Quick: I need advice!!

I am going on my honeymoon in July on Serenade of the Seas in the Mediterranean.

In October, I booked a D2 Superior Oceanview Balcony (hump room 9578) for $3, 319 a person...now, I can get a Deluxe Oceanview Balcony guarantee for $3,227 total (for the 2 of us!!! - half price!).

1. What is the difference between the Superior and Deluxe rooms? (I believe the Superior has 204 sq. ft verse the Duluxe having 184 sq. feet.) Is that a big difference? Is the Superior worth it? Please note: I will probably be in my room a decent amount in the evening, as I am a low key person.

2. Is having the hump on floor 9 that much of an advantage?

3. Should I "risk" it and just book the guarantee and save $3,000??

Quick!! Who knows how long this deal will or won't last! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

I would take the money. I don't think you'll miss 20 sq ft. We did E1s on our Med cruise and it was fine.

Post the date so we can see what rooms are left.

There was one day of the cruise that was a little bit rough but for the most part it was very calm. Take your Bonine and save the money.

Google 'book your cruise online' and do some searching. There is a site that makes it easier to see more cabins (although they still may not all show up). I see 20 E1s left, some in very good locations. I see no D1 D2 E2 or E3 left. (But I haven't looked at the Royal site because it peeves me so more may be left.)

Are you sure about that price?

Ok I looked at Royal and it looks like the guarantee is for E3 but that doesn't mean they wouldn't give you an E1 or E2.

I would still take the money.

Google 'book your cruise online' and do some searching. There is a site that makes it easier to see more cabins (although they still may not all show up). I see 20 E1s left, some in very good locations. I see no D1 D2 E2 or E3 left. (But I haven't looked at the Royal site because it peeves me so more may be left.)

Are you sure about that price?

D3, E2 and E1 still showing plenty of availability on the RCI site.

D3, E2 and E1 still showing plenty of availability on the RCI site.

Yeah but guarantee is for E3, X. There are some nice Es left. I think he would get an E3 assigned for the lower price but you never know.

Take the moneeeeee.....!

Just had a look on another site - may or may not be the same as the poster above but it is showing D2, E1, E2, E3 (Guarantee) available.

Whatever $3300 is a heck of a lot of spending money for your honeymoon and you would still get a balcony so I'd say switch!

Just had a look on another site - may or may not be the same as the poster above but it is showing D2, E1, E2, E3 (Guarantee) available.

Whatever $3300 is a heck of a lot of spending money for your honeymoon and you would still get a balcony so I'd say switch!

Yes, I looked again and those cabins are coming up (they weren't before). The guarantee is for E3 but he might do better. That's a lot of money.

What happens if I get an obstructed view? Are they that bad??

I'm not really picky...but it is my honeymoon :)

Also - can I book this room in addition to my other room and then get money back if I cancel one before the final payment?

What happens if I get an obstructed view? Are they that bad??

I'm not really picky...but it is my honeymoon :)

Also - can I book this room in addition to my other room and then get money back if I cancel one before the final payment?

I don't know if they would let you book another room if you already have a reservation on that ship and sail date.

Most E3s are on deck 7. You can always call (once assigned) and ask for another room in the same category. You may not even get an E3, you may get an E1 or an E2. It's definitely a gamble. Depends on how much you want to save 3k.

Balconies on deck 7 may have lifeboat covers below you so you can't look directly down.

Oh I hope you do this! Thats a lot of money and will go a long way towards lote of newly wed expenses!

The reason lots of people like the humps is for the convenience to the elevators because they have mobility challenges ( that often come with age) and the slightly more expansive views. As a honeymooner I'm assuming you are on the younger side, and possibly more mobile, though I could be wrong. So is a little walking an issue for you? I was on an Aft cabin in Jewel, and even thats not very far...its a ship!;)

You aren't going out into rough waters like a Trans Atlantic to have to worry about so much about motion.

I hope you are changing to the gty cabin right now! Happy honeymoon!

Archived