Wow...that was wierd....

Stand pat...stand pat!! No one can kick you out if you don't want to!! :eek: :)

they can and will kick you out of your picked cabin. they have the right to do so. had this happen twice at the last minute as we were checking in on another cruise line. to be fair they moved us to a balcony from an ocean view. but ireally wanted this particular ocean view. cannot figure out why.

bia

they can and will kick you out of your picked cabin. they have the right to do so. had this happen twice at the last minute as we were checking in on another cruise line. to be fair they moved us to a balcony from an ocean view. but ireally wanted this particular ocean view. cannot figure out why.

bia

That's called an upgrade.:) It is possible to mark your reservation "do not upgrade," and most of the time the line will honor that request. And most upgrades are made for reasons that we mere mortals do not understand.

Why should Nancy say Thank You for getting back a cabin that was hers since May of 2011?

But it wasn't her cabin in May of 2011.

RCI reps will tell you anything they want you to hear and it's called CYA. I wonder why RCI didn't settle this yesterday? Maybe Nancy's TA got involved.

Let's face it, somebody at RCI made a big mistake. It's been settled and I do hope that both Pat and Nancy meet and have a wonderful cruise.

Exactly, it was Nancy's cabin in May of 2011. She, like me, books cruises well in advance to get a specific cabin (esp. on a b2b!). I am sure IslandLady is a wonderful person, but to refer to her "agreeing" to move from 1100 as "gracious" when we don't even know how things would have played out if she hadn't (I, for one, would've somehow made sure RCCL got the cabin I booked in May back and then the person they mistakenly gave it to would not have had a choice, nor been considered gracious).

And although I agree that Nancy should be grateful she (and Pat, too) don't have to worry about resolving their cabin situation any more (don't we all have plenty to worry about most days anyhow?), I completely disagree that Nancy owes ANYONE a thank you in this case!

What petty remarks? People have stated their opinions in a mostly civil manner. And moving on isn't in Cruise Critic's nature...;)

Shanafan, RCI somehow booted Nancy from 1100 and gave her 1602. Island Lady booked, then Nancy discovered the mistake. RCI called I.L., didn't tell her what really happened, just that Nancy was doing a B2B and wanted 1100 for both legs (boo, RCI). I.L. said no, thinking she'd booked first, said she'd do it for a GS, RCI said no (boo, RCI). Nancy came on and cleared that up. I.L. got another call, said not unless I get a GS and RCI said ok, so I.L. gave up 1100 (yay, I.L.)

Now we're all squabbling over nothing.:p

Wow! Thanks for clearing up the missing pieces! What a pain in the you know what......and I hope I never have to experience this!

Wow! I'm glad this has been resolved, and I'll keep my personal opinions to myself at this point.

Just want to say that I became extremely paranoid and had to check my confirmations and "my cruises" to see if we had the same cabins for each week of our B2B. Now I'm off to check the SetSail passes (already printed).

Although if they want to upgrade us to a real suite (currently in a JS) for both weeks, we'll take it!!

BTW: we'll be Diamond after 3/31! :D

But it wasn't her cabin in May of 2011.

RCI reps will tell you anything they want you to hear and it's called CYA. I wonder why RCI didn't settle this yesterday? Maybe Nancy's TA got involved.

Let's face it, somebody at RCI made a big mistake. It's been settled and I do hope that both Pat and Nancy meet and have a wonderful cruise.

I understand it wasn't her cabin in May 2011, but today it was hers. RCI messed up and island lady got a GS for there mistake, and Nancy has her cabin back.

I think Royal decided to give Island Lady the GS, because since Nancy was on a b2b, for good PR, they would have had to give her 2 GS, if Island Lady did keep 1100. After all is said and done Royal Caribbean made the mess and caused all the commotion. I did say 1100 should have been Nancy's, but after RCI put it back into the system and IL bought it, it became hers. Nancy and IL both did what they should in booking the cabin. Any of us if this same thing happened to us, would feel the same way as Nancy or Island Lady(thinking the cabin we booked was ours), and would be quite upset at RCI for the mixup. Island Lady was told she did NOT have to give up the cabin, but she twice offered to give it up for a GS to allow Nancy to have it for both weeks. Nancy made it clear that she only wanted 1100 for both and nothing else. I am glad for Nancy getting her original booking back, but at the same time and glad there are people like Island Lady in this world.....giving up what she booked as her cabin. I hope this kind of thing doesn't occur often with RCI. I am checking the site several times daily to see if my cabin remains the same as when I booked.:rolleyes:

Me, too, by far. All grand suites have large balconies and TWO bathroom sinks. The amenities that come with them are a nice touch, too.

Gina

Heck yes! We had 1100 booked on Radiance for one of the 5 night cruises out of San Diego. :) I came home to a new booking confirmation from Royal Caribbean....that we had been upgraded to a Grand Suite.

I never asked why. We just did the Happy Dance! :D:):D

Really? You don't think it would be unacceptable for RCCL to honour the second booking instead of the first one? There is absolutely no reason why Nancy should have to be grateful or even consider having to move. RCCL screwed up, and they owed it to her to make it right. I would be of the school that saying thank you would just be polite, not a real expression of gratitude. After all, it's not like Nancy got anything out of this except stress- all she is getting is the status quo.

And yes, it blows my mind that a RCCL said said that the second booking would be taking primacy. That doesn't make any sense unless they were going to offer Nancy a free upgrade to a GS for both weeks.

Exactly. She should say thank you to IL for not dragging this out and digging her feet in to stay in 1100. Some people have said they wouldn't want a GS if they had 1100. But Island Lady is a real lady and saying thank you for that is just the polite and courteous thing to do.

Why should anyone thank another person for what was rightfully theirs first? Common courtesy, plain and simple. RCI made the mess, not island lady. Island lady got RCI out of the mess by accepting what not everyone would.

