How many are uncomfortable in Blu because the tables are close together and quiet

Dena

People have said the room is quiet. I have been in restaurants with tables very close together, but rooms have been lively. It looks like in Blu I would be able to hear the conversation of the couple at the next table perhaps even if they were whispering. This can't make for a very pleasant or private experience, yet many say they love Blu. So what am I missing?

The tables are close, but nobody really listens in to others conversations. Itis nice that, depending on who is seated next to you, it is fun to strike up a conversation if all are interested. If not, it is easy to talk with your partner. The food is incredible and one of the main reasons we always eatin Blu when on Celebrity

The tables are close, but nobody really listens in to others conversations. Itis nice that, depending on who is seated next to you, it is fun to strike up a conversation if all are interested. If not, it is easy to talk with your partner. The food is incredible and one of the main reasons we always eatin Blu when on Celebrity

Would you say the spacing is similar to some of the closest tables for two in the MDR. I have not been on Celebrity, but on Princess they are way to close together for comfort (for me). DH and I dine later on Princess so we can get a table for 4 for the two of us.

Some of us love early dining in Blu so that we can pounce on the picture window seats.

That tends to leave the remaining half of Blu relatively untouched. A couple we met on Equinox always chose an early dining time and sat comfortably (and romantically) by themselves.

Hope this helps...

Alan

I did notice that. I ate breakfast in Blu alone, so I always picked a table not next to someone else. We made friends with one couple we met at dinner and ended up eating with them another time.

At dinner, it's crowded enough that you don't have much choice and it's not as uncomfortable. People take their cues from the adjoining table. You can tell pretty quickly if the couple on either side wants to converse or have their privacy respected.

We had no problems with enjoying quiet, intimate dinners in Blu, mostly because your fellow diners are coming & going all at different times, & each table is treated as completely separate from those surrounding it, to me, this was the best part of Blu.

I suppose if you'd like, you could 'listen in' on nearby conversations, but chances are, you'll be so engaged with your partner, & the wait staff & sommelier, that you won't even notice who's nearby. We sure didn't.

There are a few two tops that aren't close together, we try to opt for those if possible, but we love Blu even when we can't get those. One of the nice things about Blu is that it is NOT loud as the MDR is and therefore you can actually each other talk!!!:)

We particularly liked the tables in the back section, especially those with banquette seating. The Maitre D on Eclipse learned that was our preference and seated us in that area.

2384084440104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Since we always ate later (after 8 pm) there wasn't any attraction to sitting by the windows and I think this was a noisier area.

2677258610104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

We were also worried about the lack of privacy on our last cruise. We ate early and got a window table. When we did get neighbors, usually we ended up having wonderful conversations. We met such lovely people from all around the world, and Blu was such a wonderful part of our terrific cruise to South America on Infinity.

Cannot speak to highly of Blu, we both love it, not just for the food which is great but for the general ambience. As others have said you can keep yourselves to yourselves or strike up a conversation with those near you, we met some lovely people last year due to the seating in Blu.

If you wish to be on your own, there are a couple of tables for 2 on the left of the restaurant which are fairly isoloated. This was the layout of Eclipse Blu last October. On that cruise the maitre' d' told us that of the 130 Aqua cabins, 3 were no shows, 3 opted to dine in the MDR and 124 dined in Blu, so it was busy, and I doubt that many suite pax would get in for dinner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59368763@N07/5833891666/

On our first cruise on Eclipse we had a wonderful waiter and assistant. On our next cruise the assistant waiter was a full waiter, but in the MDR. On the following cruise he was back in Blu, serving the tables on the far left, so we opted to sit there, and the maitre'd always put the pax on alternate tables, so it was very private.

On our last cruise 'our' waiter had the middle row of tables by the window, and we were dining early, and we had the same couples with us most nights, often sitting at different tables in that row. We got on really well, on what was probally our best cruise ever, the service, food and company were fantastic.

OP, just tell the maitre'd your requirements, they will do the best to accomodate your wishes.

Richard

Archived