't need to look at our suitcases for another 3 or 4 weeks depending on the cruise. It is such a great feeling. Nothing beats being on the ocean. Go and enjoy, a honeymoon is such a special time and why not have as long as possible away together.

Jennie

We love the B2B cruises. Gives you time to unwind and relax. If you can do it financially, go for it. We have done 4, 7, 16, and 20 day cruises and enjoyed the 20 by far. Is it too early for a vow renewel by the ships captain? Congrats and enjoy your "Honeymoon".

Get your ducks in a row as far as home is concerned (bills, house, lawn, mail etc) and then pack a suitcase and go.

If you have not spent alot of time together alone, expect that you will have a learning curve to learn to be together without getting on each other's nerves -- be apart occasionally like for a spa treatment or my favorite I swim and hubby usually does not. He walks the deck and I don't and we both read alot. It is great. We just got back from a trip that was 28 days long and you know I did not get tired of it. :D Princess laundry rooms mean you don't have to take so many clothes. You will never see these folks again so doesn't matter if you wear the same thing over and over. Have fun. May your marriage last a long time. Hubby and I are working on 43rd anniversary and it just keeps getting better.

with my work schedule the longest we can be gone is two weeks - we can wait until we retire and can the longer cruise. In fact we are saving for a 30 day cruise to celebrate when we do retire-have a few years to wait, but it is something to look forward to. Enjoy

we are getting on the emerald for 10 days as our honeymoon. We are thinking of extending it to the 20 day. So that will be 27 days on a cruise. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Think

As others have pointed out, 27 days on cruise ships is almost 60% better than 17 days.

Just be aware that on the b2b 10 day segments that the menus will be the same on both segments and thaqt most of the entertainment on the first 10 days will be repeated on the second ten days.

This does not mean that this is a negative, as the repeating menus give you the opportunity to try new items or to enjoy a great dish a second time. The repeating entertainment means you do not have to try to squeeze it all in on the first ten days.

And congrats on the wedding. All the money you saved by eloping can go towards the cruise.

If you have never cruised before, I would be cautious of committing to doing it for that long. What if (I know - but just what if...) you find out cruising is just not for you after the first 7 or 10 days???

I also love longer cruises. A 7 day cruise is way too short. My longest cruise thus far was 29 days. The only negative is you totally have to watch what you eat or you will not fit into your clothes. I've never done a back to back, yet. But if I want to go on the first Royal Princess(not the 3 day test cruises), then I might do a BTB, 7 days first cruise, then 12 days for the next.

I spent 35 consecutive days on the Sapphire Princess in Oct. and Nov., and was really sad when it was time to disembark. While on the trip, the first 28 days were one cruise, and the last 7 were done as a b2b. I have to say I LOVED the feeling of being able to stay on, when all but 7 other passengers disembarked!!!

I had a friend on the ship that was spending a total of 77 days doing b2bs. I was jealous of her!!!

Archived