Bringing Drinks

JenPaige

I know Carnival allows you to bring one bottle of wine or up to 12 cans of non-alcoholic drinks. However, it states that they must be in your carry on. My question is, does that not go over the amount of liquid that security allow you to bring in your carry on at the airport?

The best place for any and all info Carnival related is on the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

You are talking two different things here. Airport security vs getting on the ship. That is why, if you read around the boards, people are always asking where to buy stuff before they get on the ship, but after they arrival at the port city.

You transfer the bottles from your checked bags, into your carry on, once you leave the airport. And yes, you're correct, you cannot put that stuff into your carry on for the air portion of your trip.

Welcome to CC, Jen.

Ask any of your questions..... sometimes the obvious doesn't occur to us. :D

We've all asked a 'duh' question at one time or another.

Hope you have a great cruise.

The airline rules and ship rules are totally different things. You cannot bring bottles of wine on the plane, unless there's somewhere to purchase it AFTER you go thru security.
I'm sure you meant that you can't hand-carry wine onto the plane..

If I want a bottle of wine for my stateroom, will there be a cork screw in the room?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Some cruise lines do provide a cork screw in the some of the cabins. You can ask your cabin steward for one.

But you really should pack one in your suitcase -- not carry-on.

Thank you. Yes, I'm flying in the day before. I just didn't think about buying it after the flight. Not very smart, huh? I appreciate the tips.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Don't know what port you are cruising from -- but you are best to buy your wine and/or soda before you go to the ship.

I would never risk packing anything like that in suitcases for flying.

Archived