Under age captians circle

Kineticoh20

Our son was 16 when he reached platinum and he always received the benefits (internet credit was the only one he cared about). His card was the blue one until he reached 18. Sometimes we would have to go see the Captain circle person to have the benefits applied, but they always gave it to him.

My kids age 14 and 17 have 5 cruises with princess. I know they get no perks while juvinile. My question is when they turn 18 do they automaticly get the previous cruises counted?

They do not since they do not have a Captains Circle number to keep track of them. It would be nice if the parents received something like 1/2 credit for each child. My sister and brother-in-law are one day short of Platinum and Princess will not give it to them even though they had 2 daughters on a cruise who received no credit.

Is that true for any age? My Son is turning 3 and this will be his Second Princess cruise. I was under the assumption that he would not retain any of these cruise credits and would need to start over at 18. If this is not the case then this is great. I was thinking it is odd they don't count the cruises since they pay the same fare as adults do.

Is that true for any age? My Son is turning 3 and this will be his Second Princess cruise. I was under the assumption that he would not retain any of these cruise credits and would need to start over at 18. If this is not the case then this is great. I was thinking it is odd they don't count the cruises since they pay the same fare as adults do.

Yes for any age (at least in our experience). Our granddaughter has 2 credits. Our youngest son started cruising at 9 and all cruises were credited to him.

They do not since they do not have a Captains Circle number to keep track of them. It would be nice if the parents received something like 1/2 credit for each child. My sister and brother-in-law are one day short of Platinum and Princess will not give it to them even though they had 2 daughters on a cruise who received no credit.

I agree that if they can't get something for their cruises that the parents should get some sort of credit, again they pay the same price to go on the cruise as adults do.

If your son is registered as a paying passenger they get a CC number and start accruing credits. They just can't use them until 18 (as noted sometimes the CC host will arrange an exception).

There is one exception and that's a fare I haven't seen on Princess in as long as I can remember, but some lines have been known to offer kids sail free programs, and if that happens, there is no credit issued to the free kids.

Edit - That said, I may be wrong. I went to pull up the terms and conditions and found that they were NOT as I remember. Now, they state "Eligible cruises exclude reduced rate fares, such as “Friends and Family,” affiliate, travel agent, and journalist fares and other promotional fares or sailings as Princess may designate from time to time in its sole discretion. Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to participate in the Program." Note the last part. So I am not sure that what I said above still applies.

They get the credit for the cruise. They just don't get the benefits until they turn 18. When I pull up my 6 YO grandson's profile it says he has 5 cruises under his belt and that he is gold. He is one cruise away from getting Platinum status.

Once they turn 18 check their personalizer and make sure all their cruises are on there. If not, you simply have to contact Princess and show proof that they took the cruise and they will get the credit.

At 18 they will be assigned their own CC number and be credited with all the cruises that they took. ;)

Interesting! Our daughter is 22 and she definitely received credit for all her cruises while she was under 18. She went from a blue card to a black Elite card once she was 18. But she never received her own CC number. She is still listed under our number with a "C" attached to the end of it. We will definitely have to talk to the Captain's Circle host on our next cruise to see about this.

Interesting! Our daughter is 22 and she definitely received credit for all her cruises while she was under 18. She went from a blue card to a black Elite card once she was 18. But she never received her own CC number. She is still listed under our number with a "C" attached to the end of it. We will definitely have to talk to the Captain's Circle host on our next cruise to see about this.

all the numbers should be different, mine ends in 312A & my wife ends in 321B so your daughter should be different also but ending in C....the main thing she has the black card

Typically, everyone in the family has the same CC # but one spouse (usually the husband) is given the A suffix, the other spouse the B, and children get C, D, E, etc. They get credit for all cruises taken while still a minor and have a CC #, but they just can't get the Gold, Platinum or Elite card until they reach 18.

all the numbers should be different, mine ends in 312A & my wife ends in 321B so your daughter should be different also but ending in C....the main thing she has the black card

I have no idea why your number and your wife's are different because ours are not! My husband, myself and my daughter all have the same number with an A, B, and C following the CC number. So I stand with what I said that I need to find out about her having her own number for the future.

