What is your favourite thing on the menu?

woodsy64

I live in a really rural area. The nearest restaurant with good food is a long way away. One of the things I'm looking forward to on my upcoming cruise is being able to eat some good food any especially try new things. What is your favourite thing on a CC menu that I should try?

It's kind of simple but I have never had a bad one either in the Main Dining Room or on the Lido Deck--The Flat Iron Steak.

If you go to the Steak House I recommend French Onion Soup and the Filet.

Breakfast is our favorite meal and the variety is amazing--we like the BLT Quiche.

Enjoy

I live in a really rural area. The nearest restaurant with good food is a long way away. One of the things I'm looking forward to on my upcoming cruise is being able to eat some good food any especially try new things. What is your favourite thing on a CC menu that I should try?

I always look forward to the Escargot (app), Hudson Duck (M.C) and the Bitter and Blanc (Dessert)

I LOVED the chocolate molten lava cake :D the grilled chicken was great and the chili tiger shrimp (not the correct name; but they are fried shrimp with a chili sauce) were delicious. The stuffed poblano pepper was good as well.

Room service: Chicken Fajita Wrap!!!

We look forward to escargot in the dining room. I love the old Indian vegetarian entree, so I look forward to the new daily ones. DH loves the Tom Kai guy soup. I like the Buffalo Mozzarella and Tomato, the Quesadilla appetizer, and the stuffed mushroom appetizer and really enjoyed the Penne Vodka. Oh and the scones with cream at tea time! And DH loves the calzones.

We have never enjoyed a chilled soup and I don't care for most of the beef in the dining room, but otherwise, nothing has been bad. For the most part I skip dessert, but I've enjoyed getting a fruit plate after dinner- there is just too much to eat. I plan to try bitter and blanc this go round. I was disappointed by the baked alaska, maybe I just didn't know what to expect. Overall though, we cruise for food!

The Vegetarian Indian food is available everyday on the "Everyday Menu". My son had it every night and loved it!!

Does that dish actually come with 2 plates of food? I recognize the rice and the cucumber/onion/tomato, but what is all the other stuff?

It looks interesting and I'm determined to try a lot of new food when I go in July.

On our last cruise I had the pumpkin pot pie. I loved it. Had it on the first leg but it was the first night & I was just to tired to enjoy. So the second leg had it again ate it all but the couple bites Larry had, he wasn't crazy about it. Ofcourse the escargot & stuffed mushrooms. ;)

Does that dish actually come with 2 plates of food? I recognize the rice and the cucumber/onion/tomato, but what is all the other stuff?

It looks interesting and I'm determined to try a lot of new food when I go in July.

Yes... What is in it? The one dish looks like chickpeas.... So yummy. I can't wait to have this. Indian food is my ultimate fave. :D

I too love the chilled soups, the strawberry and bing cherry are my favorite.

Best new appetizer-the gator fritters, not so much for the fritter, but for the dipping sauce.

I love the lobster, but really, they are too small to be taken from their mommies:eek:, luckily they are served with three large shrimp:). Second to that is the St. Louis Ribs.

Best new entree-the Bacon Mac and Cheese

Best dessert-the Bitter and Blanc, second to that is the Black Forest Gateau. However my DH would tell you the best MDR dessert is the Chocolate Melting Cake. Somestimes he has to eat two desserts just to remind himself that he loves the melting cake the best:rolleyes:. Enjoy it all, if you don't like something, then your wait staff will find you something you do like.

Best Lido deck meal? Have the pizza staff make you an order of garlic cheese bread, and share it with someone, it's great with a salad!

And don't miss tea, it's not just the scones that are heavenly!

My favorite is the Indian food. There used to be a vegetarian meal served the first evening on the old menu. I had it in Sept 2010, absolutely loved it. Now they offer an indian vegetarian meal every evening, so looking forward to that. I love the pumpkin soup, and the beef barley soup. I also love the seafood dishes, norwegian grilled salmon and mahi mahi among others. For dessert I love the creme brule, and the diet orange cake, coconut cake and lemon cakes. I have a long list of favorites.:)

Archived