2013 Cruises From UK Infinity & Eclipse

RichKath

Living in the UK I am happy that I have a choice. Instead of just the Med, which I have done many times and love it, I have decided to try the Iceland cruise. Something different and should be spectacular. Infact I wished X would do a British Isles 12 night cruise.

Living in the UK I am happy that I have a choice. Instead of just the Med, which I have done many times and love it, I have decided to try the Iceland cruise. Something different and should be spectacular. Infact I wished X would do a British Isles 12 night cruise.

Me too.. if Celebrity or Royal doesn't do it, I will do Princess. That's my goal for 2013.

Taken from a UK TA website (apologies if it is the same as the first post - I haven't been able to check each one).

Eclipse

Norwegian Fjords from Southampton

3rd May 2013 (8 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Molde, Alesund, Flaam, Bergen, Stavanger, Southampton

Ultimate Mediterranean from Southampton

11th May 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Malaga, Provence, Florence and Pisa, Rome, Nice, Gibraltar, Lisbon, Southampton

Scandinavia & Russia from Southampton

25th May 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Bruges, Berlin, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Copenhagen, Southampton

8th Jun 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Bruges, Berlin, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Copenhagen, Southampton

22nd Jun 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Bruges, Berlin, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Copenhagen, Southampton

Iceland & Fjords from Southampton

6th Jul 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Reykjavik, Akureyri, Faroe Islands, Geiranger, Flam, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Southampton...

20th Jul 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Bruges, Berlin, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Copenhagen, Southampton

Iceland & Fjords from Southampton

3rd Aug 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Reykjavik, Akureyri, Faroe Islands, Geiranger, Alesund, Olden, Stavanger, Southampton

17th Aug 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Bruges, Berlin, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Copenhagen, Southampton

Norwegian Fjords from Southampton

31st Aug 2013 (8 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Bergen, Flam, Geiranger, Alesund, Stavanger, Southampton

8th Sep 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Malaga, Nice, Rome, Florence and Pisa, Genoa, Gibraltar, Lisbon, Southampton

22nd Sep 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Malaga, Nice, Rome, Florence and Pisa, Genoa, Gibraltar, Lisbon, Southampton

Canaries & Azores from Southampton

6th Oct 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Ponta Delgada, Azores, Madeira, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Lisbon...

Canaries & Azores from Southampton

20th Oct 2013 (14 nights)Ports of Call: Southampton, Ponta Delgada, Azores, Madeira, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Lisbon...

Infinity

British Isles

13th May 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris, St. Peter Port, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Glasgow, Inverness, Harwich

Norwegian Fjords from Harwich

24th May 2013 (10 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Oslo, Stavanger, Olden, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Harwich

British Isles

3rd Jun 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris, St. Peter Port, Cork, Waterford, Dublin, Liverpool, Glasgow, Inverness, Harwich

14th Jun 2013 (10 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Oslo, Stavanger, Olden, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Harwich

Iceland & Fjords from Harwich

24th Jun 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Tórshavn, Reykjavik, Shetland Islands, Geiranger, Bergen, Harwich

5th Jul 2013 (10 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Oslo, Stavanger, Olden, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Harwich

15th Jul 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Tórshavn, Reykjavik, Shetland Islands, Geiranger, Bergen, Harwich

26th Jul 2013 (10 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Oslo, Kristiansand, Stavanger, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Harwich

British Isles

5th Aug 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris, St. Peter Port, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Glasgow, Inverness, Harwich

British Isles

26th Aug 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris, St. Peter Port, Cork, Waterford, Dublin, Liverpool, Glasgow, Inverness, Harwich

Immersive Wine Cruise from Harwich

6th Sep 2013 (12 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris (from Le Havre), Paris (from Le Havre), Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Bilbao, Vigo, Porto-Portugal..

18th Sep 2013 (12 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris (from Le Havre), Paris (from Le Havre), Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Bilbao, Vigo, Porto-Portugal...

30th Sep 2013 (12 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris (from Le Havre), Paris (from Le Havre), Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Bilbao, Vigo, Porto-Portugal...

12th Oct 2013 (12 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris (from Le Havre), Paris (from Le Havre), Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Bilbao, Vigo, Porto-Portugal...

After a few years doing ex-Southampton cruises (including this year), I think we might be interested in a Mediterranean fly-cruise with X for 2013. Some of this year's itineraries out of Barcelona and Venice look very attractive, and if they have similar ones planned for next year then we might be tempted.

We became disenchanted with Celebrity fly cruises because of the flight arrangements: the only direct flights (with X) to e.g. Rome were from Heathrow, which meant extra hassle in the arrangements. I still get cold sweats thinking abut one journey back north - we landed at Heathrow at 5:30pm, then what with one thing and another it was about 7pm before we got on the road, and we didn't get home until almost midnight, with both of us nearly asleep - and driving. We decided afterwards that we wouldn't do it again.