Gina

Exactly. She should say thank you to IL for not dragging this out and digging her feet in to stay in 1100. Some people have said they wouldn't want a GS if they had 1100. But Island Lady is a real lady and saying thank you for that is just the polite and courteous thing to do.

Why should anyone thank another person for what was rightfully theirs first? Common courtesy, plain and simple. RCI made the mess, not island lady. Island lady got RCI out of the mess by accepting what not everyone would.

Gina

Well said.

Why should Nancy say Thank You for getting back a cabin that was hers since May of 2011?

I guess for the same reason I have to explain my work schedule today. ;) :rolleyes:

Really? You don't think it would be unacceptable for RCCL to honour the second booking instead of the first one? There is absolutely no reason why Nancy should have to be grateful or even consider having to move. RCCL screwed up, and they owed it to her to make it right. I would be of the school that saying thank you would just be polite, not a real expression of gratitude. After all, it's not like Nancy got anything out of this except stress- all she is getting is the status quo.

And yes, it blows my mind that a RCCL said said that the second booking would be taking primacy. That doesn't make any sense unless they were going to offer Nancy a free upgrade to a GS for both weeks.

I wonder if the response would have been different if I had started a thread titled "I booked a cruise in 5-11 and my cabin was taken away from me."

Exactly, it was Nancy's cabin in May of 2011. She, like me, books cruises well in advance to get a specific cabin (esp. on a b2b!). I am sure IslandLady is a wonderful person, but to refer to her "agreeing" to move from 1100 as "gracious" when we don't even know how things would have played out if she hadn't (I, for one, would've somehow made sure RCCL got the cabin I booked in May back and then the person they mistakenly gave it to would not have had a choice, nor been considered gracious).

And although I agree that Nancy should be grateful she (and Pat, too) don't have to worry about resolving their cabin situation any more (don't we all have plenty to worry about most days anyhow?), I completely disagree that Nancy owes ANYONE a thank you in this case!

I am grateful, Terri. While it was VERY nice of Pat to take the GS, I don't feel that "thanks" are in order. I booked my cruise early so I could have this specific cabin. It wasn't my fault (or hers) that things turned out the way they did. All I know is I had it first, I had it in writing (or printing as the case may be), she got an upgrade, and I got my cabin back. :)

I knew what I was willing to settle for, as did my TA and RCCL. If Pat had chosen to keep the cabin, so be it. I was fine with the alternative, and both my TA and RCCL knew that. It was HER choice to move, no one forced her to do so. Again, while I think it was a nice gesture, I feel that it was my booking to begin with, as did she.

I feel like RCCL is taking a bad rap here, and for that I'm truly sorry. Did something go wrong? Yes, without a doubt. Do we know what? No. IF it had been my TA that made the mistake, while I would've been upset I realize no one is perfect. Mistakes happen. I just hope that Pat is as happy with the outcome as I am.

Nancy

Gina

Agree.....well said.

Island lady...never been in a suite but you got the better deal. Nothing is that impressive about that balcony...atleast you get a larger suite with true suite benefits. Don't see what the hoopla is over a balcony...but to each his own!

Perhaps Nancy can invite the OP to check out her balcony on 1100 for a little while...

I must be the only one here who thinks the resolution stinks.

RCCL should have just put the yellow duct tape down the center of cabin 1100 and let both couples use it. Just think of what great TV that would have made!

I'm half tempted to book the same cruise just so I can meet both of you girls and buy each one of you a burger and slice of cheesecake at the Windjammer!

While it was VERY nice of Pat to take the GS, I don't feel that "thanks" are in order.

I knew what I was willing to settle for, as did my TA and RCCL. If Pat had chosen to keep the cabin, so be it. I was fine with the alternative, and both my TA and RCCL knew that. It was HER choice to move, no one forced her to do so. Again, while I think it was a nice gesture, I feel that it was my booking to begin with, as did she.

Nancy

Wow!!! So you were offered OBC or an upgrade that you would have been ok with but you let Island Lady change her Dream instead. And you won't say Thank You??? Royal Caribbean was willing to let Island Lady keep the Cabin over you. She relented for you and you won't thank her.

Well guess what? She gets the GS. She has most CC members thinking what a nice thing she did. She has KARMA on her side.

And you? You won't thank her. Hmmmm.......not very nice of you. You have a JS and DO NOT have Karma on your side. And as far as CC....you don't look so good.

Is anyone here thinking the same as me ? What would have happened if Nancy had not noticed her cabin change and both ladies had turned up at embarkation with cabin 1100 ,,,,, world war 3 ?

Well...Nancy would have been told you are in Cabin 1602 not 1100. So if she had caused any kind of problem she would have been told by Security to go to her Cabin.

Island Lady averted any problem of this situation arising by giving up Cabin 1100 to Nancy. Yet Nancy defiantly refuses to thank her. That is what is really weird here. Why not just type on CC the three simple words...Thank you Pat? But she refuses, very odd. Certainly not very Classy. Certainly not very nice.

Well...Nancy would have been told you are in Cabin 1602 not 1100. So if she had caused any kind of problem she would have been told by Security to go to her Cabin.

Island Lady averted any problem of this situation arising by giving up Cabin 1100 to Nancy. Yet Nancy defiantly refuses to thank her. That is what is really weird here. Why not just type on CC the three simple words...Thank you Pat? But she refuses, very odd. Certainly not very Classy. Certainly not very nice.

Both Island Lady and Nancy have handled this mix-up with grace and a lot more composure than many of us could have exercised.

I have no doubt that, when they finally meet face-to-face, Nancy will say a quiet thank you. I see no need to judge her, or to pressure her to say her thanks on a public forum.

Archived