Royal Princess Deck Plans--here they are!

whatcruiseisnext

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of pool space, but I'm pleased that at least we get 3/4 of a promenade deck.

One thing is difficult to gauge is the scale? My inimitable thoughts are the public areas (dining rooms, theatre) big enough to cope with the passenger numbers? Do we know what the ratios are and how that compares with the generations of grand class ships that we can relate to? There are a *lot* of cabins there!

Even so I'm still excited!!!

There are a lot of cabins indeed on the Royal but the capacity is still maxed at 3,600 which is just about 600 more than the largest current Princess ships.

Just by quick inspection of the Royal Princess deck plans, the public areas seems to have increased on the lower floors while now having no cabins on Decks 5,6,7.

Maybe there will have to be three shows instead of the current two in the Princess Theater therefore cutting down the duration.

Other than that, I think it won't get too crowded in general. Now if it were like Oasis or the Allure then I'd be worried with the stated public spaces. :)

Hopefully the pricing will soon follow so we can tell our TAs exactly what type of cabins we prefer. With 20 categories of balcony cabins between the pricing for a standard obstructed view balcony & an unobstructed mini-suite, that's lot of cabins for the $400 difference between those 2 types of cabins.

I don't recall ever having a balcony that cost more than a mini-suite but based on what's been release so far that could be a possibility with the $400 price difference between a standard obstucted view balcony & an unobstructed mini-suite.

It'll be interesting to find out if the cabin diagrams showing the largest balconies (excluding suites) are with a deluxe balcony is accurate or the ship's deck plan which shows them all basically the same size. Previous ship plans accurately showed the larger BA balcony cabins so it'll be interesting to discover which is accurate...cabin diagram or deck plan? :confused:

There was a comment yesterday that the only category that would be released to the TA's for group rates was the Balcony Deluxe. Does anyone have any more info on this?

If the previously released recategorization info is accurate, it shows these categories as available for group rates: MB, MC, DB, DC, DD, DW, BB, BC, BD, BW, IB, IC, ID.

According to that info, the DW & BW are obstructed view balconies..."M" mini-suite; "D" deluxe balcony; "B" balcony; "I" inside.

There was a comment yesterday that the only category that would be released to the TA's for group rates was the Balcony Deluxe. Does anyone have any more info on this?

That is not true.....You can see what cabins will be released for group rates in the pdf file for the new cabin restructing. TA's won't be able to get group space in any suites or any cabins in teh A sections of the ship or any of those aft cabins as well as some other selected catagories. On the Royal, they will be able to book group space in minisuites MB and MC, Deluxe balconies in DB, DC ,DD and DW , Balconies in BB, BC, BD and BW, and insides in IB, IC and ID

I'm not amazed - while the interior renderings look pretty nice, I'm wondering how 3600 people are going to get around that one pool area?

Especially when she starts her 7 day Caribbean cruises.. The Coral/Island sisters are looking better

So is the new Royal Princess only doing Caribbean cruises? Where can we find the location of her sailings?

The Royal will be in Europe for her first summer, and then will sail out of FLL. We don't know what itineraries she'll do in the Caribbean yet, and might not until April.

Haven't found the deck plans on Princess website.

I was able to open the link that the poster put on CC. Then I went back a few minutes ago, and it won't open. I was going to copy it in color,

Did it disappear?

I just tried the OPs link & it opened up the deck plan for me...

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do;jsessionid=18E5E8D05D9617C05CA1574D4CF8FACE.p0710?shipId=216&deckId=Deck 4

here is a link to a much better deck plan that can actually be read. Looks like all of the oceanview state rooms are on deck 4 with only two on some of the upper decks. Didn't notice a theater either.

For any of you people that like to get a full body tan, I don't suggest booking cabin M415 or any of those in that category on either side. I'll give ya hint.....you'll be very visible from the "SeaWalk" that will be above you.....can you say fishbowl???? :D

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do;jsessionid=18E5E8D05D9617C05CA1574D4CF8FACE.p0710?shipId=216&deckId=Deck 4

here is a link to a much better deck plan that can actually be read. Looks like all of the oceanview state rooms are on deck 4 with only two on some of the upper decks. Didn't notice a theater either.

Not sure which deck plans you're looking at, but the only ones I see on Travelocity are for the former Royal Princess.....which did have oceanview cabins on deck 4

Are we talking about 1 pool for 3,600 passengers ?

Sali

Don't forget the "plunge pool"! LOL

Actually there is the retreat pool, but that is adults only. So besides that, yes there is basically one pool for the vast majority of passengers.

One thing I have always enjoyed about Princess are the pools. They are large (by cruise ship standards), surrounded by spacious decks, and they are spread out over the ship. This doesn't appear to be the case with the new ROYAL PRINCESS. :-(

Ernie

Am I seeing it right that MUTS is no longer by a pool but up higher? That would be great in my mind. I will really, really miss the aft pool and Skywalkers (aft) However, there does look like some really nice, new additions. It will be interesting to start reading reviews of her in a little over a year.

Am I seeing it right that MUTS is no longer by a pool but up higher? That would be great in my mind. I will really, really miss the aft pool and Skywalkers (aft) However, there does look like some really nice, new additions. It will be interesting to start reading reviews of her in a little over a year.

Based on this CG photo & the deck plans, it's just in front of the stacks above the aft end of the pool.

5529164259_4b4359d051_m.jpg.57dfadedac2016692f3ae38713dadbe9.jpg

So there really will be no other [free] pool to go to, to avoid MUTS on this ship.

I don't know; I'm not wowed. I'm not convinced she won't be grossly overcrowded. I realize she's bigger so the scale is hard to judge, but there simply doesn't seem to be that much more public space. For example, if anything, the Wheelhouse looks smaller than on the other ships. All the nice open decks aft are gone, plus a scant Promenade Deck. This ship seems like a step along the road that RCI has trodden: turning guests away from the outdoors and directing them inside. We'll see . . .

So there really will be no other [free] pool to go to, to avoid MUTS on this ship.

I don't know; I'm not wowed. I'm not convinced she won't be grossly overcrowded. I realize she's bigger so the scale is hard to judge, but there simply doesn't seem to be that much more public space. For example, if anything, the Wheelhouse looks smaller than on the other ships. All the nice open decks aft are gone, plus a scant Promenade Deck. This ship seems like a step along the road that RCI has trodden: turning guests away from the outdoors and directing them inside. We'll see . . .

There is the adult pool outside the Sanctuary. It's not a pay pool. Not sure though how far the sound of MUTS will carry. But they'll be issues if they could hear it in the Sanctuary and that pool is right outside.

It looks like they only have 1 bar for the pool areas!! They show 1 on lido, but it looks like Tradewinds bar is gone. Am I blind????:mad:

Steve

Well, there's the SkyView Bar... and maybe the Calypso Cabana is hiding a bar, but that may be the entertainment area for the Lido..

As for the pool situation, it appears from the earlier renderings that all the blue area around the main pools is underwater too... how deep is anyone's guess... (yeah, it's probably just the overflow area for the pools, but we can hope...:p)

Archived