Spring 2012 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

I know Kim's outfit isn't cruise ready, but I really liked the idea of the fabric flowers coming up the skirt and across the bodice.

Don't know if Brooke's dress needed the glittery bits on it. I thought the ombre fabric and the gathers/folds were enough decoration.

Looks like the only one I missed was Derek. I'll watch him next week on my pvr or youtube it tomorrow.

I gotten over the STARS part of DWTS.;) It's just a fun, entertaining show to watch, no crime, dysfunctional families, weird obsession, etc.

I agree with everyone that it was one of the best start ups yet. If they all continue dancing like they did tonight, it's going to be a good season. The only one I wasn't impressed with was Melissa Gilbert.

Cheryl Burke's thighs looked huge. And what was with the gold coins outfit....yikes.

Just finished watching - what a fun show! I love Brooke's dress. She's using a new last name, isn't she? Brooke Burke-something I don't recall at the moment.

I need to get up to snuff on everybody's names. I only recognize Gladys Knight, Melissa Gilbert and Urkel, LOL.

Telanovella is hot, but I didn't think his dancing was that great. Not sure I care, though.:D

But the line of the night goes to Sherri Shepherd.:D:D

Brooke married her long time live in boyfried David Charvet (of Baywatch) last year and used that name on the 2011 fall season shows. I heard that she chose to use both names to make things easier for dealing with schools, traveling, etc...since they both had kids from previous relationships and they have at least one together.

Sent from my K080 using Tapatalk

I really liked Brooke's dress last night and thought it was one of her best.

Last night's show was interesting in that no one was painful to watch (think Ron Artest last year) and they all seemed to be capable of becoming really good.

Jalee White was surprisingly good, very smooth in his fox trot but it will be interesting to see what he can do with a cha cha or jive. I thought the Disney kid was cute but not sure he will do well with the smooth dances.

The Hispanic Hottie,well, my husband said he did not think he did much dancing but, to quote several from the show, "Thank you, ABC!"

Sherri:)

Monday, March 26, Season 14: Wowee! Brooke has a fabulous buttercup yellow gown. I'm not really crazy about the neckline which is rather revealing, but typical of Brooke. The skirt is very full, floor length and daintily gathered. There is sequin sparkle on the bodice. Brooke looks terrific in bright yellow.

The neckline is cut out displaying Brooke's generous cleavage. On a cruise ship, this gown would make men's eyes bulge out, no doubt. It is certainly an attention getting gown, not for the shy and faint of heart to wear (meaning me.:D)

I'm convinced Chelsea Hightower has trimmed down quite a bit and she looks really good. I always thought she was cute, but she looks awesome this year.

Carrie Ann looks spectacular. Very chic. I think Brooke's dress would have been much better without the expanse of boobage. Plus, it really looks like you're seeing the fakeness of those boobs with the side shots when she's interviewing. It almost looks like you can see the surgical scars. It would have been absolutely beautiful if it weren't so revealing.

Carrie Ann looks spectacular. Very chic. I think Brooke's dress would have been much better without the expanse of boobage. Plus, it really looks like you're seeing the fakeness of those boobs with the side shots when she's interviewing. It almost looks like you can see the surgical scars. It would have been absolutely beautiful if it weren't so revealing.

Absolutely agree.

Gladys Knight's gown is so graceful and flows beautifully. It is a perfect gown for her. The fabric is the color of the ocean, all ripples of blue tones. Gladys is doing really well in my opinion and she inspires me as we are the same age.

I can really see her gown on a cruise ship formal night. The dress is a winner.

Sorry, I just didn't think Martina Navratilova's outfit was becoming at all. I admire her effort though.

I agree with you on both counts....actually, she looked worse

last night than last week (in my opinion). I thought the outfit?

A net?:eek:....if that was supposed to be relating to her tennis days?

It did not work for me.

I would have worn that dress in a second if it didn't have the cutout. It cheapened a classy gown. For me either leave it with the higher square neck or make it a deep vee, not both.

Marina's outfit gave her a thick waist on my tv. Had guts to try it though.

