Door signs - Tacky?

Do it! I decorate mine because it amuses ME. I don't really care what others think. Last cruise I came back to my cabin while people were reading my door. I was at the very front of the ship so all but people in 4 cabins had to go out of their way to behold my door. LOL

I use scotchtape. On splendor even the cheesy little CC door magnets didn't stay in place.

I will add scotch tape to the list !!

Tell her to go for it! I like door decorations, it is festive and you don't get lost. (Though I've never done mine)

If she is staying in a cabin not with parents, I'd leave her age off of it, however.

She will be with me.. but excellent point...

( and it's for MY birthday she wants to make the sign... so it wouldnt be a minor ) :)

We'll be cruising at Easter time as usual for the DS's spring break so the raggedy old cardboard Bunny is going up on the door. Last year it wasn't an issue because we cruised in Aug. for a change. We just booked a cruise today and the DS asked me if I was going to take the Bunny on the cruise. When I answered in the affirmative he said, "Please, whatever you do mom, please do not put that thing on my cabin door. As if, :rolleyes:he's going on my door. Mr. Bunny has been traveling with us since the DS was 9, he's now 16. Put it on his door, can you even imagine such a thing?:eek:

I always decorate our door. Some say it's tacky, but it's my vacation and my door for the week, LOL.

I usually decorate it with things and pictures of different excursions for the ports we're going to.

ditto!

I love seeing people's door decorations.

I don't understand why anyone would think it's tacky. If it's not your door then why would anyone care? Can someone that thinks it's tacky please clue me in?
Yes it is tacky in the way that hanging stuff from your rear view mirror is tacky.

In the way garden gnomes are tacky. In the way personalized T-shirts are tacky.

But so what! As so many others have said,who cares what others think. If you enjoy it, good.

I don't understand why anyone would think it's tacky. If it's not your door then why would anyone care? Can someone that thinks it's tacky please clue me in?

I would like to know this too. I don't see why this is tacky, unless you are crude or well, tacky in your door decor. But, birthday, anniversary, or clever door decor seems only fun to me. (As long as it does not mess up the doors of course)

Tacky? Absolutely! Fun to embarass family you are going with? Priceless! Here is my wife's Grandparent's door from Legend in 2009.
[IMG]http://www.sullivanway.net/legenddoor.jpg[/IMG]
The bottom reads "If the ship is a rocking - don't come a knocking!":eek:

[quote name='jas1178']Tacky? Absolutely! Fun to embarass family you are going with? Priceless! Here is my wife's Grandparent's door from Legend in 2009.
The bottom reads "If the ship is a rocking - don't come a knocking!":eek:[/QUOTE]

THAT is just awesome! :D

My husband and I already have our anniversary banner ready for our cruise in August along with other cute decorations for our door. Love the fun spirit it brings!

[quote name='hannahsmomtoo']We embark on my birthday.. and my 13 year old daughter wants to make a door sign that says "It's my birthday" or something similar..
I have heard of people doing this...
Read mised reviews about whether or not the doors ( Splendor ) are metal..

What is your opinion on door signs? ok? tacky?

Thanks !!![/QUOTE]

I was at the Beverly Hilton last week. Travelong alone, but wanted others to know that I was "in the house". I taped a bunch of doilies to the door and ran streamers from corner to corner. To top it off, I made a big sign that said "JD's Room". It was super fantastic.

Super Awesome!!![

quote=jas1178;32795545]Tacky? Absolutely! Fun to embarass family you are going with? Priceless! Here is my wife's Grandparent's door from Legend in 2009.
The bottom reads "If the ship is a rocking - don't come a knocking!":eek:[/quote]

[quote name='hannahsmomtoo']We embark on my birthday.. and my 13 year old daughter wants to make a door sign that says "It's my birthday" or something similar..

Thanks !!![/quote]

Your vacation go for it! I'm still wearing my tacky landyard:D

Reader

Thanks !!![/quote]

Let her, she is showing you how special you are! It will make you both happy :)

Dont let what others think sway your opinion.

****I enjoy reading the doors :D

Archived