Millennium REFURB.

joyce&bob

The last date I heard was April 12 so that would be right after your cruise. Don't know if the date has changed at all. That was some time ago when I was checking to book her. I'll see if I can double check.

I cannot find an April 16th cruise on Millennium's cruise calendar on Celebrity's website. I've run it several times and April 12 is the last cruise showing until May 12. :-) Let me do a little more checking.

Hmmmm.....I did find an April 16th sailing for Millennium elsewhere. Wonder why it's not on showing up on Celebrity's website???

Hi Anne, I bet it is a charter.

I'm not sure I'd want to be on that "last cruise" before dry dock. I've heard stories of low provisions, construction starting early, early closure of venues, etc.

Of course, I say this and then promptly booked the first cruise AFTER this dry dock, so I may be in for more of the same, lol.. As long as the bar is open, I'll be fine!

Hmmmm.....I did find an April 16th sailing for Millennium elsewhere. Wonder why it's not on showing up on Celebrity's website???

Its on the website for a 5 night departs on 4-16-12. Was there yesterday and is still there today.

I'm not sure I'd want to be on that "last cruise" before dry dock. I've heard stories of low provisions, construction starting early, early closure of venues, etc.

Of course, I say this and then promptly booked the first cruise AFTER this dry dock, so I may be in for more of the same, lol.. As long as the bar is open, I'll be fine!

We were on the last cruise before Infinity went to dry dock and did not experience low provisions at all. There was some minor construction going on around the ship but nothing that affected the enjoyment of the passengers, IMO.

There were some construction supplies loaded on the ship and stored in out of the way places - so there again, no impact on the passengers. I have no idea what "early closure of venues" means but we had nothing closed early as far as I know. They did take a couple of days and closed off the sports deck to refinish the flooring. But that was open in time for passengers to use that area for observing the passage thru the Canal.

So I would not shy away from being on the last cruise before dry docking, at least not on a Celebrity ship. Just my opinion, of course.

Drydock/Solsticizing is done, and Millennium starts cruising again !!

Thanks, I misunderstood by what the poster meant by "done" :rolleyes:. We sail on June 1. I'm glad she will be refurbished before that. If I had booked but found out the refurbishment was after our sailing I would have cancelled the booking. This will be our first cruise and I would have put it off untill the ship was refurbished.

Hi Everyone,

To clarify, Millennium has a 5 night sailing on April 16th. Her Solsticizing begins on April 21st. She returns to service May 12th, on a Westbound Panama Canal sailing, from Miami to San Diego.

I hope this helps !

Why would you wait until she was refurbished? There is nothing wrong with the ship right now.

Exactly right. We were just on the Millie for 14 days and the ship is in great shape. Crew was very professional and courteous and the food was up to anyone's cruise standards, IMO.

What little wear and tear we saw was minor and to be expected on any ship. So there is no reason to wait to enjoy a great cruise unless you just want to see the new digs she will be sporting after May 12.

Exactly right. We were just on the Millie for 14 days and the ship is in great shape. Crew was very professional and courteous and the food was up to anyone's cruise standards, IMO.

Just got off a short Millennium cruise. The food was the best we've had on any cruise in the last 2 years. And that includes Celebrity's Century, and RCI's Liberty and Navigator. We intended to go to the specialty restaurant but kept putting it off because we were so impressed with the quality of the meals in the MDR. And we ran out of nights! ;)

• 2 months later...
Has Millennium arrived at the drydock and can anyone post some pictures during the refurbishment process?

Looking very much forward to our Canal cruise on May 12th :)

Good morning, not sure how anyone will posting pictures......it is

crew and workers on board for the next 3 weeks.

My husband is a contractor onboard, he's been on the ship since the 16th April. Sometimes he can send pictures, sometimes not. It just depends how much phone signal/wifi he can get.

Ship arrived in Freeport early this morning after leaving Miami last night. All being well, she'll leave Freeport again on the 11th May and arrive back in Miami on the 12th which means I'll get him back home early on the 13th, yeaayy! :D

My husband is a contractor onboard, he's been on the ship since the 16th April. Sometimes he can send pictures, sometimes not. It just depends how much phone signal/wifi he can get.

Ship arrived in Freeport early this morning after leaving Miami last night. All being well, she'll leave Freeport again on the 11th May and arrive back in Miami on the 12th which means I'll get him back home early on the 13th, yeaayy! :D

Hope all goes well as we will board on May 12th also. Was he part of the team that did the Summit and the others?

Archived