What's happened to the doc dance?

Terre

In this day of electronic tickets, the joy of dancing from the mailbox down the driveway with your cruise tickets in hand seems to have faded. Does anyone besides me miss doing the doc dance?

I feel your disappointment, too. However, it is still an absolutely fantastic feeling when you pay the cruise off, and you can print those docs without the wait. I admit I do the dance still. "I have my documents. I have my documents. Going on a cruise. Oh yeah, oh yeah!!!!" My family knows that I am nuts. So they just roll their eyes at me :-)

Oh boy...those were the days. I remember our first couple of cruises on RC, and being so excited to get our docs and printed luggage tags in the mail with our name and stateroom number. The docs were spiral bound at first, then they turned into cheaper stapled versions. Now everything's online...but I still dance! :D

I heard/read somewhere that you can pay a $20 fee and they will mail you the documents...not sure how true that is.

I miss the doc dance also, those were the days. I will again download the boarding pass/luggage tags for our September cruise on the Glory..I do this in color so it seems a little better...LOL

I am booked with NCL for a trans-atlantic cruise and found out that NCL still sends the docs.

So I will at least get to do the doc dance for that cruise...LOL

In this day of electronic tickets, the joy of dancing from the mailbox down the driveway with your cruise tickets in hand seems to have faded. Does anyone besides me miss doing the doc dance?

Not to try to make you feel old.....but I've always gotten them electronically:p:)

Not to try to make you feel old.....but I've always gotten them electronically:p:)

Well, there's always a little whipper snapper somewhere ready to bring you back to reality...

Well, there's always a little whipper snapper somewhere ready to bring you back to reality...

Funny! I remember waiting on them, in fact we got them one time about a week before the cruise... we were a bit panicky!

Funny! I remember waiting on them, in fact we got them one time about a week before the cruise... we were a bit panicky!

Dang, I would be panicky, too! I probably would have been on the phone to my TA! At least with the e-tickets we don't have THAT problem anymore.

I miss the luggage tags! Oh, well, such is life, eh? ;)
The only real luggage tags you get these days are those sad luggage tags

the out-bound ones you get on board the ship, on your last night.

Those things we get to print for ourselves hardly qualify. :cool:

I've always kept luggage tags

but then I collect anything that stands still long enough.

Archived