What's your song?

Kenlorz

I can't wait to be relaxing on on the semi-private deck of the Allure on deck 11...just a few feet from my cabin...and listening to my favorite songs with my sunglasses perched on nose and the breeze blowing through my hair (getting loopy just thinking about it now).

So, it got me to thinking, what song(s) brings you instantaneously right back to being on a cruise when you hear it?

I can't wait to be relaxing on on the semi-private deck of the Allure on deck 11...just a few feet from my cabin...and listening to my favorite songs with my sunglasses perched on nose and the breeze blowing through my hair (getting loopy just thinking about it now).

So, it got me to thinking, what song(s) brings you instantaneously right back to being on a cruise when you hear it?

"Bg ship sailing on the ocean" - Freddie McGregor (I've actually went on Youtube and listened to it a few times recently to get myself into the cruising spirit!!)

Also anything by Bob Marley or anything on Kenny Chesney's "Old Blue Chair" cd. Kenny does a seriously good job of putting me in the mood for the caribbean. If you haven't listened to the album I HIGHLY suggest it!! *Awesome!*

PS Great thread :)

For me it's Springsteen's "Incident on 57th Street", but that is for personal reasons. But then, it is my favorite Springsteen song, one that I have had the good fortune to hear live four times. Of course, any song that is being played at sail away can very easily become my favorite song.

Surprised no one has posted it yet. No matter where or what I'm doing. If i hear "what a wonderful world" (either version) I start craving a cruise.

Dare I say this here. My cruise line of choice is Crystal and I sail RCI primarily for the convenience of a cruise from Baltimore. One or their traditions is playing Loius Armstrong's version at every sailaway so that song is very special to me.

Roy

A couple more from Zac Brown Band:

Where the Boat Leaves From:

So get away to where the boat leaves from

It takes away all of your big problems

You got worries you can drop them in the blue ocean

But you gotta get away to where the boat leaves from

See the problem is that you're right there

And there's a perfectly good island somewhere

Knee Deep (with Jimmy Buffett): more of being on a beach though...

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere

Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair

Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair

Sunrise there's a fire in the sky

Never been so happy

Never felt so high

And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise

Also: I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas. They are always playing it on deck!

Fantastic Voyage - Lakeside

Ive got a feeling - Blackeyed Peas

Boogey Shoes - KC and the Sunshine Band (because of the 70s show on board)

One Love - Bob Marley

Jamming - Bob Marley

Kokomo - The Beach Boys

Im sure I will think of more

The first one that comes to mind is UB40 - Red Red Wine and of course a whole bunch of Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffett songs.

When I was on the Oasis last month, the pool band never played Red Red Wine. I am so traumatized; had to book another cruise to recover ;)

Archived