Typically, everyone in the family has the same CC # but one spouse (usually the husband) is given the A suffix, the other spouse the B, and children get C, D, E, etc. They get credit for all cruises taken while still a minor and have a CC #, but they just can't get the Gold, Platinum or Elite card until they reach 18.

I think this is basically what I stated. We all have the same number with the A,B, or C following. I know she got the credit for her cruises since she went from her blue to her black card once she hit 18. But what I think we need to find out is in the future, when she gets married, she would want her own number. She wouldn't want it attached to ours with her and her family all having our CC number with letters afterwards. She would want to have her own mailings from Princess and offers.

They will use the parents CC number with a letter c,d,e etc.

At 18 they will be assigned their own CC number and be credited with all the cruises that they took. ;)

That's not necessarily true. Both of our sons have kept our Capt. Circle # with the C & D at the end and have not been issued new numbers at all even though they live out on their own now and one of them supports himself (other is in college still).

I'm not sure when they change their number to their own number with an "A". Even when they've cruised since they were 18 in their own cabin, they still kept those same number/letter as before.

When does the change really take place then?

That's not necessarily true. Both of our sons have kept our Capt. Circle # with the C & D at the end and have not been issued new numbers at all even though they live out on their own now and one of them supports himself (other is in college still).

I'm not sure when they change their number to their own number with an "A". Even when they've cruised since they were 18 in their own cabin, they still kept those same number/letter as before.

When does the change really take place then?

You may have to call and have them issued new separate numbers.

I know one of our sons was issed his own new number automatically but the other son we had to call and have the number changed. :)

My kids age 14 and 17 have 5 cruises with princess. I know they get no perks while juvinile. My question is when they turn 18 do they automaticly get the previous cruises counted?

Yes. When my son turned 18 I registered him on the Princess Website and all of his past cruises were listed and his Captain Circle number was automatically linked and shows him as gold.

I have no idea why your number and your wife's are different because ours are not! My husband, myself and my daughter all have the same number with an A, B, and C following the CC number. So I stand with what I said that I need to find out about her having her own number for the future.

I think this is basically what I stated. We all have the same number with the A,B, or C following. I know she got the credit for her cruises since she went from her blue to her black card once she hit 18. But what I think we need to find out is in the future, when she gets married, she would want her own number. She wouldn't want it attached to ours with her and her family all having our CC number with letters afterwards. She would want to have her own mailings from Princess and offers.

Just pulled up our latest booking and this is what our CC # are;

PASSENGERS

Name:

Mrs A..... G......... xxxxxx460B Platinum

Mr Theo G......... xxxxxx479A Platinum

We always cruise together, so I have no idea way some are the same numbers and some are not but I'm sure there is a logic somwhere.:confused:

Theo

My number did not change while I continued to live at my parents house. Could that be the reason she still has the C? When I called CC after I had moved out I was given a new number and my wife and I have A and B.

My number did not change while I continued to live at my parents house. Could that be the reason she still has the C? When I called CC after I had moved out I was given a new number and my wife and I have A and B.

My sons have had their own address for years now and still cruise under the "C" and "D" numbers. I guess I have to call and get them their own "account". But, here's another question: they're both living at the same address now (renting together). Will the older one be an "A" and the younger one a "B"? :confused:

I think the other post is incorrect. I was told that the CC # does not change. They just start getting benefits at 18. If other post is correct why does my DH and I have the same # except different lettering? I am over 18 and my # didn't change. Let us know if you call, but my best guess is she needs to do nothing

My sons have had their own address for years now and still cruise under the "C" and "D" numbers. I guess I have to call and get them their own "account". But, here's another question: they're both living at the same address now (renting together). Will the older one be an "A" and the younger one a "B"? :confused:

Let us know what happens, my brother is I think F on our same number and he has never lived with me but maybe princess thinks he does if it is address related :)

Archived