Total Cost for Beverage Package

dthomaso

So sorry folks, but I am getting real confused on the price of the beverage package on Celebrity. I want to purchase the Classic Alcohol package at $44 per day for a 7 day cruise. This will be $308. Is this my final cost or will the 15% gratuity be added to the $308? :confused:

Hi DThomaso,

NOTE that the Celebrity Website has a very annoying "glitch" that as far as I know still hasn't been fixed !! :mad::rolleyes:

(Just another way that Celebrity's Website leaves A LOT TO BE DESIRED !! )

When you book the package on-line it will calculate the 15% Tip TWICE ... so if you are purchasing the Classic Package the TRUE PRICE is for $ 44 US per day x 7 Days = $ 308 PLUS 15% Tip = $ 354.20 (and NOT the $ 407.33 as shown)

The GOOD NEWS is although the website does an incorrect calculation you will be charged the correct amount by Celebrity.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

I purchased the premium package. A 15% added to the price of the package. What I am wondering is when I order a glass, what is I have one invoice with an "other" 15%? thank you.

Hi Saphir,

When you purchase the Premium Package, be it on-line or on the ship you pay the price of the package ($ 54 per day) PLUS the 15% to cover Tips.

Then you are done.

When you get drinks on the ship you will not receive a chit to sign (they just take your card & swipe it) as long as you are ordering drinks that are included in the package that you purchased.

This is why some Cruisers like the packages no matter what... the convenience of not having to sign all the time.

On the otherhand, if you purchase something that isn't included in the package... then they will both swipe your card and bring you a chit to sign.

Examples would include... Room Service, In-Room Mini Bar, a Wine or Alcohol Tasting Event (ie Riedel Wine Workshop), Specialty Item (Bucket of Beer).

Chits for non-included items will indeed have 15% tip marked into the price you have to sign for on the Bill.

Also, on the Premium Package, if you purchase something beyond the $ 12 limit (say a $ 15 Glass of REAL Champagne) then the difference will be charged to your Onboard Account... $ 3 PLUS the tip on that amount... so another $ 0.45 cents.

--- --- ---

As for EXTRA TIPPING for "Exceptional Service" that is always a choice...

You can do that in Cash, or in cases where you are presented with a chit, there is always an extra line that indicates... ADDITIONAL TIP

And a wee blurb at the bottom of the chit that says...

A 15% Gratuity is included in your bill, however, please use the "Additional Tip" line to recognize outstanding service.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

• 3 months later...
Hi Saphir,

When you purchase the Premium Package, be it on-line or on the ship you pay the price of the package ($ 54 per day) PLUS the 15% to cover Tips.

Then you are done.

When you get drinks on the ship you will not receive a chit to sign (they just take your card & swipe it) as long as you are ordering drinks that are included in the package that you purchased.

This is why some Cruisers like the packages no matter what... the convenience of not having to sign all the time.

On the otherhand, if you purchase something that isn't included in the package... then they will both swipe your card and bring you a chit to sign.

Examples would include... Room Service, In-Room Mini Bar, a Wine or Alcohol Tasting Event (ie Riedel Wine Workshop), Specialty Item (Bucket of Beer).

Chits for non-included items will indeed have 15% tip marked into the price you have to sign for on the Bill.

Also, on the Premium Package, if you purchase something beyond the $ 12 limit (say a $ 15 Glass of REAL Champagne) then the difference will be charged to your Onboard Account... $ 3 PLUS the tip on that amount... so another $ 0.45 cents.

--- --- ---

You can do that in Cash, or in cases where you are presented with a chit, there is always an extra line that indicates... ADDITIONAL TIP

A 15% Gratuity is included in your bill, however, please use the "Additional Tip" line to recognize outstanding service.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Thank you so much! I have been looking for this information for ages! I've just booked the premium package for my friend and I for our 15night century cruise (a surprise 50th birthday present for her) and wondered if the total cost ($1995 nz$) included the 15percent. I'll just make sure I carry some cash to reward good service. :)

Hi Saphir,

Then you are done.

--- --- ---

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Just an additional question please....re the beverage packages....Celebrity is offering a "sale" on its packages until June 22nd....the promo states 10 o/ off selected packages....does this include the premium packages??

Thanks BABA7

I too have a question that you may be able to answer. I have read that you can purchase a beverage package up until the last two days on the ship. Is the day that you dock considered a day or is the day prior to docking your last "day". Or do any beverage packages work on the day of docking.

I too have a question that you may be able to answer. I have read that you can purchase a beverage package up until the last two days on the ship. Is the day that you dock considered a day or is the day prior to docking your last "day". Or do any beverage packages work on the day of docking.