I want to like Derek's partner Maria, but her dancing both weeks leaves me a little flat. No excitement generated or something...

Thought the judges went too gaga over the latin hunk and the opera singer for it only being the second week.

I really liked Gladys Knight's dress, especially the colors. Brooke's dress was very pretty and I liked it from the front but in side views her boobs looked odd.

Not sure why Len gave Gladys a 5, granted, her quick step was not the liveliest but it was not that bad. I'm really surprised by the opera singer, I thought she did a really good jive. Would love to have her pink shoes to dance in! (Also would love to have her legs:D)

Sherri:)

Tuesday Night Results Show, March 27, 2012:Brooke is in a really weird mini-length strapless cocktail dress. The basic dress might be all right, but there is a really unorthodox sparkling architectural decorative design element in a contrasting fabric that reminds me of modern art. It looks like an afterthought, as if the designer said, "This dress is too plain. Let's see. What can I do to shake things up a bit? Oh, I know. I'll stick on this stiff beaded stuff that makes the dress look off balance and quirky."

This design feature does not enhance the dress nor does it enhance Brooke's enviable figure. In fact, it hides her figure. I find it a distraction.

On a positive note--the fabric of the basic dress is a lovely pale pink or pale mauve with a very subtle wide stripe. Brooke looks beautiful in that pale color which looks wonderful with her hair.

Brooke's dress was one of my least liked, even out of all the dresses the previous co-host Samantha wore. It seemed stiff, like a student project where they had to make a dress from upolstery fabric.

I would have liked the loser to have stayed another week and the second worst to have left last night, but that's just my choice. I think they had the bottom two right.

Martina had by far the worse dance on Monday and just so-so the week before; she was the right one to go. I was so impressed with how great she looked last week--this weeks outfit was horrible though and made her look thick where she's not thick. It would have been a travesty if anyone else went home.

Lots of pretty dresses on the dance floor and over all a very high quality of dance for the first nights.

Brooke's yellow dress was so pretty except for the huge cut-out over her breasts; not flattering at all in that area but it was hard not to focus right there! Last weeks blu-ish dress was very nice except for a few too many details. The pink thing last night was just weird.

I agree that Martina was the worst and it was her time, but I'm just sorry that I won't be seeing any more tennis icons in the audience. Never in my life would I have imagined Jimmy Connors in the DWTS audience!

And I don't think her "thick-waisted" look was due to any fashion faux pas. Martina seems to have the "undefined waist" body type.

Peta wore the most adorable fifties style dress with multiple petticoats. I remember when I had a few dresses like that in my teen years. Hers was even prettier than anything I had. I would have cherished her dress as a teen.

When I saw that dress, it reminded me of my mom. She had one just like that in the late 50's, and she made it herself !!!!!! Yes, she did the embroidery on the skirt all herself and it was absolutely beautiful. My mom made all our clothes and did the whole mother/daughter thing with the matching dresses----she even made all my Barbie clothes which wasn't easy with all the tiny detail work. In a different time, mom would have made a great designer.

I agree that Martina was the worst and it was her time, but I'm just sorry that I won't be seeing any more tennis icons in the audience. Never in my life would I have imagined Jimmy Connors in the DWTS audience!

And I don't think her "thick-waisted" look was due to any fashion faux pas. Martina seems to have the "undefined waist" body type.

Well, I agree, she probably is pretty straight up-and-down--ha, ha, so am I, especially at my age!--but I still think that net thing did nothing to flatter her.

It was neat seeing the tennis people in the audience. Quite a few 'celebs' at the shows so far.

I don't know if Chelsie has lost weight, but her partner needs to put on some. Tuesday's show had a clip of them practicing wearing shorts and his legs were half the size of hers.

Karina's dress was pretty and retro this week also. The leopard print bra under the sheer top could be replaced with a cami or corset for cruising.

At least Martina didn't put Tony through that drama of last season.....

Did anyone see the comments he made to Anderson Cooper?;)

Anderson interviewed him and Martina....he asked Tony about

Dancing with Kate....Tony replied, "That was dancing""?....it didn't

come out mean and it was funny:D

Archived