What's changed since then is the expansion of a budget airline (Jet2) operating from local airports in the north of England that has direct flights to Barcelona, Rome and Venice. It also has half-way sensible policies about luggage. In fact, I think X actually use them for departures from Leeds Bradford and maybe Manchester.

So roll on the information about the Med 2013 schedule!

Very disappointed with lack of choice in School hols. As we have two teachers in our family we won't be choosing either of these ships. We are doing the Baltic cruise this summer and have already done Fjords etc. Shame both ships are doing the Fjords trip (26th July,5th of Aug) consequently.

I wonder if Celebrity are doing this to discourage families with children. The first cruise we did on the Eclipse in 2010 had over 500 children on board and there was a lot of complaints about the pool staff not keeping them out of the Adult pools. The children were not particularly badly behaved just 'neglected' by their parents and this left large groups of children wondering around aimlessly or playing on the stairs/elevators etc. If this is the case perhapes Celebrity should think about an Adult only cruise from a British port.

I should think the British Isles cruise could be popular with all except the British.

We too will be flying to the Med. Celebrity do arrange direct flights with Monarch from Manchester to Barcelona but you have to book early. We were told this year that Celebrity will no longer use Jet2 from Manchester.

Other than that I agree I. Would never use Celebrity again to fly to Venice or Rome as each flight took over 9 hours when you include stop overs. We will use a direct flight the day before and enjoy a longer holiday.

Taken from a UK TA website (apologies if it is the same as the first post - I haven't been able to check each one).

Infinity

British Isles

13th May 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris, St. Peter Port, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Glasgow, Inverness, Harwich

24th May 2013 (10 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Oslo, Stavanger, Olden, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Harwich

British Isles

3rd Jun 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris, St. Peter Port, Cork, Waterford, Dublin, Liverpool, Glasgow, Inverness, Harwich

14th Jun 2013 (10 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Oslo, Stavanger, Olden, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Harwich

24th Jun 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Tórshavn, Reykjavik, Shetland Islands, Geiranger, Bergen, Harwich

5th Jul 2013 (10 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Oslo, Stavanger, Olden, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Harwich

15th Jul 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Tórshavn, Reykjavik, Shetland Islands, Geiranger, Bergen, Harwich

26th Jul 2013 (10 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Oslo, Kristiansand, Stavanger, Alesund, Geiranger, Flam, Bergen, Harwich

British Isles

5th Aug 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris, St. Peter Port, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Glasgow, Inverness, Harwich

British Isles

26th Aug 2013 (11 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris, St. Peter Port, Cork, Waterford, Dublin, Liverpool, Glasgow, Inverness, Harwich

6th Sep 2013 (12 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris (from Le Havre), Paris (from Le Havre), Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Bilbao, Vigo, Porto-Portugal..

18th Sep 2013 (12 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris (from Le Havre), Paris (from Le Havre), Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Bilbao, Vigo, Porto-Portugal...

30th Sep 2013 (12 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris (from Le Havre), Paris (from Le Havre), Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Bilbao, Vigo, Porto-Portugal...

12th Oct 2013 (12 nights)Ports of Call: Harwich, Paris (from Le Havre), Paris (from Le Havre), Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Bilbao, Vigo, Porto-Portugal...

Looks like there should be a 10 day after the Aug 5 sailing and the Aug 26th sailing. Must be another 10 day to the Norwegian Fjords?

Still not very excited about planned cruise routes for 2013 from UK, my wife and I don't do cold, only hot climates on holiday. Might suit those from hotter climates such as US, but I like the sun on my old bones.

Most UK residents have enough of cold and once you have seen one mountain or a lump of ice - wow! -next.

So Celebrity if you are monitoring this thread how about some future Eastern Med and Black sea cruises sailing from Southampton and not stopping at Lisbon, Malaga or Nice on the way, because most of us have done that and got the T-shirt.

Geoff

NR Cambridge

UK

......that there are no Western or Eastern Med cruises from Southampton next year during the summer hols. We really enjoyed our cruise on Eclipse in 2010 in August but really can't see the kids being interested in Scandinavia. Might have to postpone for another year and hope for 2014!

Justin

Still not very excited about planned cruise routes for 2013 from UK, my wife and I don't do cold, only hot climates on holiday. Might suit those from hotter climates such as US, but I like the sun on my old bones.

Most UK residents have enough of cold and once you have seen one mountain or a lump of ice - wow! -next.

So Celebrity if you are monitoring this thread how about some future Eastern Med and Black sea cruises sailing from Southampton and not stopping at Lisbon, Malaga or Nice on the way, because most of us have done that and got the T-shirt.

Geoff

NR Cambridge

UK

We would second this!!!!!

Sue

Archived