When will Oasis obtain upgrades from Allure ?

There is currently no plan to bring Samba to Oasis.

:mad:

We are planning a Genesis cruise in 2014 and as Samba Grill really rocks for us, we would be chosing Allure then even if Rich stays on the Oasis :cool:

There already have been updates to Oasis that came from Allure.

Which ones did make it already ?

It could be done fairly easily, the room is the same, as are the tables, chairs and decor. The changes might only involve kitchen equipment so would be fairly simple, if financial returns show it as a good idea, i am sure it could happen. Obviously the Solarium Bistro was not a massive hit at first, otherwise Samba Grill would never have been created.

There already have been updates to Oasis that came from Allure. There is currently no plan to bring Samba to Oasis.

While bringing Samba to Oasis requires very little alteration to the current kitchen....there aren't plans to change the Solarium Bistro over to Samba....they are currently looking into a totally new venue as a possible Solarium Bistro replacement.

Some of the additions that came over to Oasis from Allure were the addition of Dreamworks and the conversion to make the theater 3D...that happened very shortly after they were introduced on Allure.

While bringing Samba to Oasis requires very little alteration to the current kitchen....there aren't plans to change the Solarium Bistro over to Samba....they are currently looking into a totally new venue as a possible Solarium Bistro replacement.

:) Thanx for that info! This then might be a good reason to do Oasis to test the new replacement!

AND: We might be lucky then and have Rich as CD. :cool:

Every few weeks I watch his evolution of dance and would love to see this live again:

I know I'm in the minority on this but I want them to keep some degree of seperate offerings on Oasis / Allure. Keeps the ships a little more unique from each other. If someone really wants Samba grill they should choose Allure! If someone really wants Seafood Shack, they should choose Oasis! etc.

I know I'm in the minority on this but I want them to keep some degree of seperate offerings on Oasis / Allure. Keeps the ships a little more unique from each other. If someone really wants Samba grill they should choose Allure! If someone really wants Seafood Shack, they should choose Oasis! etc.

I'm with you on this as well. We'll probably sail both of them in the next few years, so it would be nice if there were some differences to the ships to make them unique

I agree with you in principle and Seafood Shack on Oasis versus Rita's Cantina on the Allure is a good example of this. But, right now, Allure has one extra specialty restaurant alternative in the Samba Grill, and Oasis currently has no counterpart to that in its Solarium Bistro space. So, I'm glad to read in this thread that this may change in the future. (Edit -- that being said, as I think the previous poster was alluding to, by having Samba Grill on the Allure, then it's Solarium Bistro space doesn't have a free dinner alternative that the Oasis has).

Also, while the Oasis may have the Boardwalk Donut Shop and the Allure has the Boardwalk Doghouse as an alternative, the Allure's boardwalk also has a small pantry that offers free cake donuts. Not having been on the Oasis, I can't attest as to whether these are the same donuts that are offered on the Allure. But, if so, the Allure would have one more free eatery as well.

To me the biggest difference between Oasis and Allure are the shows.

You are not the only one. :) I would like to see even more difference!

:mad:

We are planning a Genesis cruise in 2014

While Genesis was the working project "code" name for the Oasis, neither Oasis or Allure are referred to as Genesis ships or Genesis class. They are considered Oasis class ships, and the term "Genesis" is no longer used. Just FYI, to avoid confusion. :)

While Genesis was the working project "code" name for the Oasis, neither Oasis or Allure are referred to as Genesis ships or Genesis class. They are considered Oasis class ships, and the term "Genesis" is no longer used. Just FYI, to avoid confusion. :)

I think they said Genesis because they haven't decided which one yet. :D And I know that they are officially both Oasis class.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

We also like that there are some differences between the 2 ships so they are distinct from each other...but we did like the "dog house" on Allure...seems like a perfect thing to offer on the Boardwalk!! :p

One of the only things we thought about both was that they could maybe utilize the Boardwalk more with maybe some nightly entertainment on the boardwalk at night to draw some people there for something besides the Aqua show..... ;)

Love both ships!!! Can't wait for spring break!! :D

:) Thanx for that info! This then might be a good reason to do Oasis to test the new replacement!

