On Silhoutte now and it's been wonderful

weare3

Food has been good. Lawn club, go hungry and enjoy! Maho beach in St. Maarten was a 30 minute drive by taxi and watching the planes go right on top of us was an experience we will NEVER forget, so cool. The beach is very small and the waves are big but recommend this adventure to anyone. Antiqua .. Oh wow... I say this because taking the 360 tour around the island on a beautiful catamaran (Excellence is the co.) was one of the best tours we've ever taken. We have been on several cruises down this way and I have never seen the water color more amazing than the west side of the island. I would do this tour again for sure. St. Lucia.. Took the Spencer Ambrose beach tour and again we were very satisfied. Terry and his crew were very very friendly and gave the tour an extra touch that made it what it was. It so happened that the people on our tour were fantastic too! Miss them already! Today we are in St Kitts and the journey goes on! It has been a great week of travel. I will post more later. Weather has been good but it took quite a while before we could put our summer attire on.. 3 days before it was super sunny traveling from new jersey ( perhaps 4 days) but still ok because we knew we were headed for this wonderful sunshine.

Food has been good. Lawn club, go hungry and enjoy! Maho beach in St. Maarten was a 30 minute drive by taxi and watching the planes go right on top of us was an experience we will NEVER forget, so cool. The beach is very small and the waves are big but recommend this adventure to anyone. Antiqua .. Oh wow... I say this because taking the 360 tour around the island on a beautiful catamaran (Excellence is the co.) was one of the best tours we've ever taken. We have been on several cruises down this way and I have never seen the water color more amazing than the west side of the island. I would do this tour again for sure. St. Lucia.. Took the Spencer Ambrose beach tour and again we were very satisfied. Terry and his crew were very very friendly and gave the tour an extra touch that made it what it was. It so happened that the people on our tour were fantastic too! Miss them already! Today we are in St Kitts and the journey goes on! It has been a great week of travel. I will post more later. Weather has been good but it took quite a while before we could put our summer attire on.. 3 days before it was super sunny traveling from new jersey ( perhaps 4 days) but still ok because we knew we were headed for this wonderful sunshine.

Did you get blown into the water by the jet blast, have seen that on a number of occasions on TV. Excellent show on ten most dangerous airports which is shown occasionally on the various Discovery channels shows these people.

. Antiqua .. Oh wow... I say this because taking the 360 tour around the island on a beautiful catamaran (Excellence is the co.) was one of the best tours we've ever taken. We have been on several cruises down this way and I have never seen the water color more amazing than the west side of the island. I would do this tour again for sure.

We booked this tour and was excited about it, and now even more so.

Thanks for the updates & hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Can't wait to board in 5 more days......

Mari:)

Did you get blown into the water by the jet blast, have seen that on a number of occasions on TV. Excellent show on ten most dangerous airports which is shown occasionally on the various Discovery channels shows these people.

Good to see you back Don. Hope all is well.

You really have to be careful on this beach. Put you belongings near the road edge to avoid the water coming up. Also if you have kids, keep them far back because the waves can come in and get you and when you are getting back up from those waves, the next ones get you right away. They won't take you far out but it is startling. Also the bar/restaurant on the left of the beach has a surf board standing outside showing the times that the planes come in. You really need to be there for the big aircraft to feel that "oh my gosh" feeling. Fun fun fun!

How nice of you to take valuable cruise time to give us a little report! One of these days I'd love to go on this itinerary. I'm glad you're having a great time.

Quick question for those on board now - was the Sunset Bar opened at sailaway?

Someone over on our Eclipse board mentioned that it was closed at sailaway a few weeks ago and our group wants to meet there. We leave on Saturday and were hoping for a little warmer weather but now it looks like possible 60's.

Thanks for any info you can pass on.

Glad to read you are enjoying Silhouette in the Caribbean.

If you get a chance, take a look at the Zumba classes that I have just started on your cruise and let us know what you thinkicon6.gif

Curious to know if you will continue the Zumba on next month's TA?

Archived