Facebook and Roll Calls

crusinpeg

Just curious...it seems that some roll calls are really slow lately..and I was wondering if it had anything to do with more people being on Facebook. I for one am not a Facebook person but I was curious if more people were posting there instread of Cruise Critic.

I find the ones on CC much better. First of all, there are a lot more people on the CC roll calls. We have planned a number of excursions with people on CC Roll Calls. There has not been any mention of private excursions on the FB roll call except an occasional message to join the CC one for info on tours.

I joined Princess on Facebook but would never sign up or discuss any trip or vacation there. Other than my closest friends, I don't want people to know I will not be home at a certain time.

Agreed. I will post about it when I get back- but nothing before!

I try to stay on top of our Facebook Roll Call as well as our CC Meet & Greet. The FB one is kind of slow. I try hard to push the "come join us!" link on FB to get those people to join Cruise Critic. But in the end, I just end up copying the same stuff to both places (mainly where the Meet & Greet is.) Some people like one of the two versions better. Some have joined both. It's a neat concept, in theory.

We have a Closed Group on Facebook for our cruise, so it's private. It's by invitation only. Although it was mentioned on our CC roll call, the CC monitors didn't like that and we were scolded.

Our Facebook closed group is extremely active and fun, much better than our CC roll call, which is also active and fun, just not as much.

HAL has been running roll calls on their blog page.

Doesn't seem to be all that busy to take away from CruiseCritic roll calls.

Some CC Roll Calls just seem to be busier than others.

We have a Closed Group on Facebook for our cruise, so it's private. It's by invitation only. Although it was mentioned on our CC roll call, the CC monitors didn't like that and we were scolded.

Our Facebook closed group is extremely active and fun, much better than our CC roll call, which is also active and fun, just not as much.

Do you think having a closed group has the potential of creating animosity between the people on the FB rollcall and the CC rollcall? On our recent Ruby cruise (Oct 2011) we had several people (facebook) putting down (talking trash) about several participants from the CC roll call.

Bob

Do you think having a closed group has the potential of creating animosity between the people on the FB rollcall and the CC rollcall? On our recent Ruby cruise (Oct 2011) we had several people (facebook) putting down (talking trash) about several participants from the CC roll call.

Bob

I have several cruises booked and have been on both Roll Calls (CC & Princess on FB) and have not seen any problems like that. The CC ones are much more active and are planning shore excursions, Meet & Greets, etc. None of this is happening on FB

Archived