IE and useless info 2

ekco

got a cabin for for tuesday so am a happy bunny now. any advice on What to do in Rome( no comment on 'when in Rome....' , RR):p

also recieved my etickets for the 30/10 today as well .

also is it likely to be a little choppy next week. im so excited :D:D

Lucky girl !!:)

The two times we've been to Rome we went on the train from Civitavecchia 12 euros return each takes just over an hour..first time we went to Terminii which is the end of the line then got the metro from that station to Colosseo up the steps out of the station and the Colosseum is right in front of you.....we then walked down the road (to the right if you're facing the Colosseum) past the Forum to the huge Vitor Emmanuel statue then we followed the signs to the Trevi Fountain and then to the Spanish Steps where we eventually got the Metro back to Terminii station. ....various coffee/icecream stops on the way!!!Metro is really easy compared to London there are only two lines.

Second time we just went to the Vatican....get off the train at San Pietro station and St Peters is signposted from the station or just follow everyone else!! After wandering St Peters Square and taking lots of pics we walked to the Vatican museum queued for a short while and had a lovely leisurely wander around there....there is so much to see including the Cistine chapel.....then we got the train back around 2 pm ish and had fresh fruit and ice cream at a cafe across the road from the sea front at Civitavecchia.

If you do go by train you must remember to validate your ticket in the yellow machine on the wall in the ticket hall before you get on the train!

Don't think it will be any more choppy than when we went in June....still nice weather this time of year! :)

Thanks for the Rome info jennywren :)

Yes RR it's tomorrow, now trying to get the case to weigh under 20kg as per last time got a lstof stuff to take for Danni. Probably be bringing stuff back for her too.

Leaving in about an hour, flying from stansted this time

Promise to write a review this time on my return as won't be working so much inthe chippy as seaon is close to end :D:D:D

I'm so jealous. I loved it on that ship. I want to take my friend next year to see if she likes cruising. I miss going up and down the mid-ship stair! I bloody loved it. 8 days in my beloved Benidorm in October for me next though..I adore Benidorm,,it's my kind of town!

Archived