Everything on a cruise is quoted and priced by the "night" to avoid this confusion.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4039&faqSubjectId=358

On our recent 11 night cruise they stopped selling the beverage packages on after the 3rd or 4th night.

Just an additional question please....re the beverage packages....Celebrity is offering a "sale" on its packages until June 22nd....the promo states 10 o/ off selected packages....does this include the premium packages??

Thanks BABA7

Absolutely....booked mine over a week ago..........

Hi Saphir,

Then you are done.

--- --- ---

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Am I correct that you can buy as many premium alcohol drinks but $12 or less. Thank you.

Am I correct that you can buy as many premium alcohol drinks but $12 or less. Thank you.

If you have the premium alcohol package - you can have as many drinks a day/cruise as you want at $12 or less. If you buy a drink that is more than $12 (higher end scotch, champagne, wine, martini, etc) you will pay the difference plus the additional gratuity.

There is no limit to how many drinks - alcohol or non-alcohol - that you can have per day/cruise. Enjoy.

If you have the premium alcohol package - you can have as many drinks a day/cruise as you want at $12 or less. If you buy a drink that is more than $12 (higher end scotch, champagne, wine, martini, etc) you will pay the difference plus the additional gratuity.

There is no limit to how many drinks - alcohol or non-alcohol - that you can have per day/cruise. Enjoy.

One more question....I'm getting the premium pkg....but does anyone know the cost of martinis....(LIKE A CHOCOLATE ONE) ?? I just don't want any hassle of additional signing/

BABA7

One more question....I'm getting the premium pkg....but does anyone know the cost of martinis....(LIKE A CHOCOLATE ONE) ?? I just don't want any hassle of additional signing/

BABA7

Last year when I was on the Equinox, all Martinis were $10, including the Chocolate ones.

That doesn't include the Martini Flight which is more entertainment than drinks. You watch the bartender exhibit some very skillful "Flair" and produce a series of five or six (I forgot) mini sized martinis. You can sit there are order each of the martinis in the flight, one after another, but they will be the full sized glasses, and they will be covered. But the "Flight" is not covered.

On my last cruises, they stopped selling the packages on the third day of a 7 day cruise.

Last year when I was on the Equinox, all Martinis were $10, including the Chocolate ones.

That doesn't include the Martini Flight which is more entertainment than drinks. You watch the bartender exhibit some very skillful "Flair" and produce a series of five or six (I forgot) mini sized martinis. You can sit there are order each of the martinis in the flight, one after another, but they will be the full sized glasses, and they will be covered. But the "Flight" is not covered.

Thanks Bobby Dee....:D.....not interested in a 'show'....just want my martini with no additional hassle!

BABA7

They add on the 15 percent tip to the package amount. If the package is on sale, they take the amount plus tip, then deduct the discount. Cheers!

The 15% is charged on the full price, not the discounted sale price that is currently going on now until June 22?

Got a PAP for DH, but still on the fence for myself. Not sure I drink enough to justify it.

Jo-Ann

Hi DThomaso,

NOTE that the Celebrity Website has a very annoying "glitch" that as far as I know still hasn't been fixed !! :mad::rolleyes:

(Just another way that Celebrity's Website leaves A LOT TO BE DESIRED !! )

When you book the package on-line it will calculate the 15% Tip TWICE ... so if you are purchasing the Classic Package the TRUE PRICE is for $ 44 US per day x 7 Days = $ 308 PLUS 15% Tip = $ 354.20 (and NOT the $ 407.33 as shown)

The GOOD NEWS is although the website does an incorrect calculation you will be charged the correct amount by Celebrity.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers![/quote

Yes you are right about the problem when booking on line. I have booked things on other cruises without a problem....therefore I just call the 800 phone number to book my beverage package....no problem, all questions answered and I'm set to sail!

BABA7

BABA7

Baba, I ended most nights on my recent Silhouette T/A with a Chocolate Martini at the Martini Bar. Your Premium Package coversthe cost of it completely. (I think it was $12 but didn't get a slip for it.) :):D:)

Hi going to buy the package for myself but the better half doesnt think she will drink that much to cover the $54 per day , if I buy her drinks seperate would they notice if I occassionally gave her one of my beers , how would they know ??:confused:

Hi going to buy the package for myself but the better half doesnt think she will drink that much to cover the $54 per day , if I buy her drinks seperate would they notice if I occassionally gave her one of my beers , how would they know ??:confused:

There is no sharing allowed on the package. Using your package to obtain drinks for others is theft. The ship undoubtedly has loss prevention programs they use to detect/prevent this just as a store has loss prevention programs to deal with shoplifters. I wouldn't want to speculate on the chances of one getting away with it which is what your "how would they know" question implies.

Archived