What is your favourite thing on the menu?

woodsy64

I live in a really rural area. The nearest restaurant with good food is a long way away. One of the things I'm looking forward to on my upcoming cruise is being able to eat some good food any especially try new things. What is your favourite thing on a CC menu that I should try?

GRAND MARNIER SOUFFLE! The best dessert on the high seas!!!

:cool:Bill

Bacon Macaroni and Cheese

Yield = 10 Servings

Brie Cheese 8 oz

Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz

Pasta Macaroni 2 lb

Sour Cream 1 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz

Parmesan Cheese 6 oz

Swiss cheese 6 oz

Half- &-Half Cream 1 pint

Heavy cream 1.5 qt

Cheddar 12 oz

Apple wood Smoked Bacon 2 lbs

Chicken Breast 3 oz 10 ea.

White pepper to taste

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half; bring it to boil. Slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, (half the quantity) cheddar cheese and, and sour cream. Season well. Boil macaroni in salted water drain fold in the cheese sauce. Add cooked bacon to the macaroni. Pour 6 oz of pasta in the center of the pasta bowl. Arrange dices of fresh mozzarella on the top of the pasta.

Hand chop rest of the cheddar cheese and mix with grated parmesan, and sprinkle it over the macaroni. Place for two minutes under a broiled to gratinate. Serve with grilled chicken breast and garnish with a crisp rasher of apple-wood smoked bacon and a parsley sprig.

Yes... What is in it? The one dish looks like chickpeas.... So yummy. I can't wait to have this. Indian food is my ultimate fave. :D

I don't recall what was it it, but it was superb! Plus all the indian food at the Tandoor station by pool deck was fantastic as well (and there never seemed to be much of a line at lunch time- great particulary on a sea day!).

I don't know about a favorite, but I have a similar issue, as the closest town is entirely chain restaurants so we have to drive 2 hours to Memphis for "good" food. I highly reccommend the Chef's table if you have the extra to do it with. It was a wonderful experience and awesome food and you get to try many things. I can say it was the highlight of my trip

sorry i wasnt fighting just trying to understand why you thought it was like cafeteria food:)

Rottweiler Puppy lives down in Ft. Lauderdale...you can go there for a month and never eat at the same restaurant twice...TOO many amazing places to choose from...although he didn't list my favorite in the area...:eek:

We live just south of Atlantic City so we are overwhelmed with high end, quality restaurants. We do go to them on occasion but I am not enough of a foodie to pay $250 for dinner each time I go out. We think CCL food is good, not great, not gourmet, but good. Other lines are better, but you will also pay for them...

Some things are definately better than others. Now, my faves were the St. Louis Ribs, the Short Ribs, the Chautebriand, the BACON MAC AND CHEESE and the bitter and blanc and grand marnier souffle.

OP, just remeber if you see more than one entree you want to try but know you can't eat 2 entrees, most things can be made in an appetizer size.

Bacon Macaroni and Cheese

Yield = 10 Servings

Brie Cheese 8 oz

Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz

Pasta Macaroni 2 lb

Sour Cream 1 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz

Parmesan Cheese 6 oz

Swiss cheese 6 oz

Half- &-Half Cream 1 pint

Heavy cream 1.5 qt

Cheddar 12 oz

Apple wood Smoked Bacon 2 lbs

Chicken Breast 3 oz 10 ea.

White pepper to taste

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half; bring it to boil. Slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, (half the quantity) cheddar cheese and, and sour cream. Season well. Boil macaroni in salted water drain fold in the cheese sauce. Add cooked bacon to the macaroni. Pour 6 oz of pasta in the center of the pasta bowl. Arrange dices of fresh mozzarella on the top of the pasta.

Hand chop rest of the cheddar cheese and mix with grated parmesan, and sprinkle it over the macaroni. Place for two minutes under a broiled to gratinate. Serve with grilled chicken breast and garnish with a crisp rasher of apple-wood smoked bacon and a parsley sprig.

:eek:! I guess anything is good with heavy cream, Half and Half, several cheeses and bacon - oh and sour cream. I think I gained 10 1bs just reading that - lol!

:eek:! I guess anything is good with heavy cream, Half and Half, several cheeses and bacon - oh and sour cream. I think I gained 10 1bs just reading that - lol!

I am surprised that it has swiss cheese in it as I HATE it and can usually taste it in anything. I guess with all of the other flavors and health foods in there it masked the taste!:D

sorry i wasnt fighting just trying to understand why you thought it was like cafeteria food:)

Its cool and sorry for going on the defensive like that.

I have been fighting a cold and seemed to have been wearing my grumpy pants lately. What made it worse is I rode my bike down to the inlet and watched Cruise ships head out and was jealous I wasnt on them.

Beer is on me if we ever bump into each other on a cruise.

The RIBS..I always order two.....

I LOVE the ribs..I actually ordered one other entree that night and then decided to also order the ribs to split w/DH. Well, I had wished I ordered two of the ribs and not the other entree (I cannot remember what it was). Those ribs are "meat just falls off the bone" kind...yummy!

I also love the chilled soups, the escargot, the stuffed mushrooms, the shrimp cocktail, the lobster tails (got two of them) and the prime rib.

Ok ..that's it, now I'm hungry!:D

We have a bunch of favorites....where do we start?

The fresh bread, French Onion Soup, Pumpkin Soup, escargots, prime rib, lobster, Baked Alaska, chocolate cake, creme brulee, cheesecake, pizza, deli sandwiches, various salads, chicken kiev, surf and turf, stuffed mushrooms, blackened chicken breast, and probably just about everything else on the menu!

That is awesome! I have never tried the Asparagus Vischyssoise, but it is now on my to do list :D

I confess that I actually found the recipe and made it tonight, even though I'm cruising this Sunday. It was good, but not nearly as good as it is on board!

I am not a dessert person, and just realized my favorite food on a Carnival ship is Bitter and Blanc.

I came to the conclusion when booking my Steak House reservations. The Bitter and Blanc night is the one night I do not want to miss in the MDR.

I can't wait to try the Indian entree. I wish they had more than one.

From what I've read- they do. It is on the "everyday" menu now, and you get something different every time. (This may not be true, but it is my understanding of how it works.)

It used to just be available the first night, or if you ordered special meals through guest services. I am excited it is now an everyday option!

On this cruise my favoite thing was the crayfish appetizer. Seemed to be in a mayo base with lots of crunchy celery. It had been formed into some sort of mold (actually like a fancy feast cat food can) put on the plate, looked very nice. Frankly if I could have had 3-4 orders (it was small) and some of the chewy french bread I would have been very content...that good. Lydia of Ohio

Archived