"Pre-Voyage Documentation" - I am quite impressed!

T5LHR

Our Pre-Voyage Documentation & Shore Excursions for our QE June 5th trip arrived today. It's a real keeper with the 3 ships logo and JUBILEE Celebrations written on the front cover. I am soooo glad I didn't GO GREEN. It is a true work of art as far as I am concerned. (It takes very little to impress me though)

The only issue is that they are offering shore excursions to the Hermitage in St Petersburg. We are in St Petersburg on a Monday and the Hermitage is apparently closed on a Monday. Maybe they are opening especially for us, although somehow I doubt that!:confused:

I wish that I had known that the documents would arrive so far in advance of the trip. We are leaving on the Caribbean Princess on April 27 and returning on the QM2 on June 10. I pressed the "Go-Green" option because I feared that the documentation would not arrive in time.

I don't have any problem with the labels they send me.

Shiny

Shiny, you shouldn't try to hide your light under a bushel. You forgot to enter your addresses. Don't worry, I've put them in for you, that way you can't be accused of name dropping. :D

J

Luggagelabelshiny.jpg

If every suitcase had priority delivery, doesn't that just mean that every suitcase arrived at the same time for everybody? I can't see what advantage there was! :)

Yes :) All the luggage arrived very quickly indeed.

I just got my pre-voyage documents. Inside it says if you want to arrange coach or chauffeur transfers you need to do this no later than 45 days before your cruise. I received the document 42 days before my cruise. :(

They seem to be sending them out late this year. Previously I've received them around 60 days prior.

I'm not at all impressed with the new style luggage labels at the back of the book. They now take up 6 pages instead of the usual one page. I'm not sure what the advantage is supposed to be?

I remember in the G.O.D. we were also presented with a passenger list at the end of the voyage.

That would never happen now - every thing is top secret, it's all for security you know.

For example, I rang Cunard a few months ago to arrange to dine with some friends who have booked separately. I know their names ( of course ) and also their booking references and cabin numbers, so I thought I'd just have to quote that info and it would be easy. Oh no, they could not do it. I was given a code to tell the other party. Then the other party had to ring and quote the same code. Talk about top secret !

That would never happen now - every thing is top secret, it's all for security you know.

For example, I rang Cunard a few months ago to arrange to dine with some friends who have booked separately. I know their names ( of course ) and also their booking references and cabin numbers, so I thought I'd just have to quote that info and it would be easy. Oh no, they could not do it. I was given a code to tell the other party. Then the other party had to ring and quote the same code. Talk about top secret !

The same happened to us a couple of years ago. They quite happily put you on tables for 4/6/8 with complete strangers but when it's members of your own family (who booked a few weeks later than us) we had to give them a code which they then emailed back to Cunard so we could all sit on the same table for four.

The same happened to us a couple of years ago. They quite happily put you on tables for 4/6/8 with complete strangers but when it's members of your own family (who booked a few weeks later than us) we had to give them a code which they then emailed back to Cunard so we could all sit on the same table for four.

A very sensible precaution I think. You could well have found yourself sitting with Jimmy or me.

Shiny

• 3 months later...
Later the "leather" wallet became more like an envelope,wallets were embossed with the Cunard Logo.

I picked some of these up of of ebay, for when I take the plunge, Also seen some with QM2 embossed on them, are these genuine ? or have they only ever had Cunard on them.

I picked some of these up of of ebay, for when I take the plunge, Also seen some with QM2 embossed on them, are these genuine ? or have they only ever had Cunard on them.

There are versions of the Cunard ticket wallets with the QM2 logo. We have a couple of them from our crossing on the QM2 in 2005.

Regards,

John.

Uh Oh! You will lose out on the brochure thingy with the shore excursions now. It doesn't matter all that much in practical terms, as you can book all the excursions on line anyway but, personally, I really enjoy having the thing drop through the mail box and then sitting down with a cup of tea and deciding which excursions to book.

If you want one as a souvenir then I suggest you get on to your roll call and beg somebody on the cruise to let you have theirs when they're finished with it.

J

Yes, always good to get the information in the post..........only now if asked for I find and my latest ones photocopied from my TA!!!

My 2004 QM2 'leather' wallet is still used.

Gone are the days I'm afraid.................Cunard say it's Go Green policy saves the planet and to save THEM money, transferring the responsibility to us, their passengers, to print the documentation ourselves............I question that!!

We were left two of the Cunard black leatherette wallets on our bed on the QV a couple of weeks ago.

It's as if they've found a stock of them somewhere. We already have a few of them and it might have been better just to give them to first time passengers.

Well, the main difference was that you used to get your printed tickets in a "leatherette" wallet affair embossed with the Cunard logo. I've still got three of the things somewhere. We still use them - when we've printed our "E-tickets" we put them in the wallet and take them with us to check-in where nobody asks for them. :D:D:D

J

Just an FYI - the embossed wallets were in our stateroom when we joined QM2 on July 1. Don't know if this will continue or not but we were certainly surprised to see the wallets again!

The wallets have also been "prizes" in the pub trivia quiz.

Given that they are now turning up in cabins, I wonder if someone has found a warehouse stacked high with them, ordered just before they stopped sending them out with tickets enclosed?

Given how shore-side “works”, it would likely that one department decided to stop issuing them, to save money, just after another section had taken delivery of a ten year supply :eek: .

Yes, I had one left on my bed about the third night into my transatlantic - I used it to keep all my receipts in so I could check my statement. :cool:

Lucky you. I've never scored one of those from Cunard, although a very considerate correspondent did send me an original Cunard leather wallet, which I plan to use on my next cruise.

NOOOOOOO ive clicked GO Green!! Ohhhhh Nooooooo!

David

Once you go GREEN you can't go back - I'm afraid, I've tried :mad:

But, in fairness to Cunard, we do the same sort of thing at work, and it's reduced my laser toner cost's by a cruise amount of money a year :D so it's not that bad :)

Andrew

Archived