GeTTING MARRIED ON CRUISE??

nandosgirl

:)

Hello all,

My fiance and I are planning to get married on 12/28/12.........we want a destination wedding -however due to the time of year............it is really expensive -- a travel agent suggested a CRUISE as an idea --- I see the GEM (which I am going on for the first time on 3/11/12) has a CRUISE on 12/22/12 which works out perfectly for our wedding plans........

I tried calling the 800 number my travel agent gave me without any response

Was wondering if anyone else has been married on an NCL Cruise --- any suggestions??

Any benefits??

Hello all,

My fiance and I are planning to get married on 12/28/12.........we want a destination wedding -however due to the time of year............it is really expensive -- a travel agent suggested a CRUISE as an idea --- I see the GEM (which I am going on for the first time on 3/11/12) has a CRUISE on 12/22/12 which works out perfectly for our wedding plans........

Was wondering if anyone else has been married on an NCL Cruise --- any suggestions??

Any benefits??

Go to the NCL we site: clink on site site on the left hand side will be: Weddings and Romance-see what it says. It sounds like a great idea to me, however being just before Christmas, it might be a little difficult to book enough cabins for all your family and friends. Cruises around the holidays fill very fast and are more expensive. I hope you have a great wedding, wherever you decide to hold it.

Go to the NCL we site: clink on site site on the left hand side will be: Weddings and Romance-see what it says. It sounds like a great idea to me, however being just before Christmas, it might be a little difficult to book enough cabins for all your family and friends. Cruises around the holidays fill very fast and are more expensive. I hope you have a great wedding, wherever you decide to hold it.

Can you send me a link to where you saw it on the NCL site?? I can't find it.

We will be having a small amount of people coming with us so it shouldn't be that difficult if I can convince my future sister in law and daughter whom are both terrified of cruises to come.

Can you send me a link to where you saw it on the NCL site?? I can't find it.

We will be having a small amount of people coming with us so it shouldn't be that difficult if I can convince my future sister in law and daughter whom are both terrified of cruises to come.

Check out Lipz's review of her wedding on NCL Jewel (Gem's sister ship)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1462186

She posts on the CC Wedding boards and should be able to answer many of your questions. The NCL wedding brochure is located here...

https://www.theweddingexperience.com/nclweddingaisle

Good luck with your wedding plans!

It sounds like you may need a new travel agent. Why isn't your travel agent helping you out and telling you to call the 800 number. That should be his or her job!

Scott

Your TA gave you an 800 # to call? Why are you using a TA?

"For additional information on, availability and package pricing, of Wedding Packages only, please contact The Wedding Experience Coordinators from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST, (Monday through Friday) or call toll free: 1.800.392.3472, direct: 305.421.1280, or email us at ncl@theweddingexperience.com."

If your intent is to be married on the ship by the captain while at sea, you can't do that on NCL or most cruise lines. NCL's ships are registered in the Bahamas, which does not give ship captains the authority to perform weddings. Princess and Cunard ship captains can perform weddings at sea as those ships are registered in Bermuda, which permits it. Celebrity ships are registered in Malta, which also permits captains to perform weddings at sea.

On the other hand you can have a wedding performed on an NCL ship by an officiant of your choosing on embarkation day while in port.

Planning a wedding to take place in a port of call during your cruise is risky business...sometimes ships have to skip a port call due to weather conditions. If that happens your wedding day goes up in smoke.

My wife and I want to renew our vows and contacted our PCC. They gave us a phone number. It was an outside NCL company. They explained they cannot do the wedding at sea, it had to be in port of origin. We opted to renew our vows to each other, in front of our parents and children.

You can't marry at sea on NCL. It must be before embarkation or at a port. Princess can marry you at sea by the Captain. My daughter chose this and think it was about $2000 not including the post wedding dinner we hosted

DD was married at Sea by the Captain on Celebrity. Getting all the documents required to obtain a Maltese wedding was "an adventure in bureaucracy!" Then there was the "fun" of dealing with "The Wedding Experience," Celebrity's required wedding coordinator and intermediary with the Maltese Government.

I second those posters recommending the Weddings board as a source for information. Any wedding on board ship (at Sea by the Captain or before departure) will be expensive and involved. You will need to use the cruise line's "independent" contractor - a monopoly.

Just another opinion. Think I'd forget the wedding ON the ship. Plan a wedding at a desintation (Puerto Rico) then take a cruise from that port. Your guests could go with you on the cruise, or return home and let you and hubby enjoy the cruise by yourselves.

My last two cruises, we were not able to stop at the two ports I had booked the cruises to see. High winds can be nasty guys. So while I had decent cruises, I missed the ports I really wanted to see. So choosing a cruise for ports isn't necessarily always a good thing.

We noticed several brides carrying wedding dresses onboard last year on our NCL cruise to Bermuda. I talked to one of them. She was getting married in Bermuda. I would think that destination would be a good choice because you are usually in port for 3 days.

Where ever your plans take you, have a blessed day!

Just another opinion. Think I'd forget the wedding ON the ship. Plan a wedding at a desintation (Puerto Rico) then take a cruise from that port. Your guests could go with you on the cruise, or return home and let you and hubby enjoy the cruise by yourselves.

My last two cruises, we were not able to stop at the two ports I had booked the cruises to see. High winds can be nasty guys. So while I had decent cruises, I missed the ports I really wanted to see. So choosing a cruise for ports isn't necessarily always a good thing.

I would suggest something like this as well. Get married on Miami Beach!! You can have a lovely beach wedding and those who don't want to go on the cruise can get to Miami without having to slpend for the crusie portion. Then those that want to cruise can get on the ship and party away. You can have a group dinner reception in one of the specialtty restaruants or set up something with the Maitre d' for a large group dinner in the MDR.

You also have no problems with missing a port and possibly your wedding and there is a lot less 'unknown' stuff. My friend's daughter got married in Nassau last year on a cruise and honestly she didn't have much information from the wedding company on how things were going to work, they kept saying X costs this much and Y will be this much and we'll set everything up when you get on board. I'd rather have everything set up by a Miami wedding planner and at least you less worries.

We are traveling on the Epic in November. The ship stops in St Thomas and we are all getting off the ship and taking a shuttle to Megan's Bay for my sons wedding. There are actually wedding planners in St Thomas that are very reasonable. Keep in mind you have to make a stop at the court house to get a marriage license. The wedding planner can arrange for everything you need.

We noticed several brides carrying wedding dresses onboard last year on our NCL cruise to Bermuda. I talked to one of them. She was getting married in Bermuda. I would think that destination would be a good choice because you are usually in port for 3 days.

Where ever your plans take you, have a blessed day!

My daughter got married just this past September in Bermuda at the Elbow Beach Hotel, overlooking the beach. We sailed out of Bayonne, NJ on a 5 day cruise on RCCL, Explorer of the Seas, with 49 family & friends. The ship docked for 2 days in Kings Wharf. It was a beautiful experience! We used a wedding coordinator in Bermuda. I can't imagine doing a destination wedding without one.

Archived