Every few weeks I watch his evolution of dance and would love to see this live again:

You've mentioned Rich twice. If you mean Richard Spacey, he is now CD on Explorer, I believe. He's definately not on Oasis any longer, or Allure.

You've mentioned Rich twice. If you mean Richard Spacey, he is now CD on Explorer, I believe. He's definately not on Oasis any longer, or Allure.

Thanx. OMG! Amy, replacing Rich, has horrible reviews. We had a horrible cruise director too (in our Brilliance cruise), forgot her name, but she was formerly on Allure as a Co for Ken ... therefore I know what it means to have a weak CD.

Our next Oasis-class cruise will be in 2014 and we are strongly hoping that they managed to settle the current CD issues!

I assume that they moved Rich to Explorer as Oasis is anyway booked and maybe RCCL tries to push and polish Explorer by this somehow.

Thanx. OMG! Amy, replacing Rich, has horrible reviews. We had a horrible cruise director too (in our Brilliance cruise), forgot her name, but she was formerly on Allure as a Co for Ken ... therefore I know what it means to have a weak CD.

Our next Oasis-class cruise will be in 2014 and we are strongly hoping that they managed to settle the current CD issues!

I assume that they moved Rich to Explorer as Oasis is anyway booked and maybe RCCL tries to push and polish Explorer by this somehow.

I've been on the Oasis twice, once in September with Rich and just last month with Amy. It would be hard to compare to Rich who was fantastic. I thought Amy was just OK, she wasn't as bad as some of the reviews made her sound. She definitely is very enthusiastic. The difference between Amy and Rich does show somewhat at the late night shows such as Marriage and The Quest Game. I suppose it does make sense to move Rich to one of the other ships they are trying to get more people to book.

I've been on the Oasis twice, once in September with Rich and just last month with Amy. It would be hard to compare to Rich who was fantastic. I thought Amy was just OK, she wasn't as bad as some of the reviews made her sound. She definitely is very enthusiastic. The difference between Amy and Rich does show somewhat at the late night shows such as Marriage and The Quest Game. I suppose it does make sense to move Rich to one of the other ships they are trying to get more people to book.

Amy started on Oasis on my sailing in November (11/5) so I can't imagine she has more than a few weeks left before she goes on vacation. It'll be interesting to see who they replace her with and where they assign her when her vacation ends. I haven't read anything on here to suggest that its a given that she'll be returned to Oasis.

Ricky Matthews is confirmed as the new CD on Oasis.

Not sure when he starts but will be on my April 21, 2012 Oasis Cruise.

On the Royal Promenade on Oasis, there is the word Genesis on the wall, with a statue of a painter, painting over it

Amy started on Oasis on my sailing in November (11/5) so I can't imagine she has more than a few weeks left before she goes on vacation. It'll be interesting to see who they replace her with and where they assign her when her vacation ends. I haven't read anything on here to suggest that its a given that she'll be returned to Oasis.

I read somewhere else on here that she is going on vacation in early March, so probably has just a couple of sailings before she does. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to put someone else in as CD on Oasis. Amy made a big point about saying how she's the youngest female cruise director. Maybe it would be a good idea to let her be that on a smaller size boat.

Actually, after I posted this and read further I see Ricky Mathews is coming on as the new CD on Oasis. Guess Amy will be going someplace else after her vacation.

I But, right now, Allure has one extra specialty restaurant alternative in the Samba Grill, and Oasis currently has no counterpart to that in its Solarium Bistro space.

There is a counterpart on the Oasis, the Solarium Bistro Dinner, which used to be 20$ pp. Here´s the menu.

steamboats

Actually, after I posted this and read further I see Ricky Mathews is coming on as the new CD on Oasis. Guess Amy will be going someplace else after her vacation.

Who on earth is Ricky Matthews? I've never heard of him.

Archived